8

I awoke to the smell of pancakes. Kurt had a protective arm over me, I couldn't get up without waking him up.
"Come on Billie! Gotta get up!" A man with a light voice said, with the accompaniment of bouncing springs of a mattress through the wall.
"Tre calm down." Another man said quietly, "Let Billie sleep, go see what's for breakfast, or bother someone else." A door opened and shut after that. Our door opened and the man with the light voice came in.
"Hi!" He said happily.
"I see that you're a morning person." I whispered. I felt so groggy.
"He's gonna have a hang over from last night." The man said.
"Who?" I asked, I was really confused and sleepy, obviously.
"Your boyfriend." He pointed at Kurt.
"Oh he's not my boyfriend. We're just really good friends.
"I see I see." He said, rubbing his chin and seeming mock suspicious. He laughed and ran over and started jumping on the bed.
"You gotta wake up! Wake up sleepy head wake up!" Kurt groaned as he woke up quickly. Tre ran over and opened the curtains and Kurt hid his face.
"Krist!" I yelled. He came running. He grabbed the top of the doorway and stood there.
"What?" He asked.
"There's a maniac in your room and Kurt is hungover." I laughed getting up. Kurt rolled over and hid his eyes from the light in a pillow.
"Okay got it. Can you and Tre finish breakfast?" He asked.
"Yeah I've got it." I laughed.
Krist went over and shut the curtains. I walked out of the door and Tre followed shutting the door. He opened the door to reveal a sleeping man and a guy reading a book in a chair.
"Mike come on." He whispered loudly.
"Why?" Mike asked.
"We need help with breakfast." Tre whispered loudly again. Mike got up and came into the hallway, shutting the door behind him. He walked into the kitchen assessing what Krist had already made, enough pancakes to feed the US army and their allies and a bottle of orange juice was out. There was also a carton of eggs.
"Do you know where anything is?" Mike asked me.
"Yeah what do you need?"
"A frying pan and some butter, and also a spatula." He said. I gathered what he needed from around the kitchen and set it on the counter. I found Tre on the couch watching tv with a sleeping Dave. I sat beside him careful not the crush the curled up drummer.
"What is this?" I asked.
"Some movie." He said putting his arm around me. I nodded and laid down curling up against Dave to avoid Tre's arm.
A loud yawn came from in front of me and he rolled over revealing his wide brown eyes that softened as he realized who it was.
"Good morning." I laughed. He got up and went into the kitchen and I was alone with Tre yet again. Krist and Kurt came through the hallway groggily. Another door opened and another guy came through the hallway.
"Yknow you can be quieter in the morning." He sighed. Everyone was in the kitchen but Tre and I, but I was planning on changing that. I got up and headed to the kitchen. Mike was finishing up breakfast and Kurt and Dave were slow dancing for whatever reason.
"Oh hey it's Ruby." Kurt smiled and came over to twirl me. I laughed and he seemed happy.
"Breakfast is almost ready." Mike said. Krist got plates and syrup from the cabinets. I waited for everyone to get what they wanted and saw what was left, a single pancake.
"Hey Kurt?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He looked up at me.
"When do you wanna go home?" I asked. I gave him the 'I'm uncomfortable let's get the hell out of here' look. He nodded while chewing.
"We should go after I eat." He said.