51

Kurt was puking. I didn't know how to help him. It was from stress from what I knew. It was Friday night. We had to be at the show to set up in an hour. I couldn't rush Kurt, he was already so stressed. After he had finished puking and brushed his teeth he came into the living room where I was.
"What are we going to do with bean?" He asked.
"I'll call Courtney and see if she can keep her for the night." I smiled. I got up. Bean was taking a nap upstairs. I grabbed the phone that was on the side table and dialed Courtney's number.

"Hi." I said to her.
"Hello." She said.
"We were wondering if you could keep the baby tonight." I said quietly.
"What do you think? That I have no life? It's a Friday night." She said semi rudely.
"Oh, sorry." I said and then hung up.
"Is she taking her?" Kurt asked as he changed shirts.
"No." I said quietly.
"I'll just stay home." I said.
"No I need you to come with me. I haven't played in months. What if they think I've been neglecting them? What if they beat me up?" He asked.
"They won't." I sighed.
"Yeah but I need you there for support." He sighed.
"Okay." I said.
"But who will babysit?" I asked.
"Let me call Kim." He said as he grabbed the phone.

"She'll be here in 15 minutes." He said happily. I sat on the couch and watched tv as Kurt scrambled around the house for cords instrument-y things. The door bell rang. I went down the stairs and to the door. I opened it to reveal Kim. She hugged me as she came inside. I shut the door behind us.
"So how have you been?" I asked.
"I've been okay." She smiled. When Kurt saw his sister he sat everything he was holding down and hugged her.
"The baby is upstairs. I'm sure you know how to take care of a baby," Kurt said.
"Nothing special." I laughed. Kurt gathered his stuff.
"You ready?" He asked. I nodded.
"We'll be back around 11." Kurt said to his sister. We went out the front door. Kurt threw his stuff into the car and I sat in the passenger seat. Kurt got in a few moments later after everything was settled.
"I'm excited but I am also so nervous." He said. I reached over and put my hand on his leg. Washington was cold in November. I had Kurt's sweater and that was it. Kurt turned the heat on in the car and we drove out the gate. We drove for about ten minutes until we reached the venue. Kurt and I went in through the back door. It was cramped backstage, the air was stale and everyone we encountered smelled like beer. Some guy took Kurt's guitar, probably to set up. Kurt and I went to find Dave and Krist. They were sitting in a room with a couch and a table. There was a bottle of water on the table, unopened. I took it.
"Cobain!" I heard someone yell.
"Yeah?" Kurt said back. The person stood in the doorway.
"We heard you like room temperature soda to settle your nerves or something." A guy said as he handed Kurt a can of soda. Kurt took it and opened it.
"Thanks man." I laid my head on his chest and sat beside Kurt.
"I love you." I said quietly, as to not embarrass him in front of his friends.
"I love you too." He said louder.