44

Kurt and I were laying in bed that night. My dog laying on the rug beside the bed and my head on Kurt's chest.
"Do you want a wedding?" I asked him.
"Do you?" He asked.
"No. I reject traditional marriages." I said. He nodded.
"I guess this is a good time." He said as he gently pushed me off of him. I sat on the bed in anticipation. He reached in the pocket of his jeans.
"I've been waiting for the right moment." He said. He was sitting across from me. He pulled out a small velvet box and opened it to reveal a simple band.
"I know you don't like those weird shiny diamond rings so I decided on this one. He pulled another one of my rings out of his pocket.
"I hope this one fits you well. He said as he placed it in my hand.
"Anyways all of this is aside of the point. Do you want to get married?" He asked.
"Yeah sure." I said. He put the ring on my hand and gave me a kiss.
"Rad." He said quietly. He put the box on his bedside table and he took off his jeans. I placed my rings on mine and laid back in bed with Kurt.
"I love you a lot." He said sappily.
"You too."

I woke up to spina bifida jumping on us. Why the hell Kurt would name his cat after a birth defect I did not know. Kurt smiled sleepily.
"Good morning." He said as he reached over to pet the cat. I nodded. I got up and checked on bean. She was sleeping soundly. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and made oatmeal. Then I brought it back upstairs and fed it to the baby. Kurt came in and smiled. Courtney would have the baby later today. Kurt had quit making music entirely for the moment. After the baby had eaten I held her for a bit. I went back into mine and Kurt's room and laid down with the baby.
"Do you want to have a shotgun wedding at the courthouse?" He asked. I laughed.
"Today?" I asked. He nodded.
"When Courtney has Frances." He said.
"Alright." I said. He got up.
"Hey babe I'm gonna go get the rings. Courtney will be here in like 20 minutes, alright?" I nodded and held bean to my side. Kurt put on his shoes. It seemed like right after he left Courtney was here. The doorbell rang and I took my time walking to the door. Bean rested her head on my shoulder. I opened the door to see Courtney and Billy Corgan. She grabbed her daughter and then hugged me.
"Have a good weekend."I said to her.
"You too." She said as they both waved. Kurt called me and told me to be at the court house in 30 minutes. I got dressed and left almost instantly and was there on time. He hugged me tightly. A judge married us and we were husband and wife. The whole process took only 15 minutes then we were bound together for life, or until a divorce. It was so surreal.