90

I was caught between a rib or two, I sunk into the snow covered park bench.

I got up and began walking again, feeling the need to be further and further.

And then I saw it.

It looked like something out of an Andy Warhol recreation movie. I wanted to take a photo, to have a camera. To keep the little happy people in my grasp forever. A man with faded green hair was sitting in front of the building smoking a cigarette.

As I neared him, I recognized him.

I had to place his name.

Jason?

no.

Josh?

no.

Jeremy.

That was it.

Jeremy. 

"Jeremy?!" I yelled slightly as I was far away.

He nodded, raised his hand in a wave. I stood beside him in the cold, the people around him looking confused at him.

"Kurt Cobain's girl." He clarified their suspicions.

Suddenly, everyone was nice to me.

"Come inside, this is a little art studio we share with all the kids in our scene." A girl said. I followed her closely.

"We're all hanging out here and trading gifts because our families don't want us around." Jeremy smiled sheepishly.

"But who needs parents when you've got friends like these." He smiled putting his arm around the girl.

"I'm just amazed that I'm in your presence. You're friends with like all of my favorite bands!" She smiled.

She looked to have been about 18, young compared to me, as I was in my mid twenties.

"My name is Amy. You want some coffee?" She smiled warmly.

There were worn leather couches and easels, a desk in the corner. Painted above it was a canvas, on it Carrie.
A boney white cat strolled around the room, patrolling his home.
The walls were covered in art and fliers. It was gorgeous. The floor lined with layers of dirt and glitter.

No judgement, no hate. Just creativity.

"Madonna in her underwear? You should be ashamed." I jokingly nudged him with my elbow pointing at a magazine cutout on the wall.

The room was filled with 7 people, mainly men.

"That's my boyfriend, Arthur." Jeremy said pointing at a man with dreadlocks.

"This place reminds me of that place where Andy Warhol hung out." I smiled at them. He invited me to sit down. There was an older man, about thirty sitting on one side of me and Jeremy on the other.
"I met Andy Warhol at a really chic party." The man said.
I nodded slightly. Jeremy's boyfriend sat on the arm of the couch, he handed his boyfriend a coffee.

"Why are you around here?" He asked. I shrugged a bit.
"You found Kurt yet?" He asked, sympathetically putting a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head.
"He'll turn up."