17

We got out of the airport at about 8 pm. After getting our bags and finding the exit in the giant place. We got picked up by someone from the record label. They drove us to the apartment we'd be living in. The drive was quiet. The guy driving us was probably in shock that he was in a car with Nirvana. Krist was elbowing my ribcage and I was stuck in the middle of him and Dave. Kurt got the front seat for whatever reason. We pulled up to a large apartment complex.

"Here we are." The man that was driving said. Dave got out of his side. The man that was driving opened the trunk of the car and let us get our bags. He walked us inside and helped us find where we would be living. He had a key. He opened the door and then gave Kurt the key.
"Welcome home. If you need anything my number is on the kitchen counter along with the phone book."
"Thanks." Kurt spoke up.
"Not a problem." The man said, leaving. We walked inside. It was empty. I explored.

There were 3 small bedrooms. All of the rooms had white walls and wood floors. It was all empty.

"We should go celebrate." Krist said.
"I am not going out drinking." I laughed.
"You're, what, 24 years old?" He laughed. It was mid October. I met Kurt in august, or September. And now months later, I am in Los Angeles living with him.
"Yes I'm 24."
"Have some fun, you're gonna get old and regret it." He said.
"You can, Ruby and I are going to stay here." Kurt said.
"Okay." Dave said.
"Yeah let's go, Dave." Krist said meanly, but as a joke.
"Love you guys!" Dave yelled while he was half way out the door.
"Bye!" Kurt yelled back from the kitchen. I laughed. I went into the bedroom Kurt and I had picked and sat my bags down. Kurt followed me with a bottle of water.
"Where did that come from?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Do we have any blankets?" I asked.
"Yeah they're in a bag in the living room." He said. I got up and went to the living room. I got a few blankets. I came back and laid them on the floor for Kurt and I to sleep on. I left one off.
"We didn't bring any pillows." Kurt laughed.
"It's only a few days. I can use you as a pillow." I smiled.
"And what am I going to use."
"The dog, or Dave." I said.
"Speaking of the dog I am going to let him out of his cage." Kurt went to go get my dog. My dog came back and Kurt did too.
"Hey I'm gonna go somewhere." Kurt said. I looked over at him confused.
"I don't wanna stay alone." I whispered pathetically.
"I won't be long." He said.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"Somewhere." He replied and walked out.
"Bye." I whispered. After he was gone, I remembered that he had given Krist the key. I was mad, so I locked the door and went to sleep.

When I woke up Kurt was beside me. He was either asleep or incredibly fucked up. The box was to his side. he was on his back with his arms behind his head. His shirt was off. He was breathing shallow but steadily. I put my hand on his chest. He woke up, kind of. His eyes opened and he smiled sleepily. I felt like crying. I pushed my face into his side and he played with my hair a bit. And I started crying. He didn't respond. I guessed that he fell asleep. I got up out of his grasp and looked in the other rooms. One was Krist and one was Dave. I went into Krist's room. He was asleep on on his side. He was probably hungover but I didn't care. I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. He was laying on a blanket too, I laid beside him. He woke up and looked at me funny.
"What's wrong?" He asked. It was about 6 am, too early. I sighed.
"Can I be serious?" I asked.
"Sure." He said groggily, he was waking up.
"Kurt is on drugs." I said.
"What kind?" He asked.
"Heroin, I think." I whispered.
"We've been friends since high school. I would have never expected that." He sighed.
"Go back to sleep." I said getting up and returning to my room.