60

I heard River talking.
"I am beyond angry with you. You hurt her so bad." He said. Kurt. I played asleep. My back was to them.
"I know. I feel so terrible. I ruined our family, I ruined her only family." He spoke softly.
"She's pregnant with your child and you cheat on her." River said.
"How far did you go with that other girl?" River asked him.
"Just a blowjob." He said.
"Just!" River said loudly.
"You think it's okay JUST because you didn't fuck her?" He asked.
"It's not okay. It's the worst decision I have made in my lifetime. I'm just so fucking scared that she hates me and I won't be able to be apart of my kid's life. Courtney is probably already gonna take my rights away when it comes to Frances." He said sadly.

"You fucked up." River said coldly.
"I know. I was drunk." He said.
"I know you were, man." Rio said. Kurt sighed.
"Do you want to go get breakfast in the lobby?" Rio asked.
"Yeah, let's wake up Ruby." Kurt said. Rio jumped onto the bed beside me and playfully shook me. I rolled over, acting as if he had woken me up. River looked at me knowingly as Kurt looked away. Kurt was sitting awkwardly in a chair. He gave a gentle wave. I sat up.

"Want to go get breakfast?" Kurt asked. I nodded and got up. I put on my shoes. River smoothed out my hair and kissed my forehead, right in front of Kurt. Kurt had a pained expression on his face as we walked out of River's room and to the elevator. I grabbed Kurt's left arm and traced his K records tattoo with my finger. He smiled.

We reached the first level. I got a simple bowl of cereal while they made themselves waffles from pre-made batter. They sat down a few moments later.
"I'm going to be gone today for filming." River said.
"Can you tell us about the movie?" Kurt asked. He shook his head.
"Top secret." He smiled.
"Hey Ruby, wanna go hang out with me later?" Kurt asked. I shook my head.
"No thanks." I frowned. Kurt looked away sadly. It really sunk in for him in that moment. Rio looked over at me and then to Kurt. He gave me a sympathetic look. After he had finished eating he gave me a tight hug.
"I'll be back about 7." He said and kissed my forehead.
"Kurt can I have the key to our room?" I asked him. He nodded and fished in his pocket, he finally found it and handed it to me. I threw away my trash and waited for the elevator. And older couple came out smiling. I would never have that.

I sighed and was about to hit the button when I saw Kurt running towards the elevator. He got in right before the door closed. I pressed our button as he held onto me. The elevator doors opened a few stories above to a man who's glasses lenses were thicker than Reagan's skull. Kurt hugged onto me even after we got out of the elevator. I unlocked the door to our room and laid on the bed. Kurt sat down beside me.

"I was awake this morning when you were talking to Rio." I sighed. He looked down, disappointed in himself.
"No words could describe how sorry I am."  He said quietly. I nodded.
"That doesn't change shit." I said coldly. 
"It's so unlike you to do something so immoral." I said to him.
"I know it is." He said. He got up and opened the blinds. He walked out the glass doors and shut them. He lit a cigarette. I grabbed our camera and took a photo, my husband on a rainy day, a cigarette in hand, overlooking Paris. He was gorgeous. In that moment I had made my decision. As the photo developed in the sunlight I peeked my head outside. He looked over while taking a drag of his cigarette.
"I forgive you." I said in a flat tone. I then shut the door and went inside. I curled up in bed. A few moments later Kurt was beside me with his hand on my stomach.
"I love you." He smiled. I stayed silent. I couldn't say it.