84

"RUBY!" A blond woman that I recognized but had not met pulled me into her arms, inviting herself and her boy-thing into my home. I hugged her back, carefully.
"Kim lay off." The man said. She laughed a bit, and pulled herself off of me. She smiled, her sunken in cheeks pulling to reveal pearl teeth. The man shut the door.
"I'm Thurston." The man said holding out his hand, I grabbed it and shook it weakly.
"We're here to help you plan a surprise party." The woman I assumed to be Kim smiled.

Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore. Kurt's favorite band, Sonic Youth.

I didn't know that he knew them, although I couldn't see why he wouldn't. Him being a beloved rockstar, his fame towering down among the lonely, regular people.

Kurt was lonely too, in that plain room of his. I hadn't seen him in a week, Courtney brought herself and the baby, Kurt did whatever he wanted with Courtney. Thurston and Kim stormed up the stairs into the living room, River raised an eyebrow.
"I'm Thurston." Thurston said as he sat beside him on the couch, not needing an invitation.
"I'm River."
"What an odd name." Thurston smiled.
"Yeah well I've never met a guy named Thurston." River playfully nudged him with his elbow. Men bonded weirdly.

Kim sat at the couch on the opposite side of the room.
"He will be home before Christmas, let's make it a Christmas party." She smiled. She grabbed a pen and a pad of paper from beside the phone.
"Who should we invite?" She asked.

Her tone of voice was soothing, she had a relaxing, somewhat deep voice that coated the air like honey.
"Kurt's mother and sister?" I asked. She nodded silently.
"I say Kat Bjelland." She said. I nodded as she scribbled names down on the pad of paper.
"Kathleen Hanna." I ordered her to write.
"But not Tobi Vail, because they were a thing." She said looking up from her list.
"When?" I raised an eyebrow.
"For like 6 months in 1990, she didn't even consider him a boyfriend. It was real sad." My eyebrows scrunched together at her remark.

Tobi Vail, I hadn't met her, but I had seen photos of her and Kathleen.

Kathleen hung around her.

Kathleen was friends with a woman who had broken my lover's heart.

"Who else?" She asked.
"His bandmates." I said remembering.
"Kim deal?" She asked.
"Three Kim's, triple threat." I giggled.
"Should we invite his dad?" She looked up at me seriously. I thought for a moment.

Kurt had never mentioned his father, I assumed that he walked out after Kim his sister was born. But no, he had a father, that he knew, from what Kim said.
"Yeah." I said, not knowing if that was the right answer.

We would have to wait to see.