57

The kids just wanted to dance. They were fucked up on listerine, they smoked anything they got their hands on, loved anyone they got their lips on. River worriedly stayed by my side and only had one drink just incase anything happened. We walked into the basement being happily led by the host of the party. People were hanging out all around, they were speaking no language in particular. Everyone seemed to be from somewhere different. There were different accents and different languages.  It was one of the best experiences I had had in my lifetime. All thanks to River. My heart sank as I saw a blond haired guy with a girl on his lap. I pulled river with me so we could get a closer look.

My suspicions were correct. My husband was sitting happily with a hot blond girl on his lap. I looked over at River. He looked furious. I grabbed him by the back of his flannel as he tried to storm over to Kurt.
"I'll confront him later. I wanna go back to the hotel." I said. River nodded, he grabbed my hand as we walked up the stairs of the basement. We went out the front door and walked back to our hotel.

We had an awkward elevator ride. There was a woman with a small child and River smelled like beer. Once we had gotten to our floor Rio stopped me.
"I need some time to think." I sighed. He nodded and unlocked his room door.
"I'm here if you need me." He said he stopped for a moment noticing I was still standing there. He quickly walked over.
"If I don't see you for the rest of the night, sleep well." He smiled and hugged me. He kissed my forehead as he walked into his room. I unlocked my door, noticing I had the key, I locked it. I smiled, knowing I had the option to leave Kurt outside for the night. I turned on the light to see the room. I turned on the TV to the English news channel and grabbed my cigarettes out of my bag and opened the blinds to the balcony. I opened the door and stepped out. The November air was cool, and the lights in Paris were on in every building, lighting up every street. The city of romance.