54

"Who is it from?" Kurt asked.
"My ex girlfriend's mom." I said.
"You're into girls too?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed the letter from me and read it. He looked saddened. I opened the box and grabbed a book. I read through it. It was her diary. It started when we first started dating. I didn't read through it fully. I dug in the box. I grabbed a dress.
"This was the dress she wore on our first date." I said as I wiped tears away. He hugged me.
"It's ok." He said. I held it. I tried to embed her scent into my skin. Trying to bring back all the memories I had of her.
"What happened." He asked.
"I mean, why did you break up?" He asked.
"She wanted to move to Las Vegas. I didn't want to go with her so she left." I said.
"How did she die?" He asked.
"Suicide I guess. I guess she wasn't as happy as she said in her letters." I said sadly. There was more in the box but I was finished. I put the stuff back and pushed the box to the corner. I put my hand on my belly.
"I could really be pregnant." I said sadly.
"Well yeah." Kurt said.
"I'm happy about it even if you aren't." He added. He smiled,
"We'll be ok." He said

"I'm just worried." I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"I'm just going to have to drop cigarettes right now." I sighed. He nodded.
"Courtney smoked and did heroin while pregnant and bean is okay."he said.
"Yeah well I'm not a terrible mother. I'm not going to take a chance." I sighed.
"You think Courtney's a terrible mother?" He said.
"She can't even legally have your baby. Of course she's terrible." I sighed.
"I think she's a great mother and does the best she can." He said.
"Somebody's delusional." I scoffed.
"I'm not going to argue about this."
"We rushed things." I said sadly.
"I think so too." I got up and walked up the stairs.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"Bed." I said sadly.
"Can I come?" He asked.
"Maybe later." I said. I sighed as I went through our bedroom door. I curled up in the bed Kurt and I shared. I didn't change clothes or anything. I turned the light off and laid with the back to the door. I cried. I let out all of the negative emotions from the day. I cried myself to sleep. A few hours later I woke up to a weight being put on the other side of the bed. I saw Kurt's shape in the backlight from the hallway. I rolled over and put my head by his.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." I said.