43

Kurt decided to buy a house in Washington. It was large, built in the early 1900's. It was near a park and had a beautiful greenhouse. Kurt and I moved out of the apartment we shared with Dave and Krist and back to Seattle. Where they followed to be near us. I threw a frisbee to my dog and he caught it. He brought it back to me and I threw it yet again. A few little kids were on the other side of the weird iron fence. A kid was on the ground with a bike. I looked at the house and saw Kurt watching me through a window. I walked down the hill of our yard and through the gate. I met the children on the sidewalk by the wall of our house.
"Hey lady." A little girl said. There was a boy with a scraped elbow. He was crying. The kids were about 8.
"Where are your parents?" I asked as I picked the kid up so he stood on his feet. I grabbed his bike.
"Does your cut hurt?" I asked. He shook his head.
"My mom's at home." He said.
"Okay. When you get home make sure your mom cleans it." I said. He nodded and the children were on their way. I retreated back onto our property and called my dog as we went inside. It was comfortably messy. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed as long as we had lived there. There were medical books and baby bottles filled with curdled milk, it wasn't great. Kurt was in Bean's room from what I knew. I saw him in the window there. I shut the door behind me.  I walked upstairs to the living room and sat down. The coffee table had a cup that was half filled with orange juice, nail clippings, and pieces of newspaper. Comfortably chaotic more like. I turned on tv and flipped through channels. Kurt quietly came in.
"Halloween is in a few days." He smiled.
"My favorite holiday." I said. My hair had faded from when Billie Joe had helped me dye it a month prior. My dark roots pushed out from my scalp disrupting the reddish bleach blonde that was there prior. River had come to visit a week before. It was awkward as I knew how he felt about me. He had to suppress it. We hadn't seen the guys from green day in awhile. They were working on a new record from what I had known.

"What do you want to do for Halloween?" He asked.
"Nothing." I said. It's amazing how a few weeks before that Kurt was going to leave for tour and I was going to be alone. But at that moment we had enough, which was everything. The house was dusty and dimly lit and Kurt had turtles in one of the bathtubs. It was weird. Kurt had a study in which he spent most of his time. Reading, writing, training to be a recluse. We had hired a nanny but let her go just a week after, as we could take care of bean ourselves, well, I could. Kurt was slowly becoming more and more unstable. His attitude towards life becoming dimmer.
"Sometimes I think they want me to die. It'd be the tragic rockstar story." He said. I sat with him in his study often. Observing the world through a window. Bean's room was painted bright green. Kurt picked it out, it was sickeningly happy, which he adored. Kurt had nearly full custody of the baby, Courtney saw her on the weekends and alternating holidays.

Kurt and I sat in his study for awhile. He looked over at me occasionally.
"Do you ever want to get married?" He asked me. I nodded.
"Yeah. Soon." I said. 
"Yeah. We're getting old." I laughed.
"You're 25." He laughed.
"Do you want another baby?" I asked him. He nodded.
"Me too." I said. He smiled.
"I think this will we good." He said. I heard bean crying on the baby monitor and went to her room. She was lying in her crib. I picked her up and held her for a few moments. I brought her back to Kurt's study.  I laid on the carpet and held bean to my chest. Kurt smiled.
"You're so good with kids." He said.
"Thanks." I smiled.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." I said. He pulled out a camera and took a picture of bean and I.
"What was that for?" I laughed.
"You two looked really cute."