13

I woke up a few hours later. We were on the floor of my living room, it was light outside. Kurt was still asleep. I was comfortably laying on his chest and we were covered in a thin blanket. It was chilly in the living room.
"Kurty." I whispered sweetly as I got up.
"Huh?" He said waking up suddenly.
"Good morning." I whispered as he smiled.
"You come back here." He whispered wrapping his arm around me and pulling me back so I was laying on his chest. He smiled.
"This is so ideal." He whispered. He looked so content. I decided not to point out that we were on the floor, while I'm sure he knew. He sighed.
"I haven't smoked in what feels like years, let's go." He said. I got up and so did he. I found my cigarettes and a lighter and went outside. Kurt followed. He reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a pack of his own. I lit mine and handed him my lighter.
"Thanks." He responded. We sat there against the brick wall. Admiring the corpses of the dead bees from the hive knocked down from the roof. After my cigarette was nearly to the filter I threw it into a nearby puddle so I didn't have to stomp on it with bare feet. Kurt did the same and we went back inside.

"Hey Ruby?" Kurt asked.
"What?" I answered.
"Did last night mean anything to you?" He said looking up at me.
"Yeah. I had a dream that you left for LA without me and I couldn't go. So when I was at home in your lap I was absolutely overjoyed." I whispered.
"It meant everything to me regardless. I'm not ready for a relationship after Courtney, but I want you to know that I appreciate you. I appreciate you more than you will ever know." He said quietly.
"I appreciate you too, Kurty. " I said and that made him smile.
"I'd never leave you here. Id never think of it." He laughed. I nodded. There was a frantic knock at the door. Kurt ran over to it and opened it. Courtney, with ratty hair, holding that poor baby stood in the doorway.
"Kurt please come home." She begged.
"Courtney I already filed the divorce papers on my end." He said coldly.
"I know, I miss you." She tried her best to seem cute. He rolled his eyes.
"Please leave us alone unless you want to let me see the baby, we are happy and I do not want you to ruin that." He was harsh, but what do you say to your ex wife?