25

Billie Joe brought me back to the apartment Kurt and I lived in. River insisted on tagging along. We brought in my bags and I petted my dog. Billie Joe was out of the room when River sat beside me on the couch.
"I'm sorry." He said as he grabbed my arm.
"It's fine. " I said as I looked down.
"I don't understand what I did wrong but I'm sorry." He sighed.
"I don't know, I got all pissed off because you wanted to hang out with Kurt after how he treated me." River hugged me and held me until Billie Joe got back.
"Am I interrupting something?" Billie Joe asked.
"No." River laughed.

After a few hours of watching tv a key turned in the lock. It was Krist and Dave and the baby.
"We'll be able to take Kurt home tomorrow. I took your bandmate's back to your hotel room." Krist said to us. He handed me the baby and then went upstairs. River took her from me and held her. She looked like she was about to fall asleep.
"Wanna go put her to bed?" He asked. Billie Joe walked past us and opened the door.
"Bye." He said quietly as to not wake the baby. I waved.
"You can." I said. He got up and returned without the baby.
"So what do you wanna do?" He asked.
"Sleep." I said.
"Me too." He agreed. I went upstairs and got River a blanket and pillow. I threw it at him.
"You're welcome." I said
"Thanks." He laughed. Remembering what happened in Kurt's bed before, I found myself in Krist's room.

"Krist?" I whispered.
"Yeah?" He asked sleepily.
"Can I sleep in here?" I asked.
"Sure." He whispered. I curled up on the other side of his bed and quickly fell asleep. The next time I opened my eyes it was to an empty bed, which was unusual, as Krist was a late sleeper. I rose slowly. I was wearing what I wore yesterday. Krist's door was open a bit. I got out of bed and opened it further.
"Good morning!" River said from the end of the hallway.
"Hello?"I said. I walked out into the living room. Dave and Krist were already awake.
"Welcome to the club." Dave said playfully.
"Thanks."

"I wanna go see Kurt now." I said.
"We should be able to bring him home." Krist said.
"I'll stay here with the baby." River said uncomfortably.
"Okay." Dave said. I put on my shoes and the three of us went to the hospital.

Press was swarming.
"Dave Grohl!" A reporter shouted.
"Is there any word on Kurt?" Another asked.
"May we have a photo?" Another asked.
"I would take a photo of you but I left my camera at home." I said sarcastically. After much shoving we found ourselves inside.
"Here for Kurt Cobain." Dave said to the secretary.
"Where you saw him last." She said monotonously. We went back to his room. When he saw us he didn't say hello.

"Where is my baby?" He asked.
"She's at home with River." I said. He looked relieved.
"Okay."

****if you need trigger warnings for absolutely everything please just stop reading. It's about Nirvana, there is going to be sadness and drugs and suicide attempts. That was Kurt Cobain, you know what you're getting yourself into, I refuse to sugarcoat his life.****