9

I went outside to take a smoke break and Kurt soon followed me.
"We can go home now if you'd like." He said. He didn't seem as happy anymore.
"Okay." I said making my way to his car.
"Can I have a drag?" He asked. I handed him my cigarette and he inhaled then gave it back. He unlocked his car and I got in, he fiddled with the radio and then drove off.

"Did my bandmates make you uncomfortable?" He broke the silence.
"No I love Krist and Dave. They're great, I just, don't know about the other band." I sighed.
"Oh I see." He said coldly. I stayed silent for the remainder of the trip home. I approached my apartment building and Kurt followed behind, the dog was on the couch, I had told my neighbor to look after him. Kurt's kitten was on the back of a chair. I went into my room and laid down. Kurt was flicking through tv channels.

"Hey Ruby?" He asked. I got up and stood in my bedroom door way. He motioned to me that I should sit by him, so I did.
"I'm going to just be straight to the point. The label said we had to move to LA." He said. There was an overtone of anger so I didn't even think about asking if I could go with.
"When?" I asked quietly.
"Next month." He avoided eye contact.
"Okay." I whispered. I returned to my bedroom this time closing the door, and I laid in bed and cried. I cried for almost an hour. And then I fell asleep.

I woke up alone. The sun was shining in through my window, I looked at my watch, 8:45. At first I panicked, I haven't been to work in like 3 days. Then I decided I was too depressed to go, so I sat laying in bed for another hour. I figured Kurt had left and gone to stay with someone else, but I looked outside and his car was there. I opened my door to see him laying on the couch. His eyes were open but they had bags under them.

"Kurty have you slept?" I asked worriedly. He was watching a civil war tape. I walked over and sat by him on the floor. He looked at me and gulped.
"I couldn't sleep. I was temporarily an insomniac. I hate the fact that I made you cry. This morning I asked if you could come with us, and their only condition was that we had to pay for your seat on the plane. I don't know that you want to uproot your life just to be with me after I made you cry, but the option is there." He was almost in tears himself.
"Kurty you didn't make me cry." I whispered and put my hand on his face.
"I didn't? It sure seems like it." He looked sad. A kitten emerged from under his blanket and I held it in my free hand.
"You led me to the breaking point of crying but there were so many collective issues. Please don't feel bad because I cried." He looked into my eyes and grasped my hand with his. We sat like that until he began dozing off.
"Come on," I whispered.
"Let's get you into bed." I sighed. He got up and we went into my room and laid down on my bed. He got under the blankets and sleepily looked over at me.
"Are you gonna stay?" He whispered with a raspy voice.
"No, I'll be here though." I whispered back.
"Sleep well, Kurty."
"Have a good day."