19

"Don't lie to me." He whispered.

"I'm not lying to you, why can't you trust me on such simple things?" I said tiredly.

"You can lie to me if you want, but i want it to be clear that you're only fooling yourself at this point." he sighed.

"Kurt, nothing happened, simple as that." I said.

"Okay, whatever you say." He said meanly.

"You go out at night and god knows what you do." I leaned back into the seat of the car.

"You know about that?" He asked.

"I'm not as dumb as you think I am." I sighed.

"I don't think you're dumb at all." He said.

"Why would you care if we fucked? I'm not your girlfriend despite what the magazines think." I said.

"Yeah? But that doesn't mean I don't feel that way about you." He said exhausted. I was silent for awhile.

"You feel that way about me?" I asked.

"I brought you with me to Los Angeles." He whispered, his eyes were watering at this point. I put my hand on his shoulder and he started to cry.

"I fucking love you more than I love myself ." He cried.

"I love you too, Kurty." I whispered.

Kurt drove us home. Once we were there I got the mom talk from both Dave and Krist about how worried they were about me and being bombarded by questions about what happened.

"Hey Ruby?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"We're getting our furniture today." He said.

"Oh that's awesome" I smiled. I had now realized that Kurt looked incredibly tired. He had dark circles under his eyes.
"Kurty do you want to go lay down?" I asked.
"Yeah." He said quietly. "Can you come with me?" He added. I followed him upstairs. He sat on the blankets we had been sleeping on for the past week.

"You know I didn't sleep at all last night." He said. I looked down but sat beside him.
"Why?" I looked over at him. His eyes radiated sadness.
"Because I was worried." He said. He laid down on his back, he scooted closer to me.
"I'm sorry about earlier. I don't like fighting with you." He sighed. He grabbed my hand and held it.
"I'm sorry too. I am just angry that you didn't believe me." I said.
"I just get jealous." He exhaled.
"I know you do. We just talked. I slept on his couch." I smiled. He smiled back at me.
"That's good." He said sleepily.
"Have a good nap Kurty. I'll wake you up when the furniture gets here." I whispered. He smiled sleepily at my words.
"goodnight." He whispered back letting go of my hand. I walked out of our bedroom and shut the door.

Krist was singing horribly from the kitchen, laughing at himself. I found him and he hugged me.
"We were worried. Call next time." He said.
"I know you said that before." I rolled my eyes.
"Don't look at me like that missy." He said sternly.
"Okay mom." I laughed.