48

I struggled with Kurt. I had gotten his car keys and gotten him into the car. He was drunker than I had ever seen him. He began crying as I drove. I didn't know how to respond.
"I miss..." He started and sniffled.
"I miss my baby. I miss Frances." He said. 
"You'll see her again Sunday, babydoll." I said quietly. He cried some more. Once we got home. Through the gates and to the garage I got out. Kurt opened the door and walked with me. I grabbed the house key from his pocket and opened the door. I shut it behind us and brought him upstairs. I helped him undress and lay down.
"Come here." He ordered. I did. I laid down beside him after taking off my shoes. He sloppily kissed my face and neck.
"Kurt you're drunk." I laughed.
"I may be drunk but you are mine." He said as he kissed me.
"I am yours." I said.
"we're still in our honeymoon phase." He said quietly.

I woke up the next morning with Kurt wrapped up with me, his head on my chest. I was the protector and nurturer most of the time. Kurt reminded me of a small child, sweet. His hand gently rested on my hip bone, his eyes closed. His breath was steady. I couldn't get up without him waking. But I tried anyways. I succeeded. As I went to his closet to find a shirt to put on something fell.
"Ah." I said quietly. A small box hidden on the top shelf opened when it fell. Inside the contents were far than shocking. A burnt spoon, a few plastic bags filled with mystery powders, and 3 syringes. I wanted to be furious. I stayed calm. I returned the box to the shelf and laid back down, naked with my junkie of a husband. His eyes opened.
"Hello." He said. He smiled. I stayed silent. I grabbed his arm, clean. I looked at his hand, clean.
"What?" He asked.
"Nothing." I said, relieved. He wrapped his arms around me.
"God. I am hungover." He sighed and held his head.
"I'm sorry." I said. I still had a bad feeling. I had no motivation to get up to help him. If he couldn't take care of himself, I can't take care of him.
"Kurt can we talk?" I asked. He nodded. He looked scared.
"Be honest with me." I said. He nodded.
"Are you on drugs?" I asked. He paused. He gave me his hand.
"Look for track marks." He said.
"There aren't any." I said.
"I already looked earlier." I added. He kept silent. He sat up and showed me his foot in the veins and in between his toes were tiny red dots.
"You have another baby until you get clean for the one you have." I said.
"If you can't get clean for me I can't expect you to get clean for a child. " I said. He looked down, saddened.
"Okay."

Hi hi hi I decided to continue this past 50 thanks for the love