30

There was a knock on the door. Kurt got up and opened it. Two blonde women stepped in and he hugged them both.
"This is my mom." He said pointing to the older woman. She smiled and waved.

"And this is my sister, Kim." She went in for a hug and I hugged her back.

"Hello." I smiled. They seemed kind. Kurt looked just like his mother.

"I personally am very tired."Kurt's mother said.

"You can sleep in my room. It's the first one." He said.

"Thanks." Kurt's mother said kindly.

"Hey Kurt?' Kim asked as soon as their mother was gone.

"Yeah?" he replied. He seemed so comfortable around her, more than Courtney or me or his band mates.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"You're welcome to stay. If Kurt likes you I like you." She started.

"Okay, when I tell you this you have to promise that you won't tell mom." She said and Kurt nodded. She paused for a moment.

"I like girls." She stated.

"I know." He said and smiled at her

"Wait how?"She smiled knowing he was okay with it.

"I don't know, I just have a sense." He smiled.

"I love you still. I don't think of you any differently. I don't know if mom will feel the same way but you'll always have me. Because I'm your big brother, and as long as I am breathing you're stuck with me."He smiled and hugged his sister.

"Okay, well I'm starved." She said. Kurt pointed at the kitchen.

"I don't remember if Krist went grocery shopping but he may have." Kurt said. Kim got up and went into the kitchen. Kurt put his arm around my shoulder and grabbed the TV remote. He kissed my cheek and held onto me.

"Why are you being so affectionate today?" I asked.

"Because I feel like I don't show you enough love." he said. I nodded and kissed his cheek back. Kim came back into the living room with an apple and sat next to Kurt.

"So, how have you been?" Kim asked.

"Alright." He said.

"Who exactly is she?" Kim asked.

"Her name is Ruby." He smiled.

"No, I mean like, what is she to you? It seems a bit early to be over Courtney." She said.

"It's been months." Kurt said.

"I'm just a friend." I added in. Kurt sunk down in his seat and he changed.

"Yeah, just a friend." He repeated sadly.

"So anyways.." Kim said noticing the discomfort that came out of her last question. Kurt got up and went into the kitchen, he came back with a beer. He sat down where he was before and held me close to him. He focused his attention on the TV and we all stayed silent for a few hours until Kurt's mother woke up.

"Would you like to go for dinner?" Kurt's mother asked.We all agreed on going to a chain steakhouse. Kim and sat in the back seat having a casual conversation about our pets. Kurt and his mother took part in uncomfortable silence. That silence took over everyone and once we got to the restaurant, we were uncomfortably silent there too. Once we had finished with dinner we were all in the car.

"You can go look at the tourist spots in my car if you'd like, Ruby and are going to stay home and sleep. " He said as we pulled out of the parking lot and made our way back home.

"Alright, that sounds fun." Kurt's mother said. We drove quietly until we got back to our apartment building. Kurt gave his mother his car key and we went inside. Kurt shut the door behind us.
"I love them, but i can't stand my mother." He laughed. We set up the couch for when they'd get home and decided to sleep.

We went into his bedroom and undressed, I got into bed and moments later Kurt joined me. We curled up together and soon fell asleep.

"Goodnight Ruby."

"Goodnight Kurt."

***Very long story but I MAY HAVE, I repeat, MAY HAVE, dropped my phone in the sink while I was doing dishes. such a lame way to waste $500. Anyways I'm updating from my laptop so if there are any mistakes that is because lack of autocorrect. Also I took a look at my demographics and i find it surprising to say that like 8% of my readers on this story are middle aged. Also shoutout to the 2% of male viewers I have, Also I didn't realize just how far my work is getting, I have viewers in Europe and Australia and so many more places and that's just surreal.****