45

Kurt and I drove home separately as we had taken different cars. We arrived at the same time. He opened the door and picked me up as he shut the door.
"It's our wedding night." He said with a wink.
"Kurt it's like 5 pm." I laughed.
"It's night still." He laughed as he shushed me and carried me upstairs.
"You know how the Catholic Church preaches abstinence?" I said. He nodded.
"I've been following that forever." I said. He flashed his wedding ring.
"Are you forgetting that we're married?" He said in between neck kisses.
"Nope. I don't think I could." I giggled.

I laid on his bare chest as he smoked a cigarette.
"Have we just stopped caring?" I laughed. He nodded.
"I mean I own this house. We can do whatever we want to it. And if I want to smoke inside out of laziness I will." He laughed.
"What do you want to do for a honeymoon?" He asked.
"Stay in bed for 2 weeks straight." I said seriously.
"I agree." He laughed. And we fell asleep soon after. It was dark outside still. Spina Bifida was asleep by my knee. Blankets were wrapped around me. Now to figure out what had woken me. I turned on my bedside lamp, my dog was asleep on the floor but woke up at my movement. He was okay though, so I was too. I turned the light back off after I realized the soft sound of rain on the window. Thunder rolled and I placed Kurt's arm around me. He instinctually pulled me closer to him and I tried to fall asleep. After awhile I got out of bed quietly and put on Kurt's t shirt and walked into the hallway by our bedroom. I heard the turtles clunk around in the bathtub. I turned the hallway light on and went downstairs to the living room. I turned on the tv and sat there for a bit. I went into the kitchen and got some tea. For some reason I could not sleep. I checked the clock, 3 AM. The phone rang, oddly enough. I got up and grabbed the nearest phone.
"Hello." I said.
"Hi." I heard Billie Joe say.
"You do know it's like 3 am?" I asked.
"I know. I couldn't sleep and I thought I would give it a shot. I was thinking about you. You can go to sleep if you'd like." He said.
"I couldn't sleep either." I laughed.
"Halloween is in 3 days." He said.
"Kurt and I got married." I said.
"Oh shit really?" He said.
"Yeah." I laughed.
"Haven't you known him for like 2 months?" Billie Joe asked.
"No. Almost 3." I corrected.
"Still not very long." He said.
"I know. It was a shotgun wedding at a courthouse. It took like 20 minutes." I laughed.
"I doubt it's a mistake. You two go really well together." Billie Joe said quieter than before.
"Hey, I'm going to try to go to bed." He said.
"Goodnight."