72

River's hair was long like Kurt's was before he let me cut it. We stood in the middle of the airport hugging. Bean was in a stroller beside us.
"River Phoenix!" A reporter shouted. They closed in on us.
"Is the Kurt and Ruby thing over!?"
"Have you moved on with River!?"
"Are you two dating!?" They swarmed. River grabbed Frances out of her stroller and kissed her cheek.
"Meet my new girlfriend, Frances." He laughed. Cameras flashed. He grabbed my wrist and led me away from the mass of cameras and nosy wannabe Hollywood insiders. We made it to my car without dying. River handed me Frances as he folded up the stroller and put it in the back of the car.
"You didn't have to do that." I smiled as he sat in the passenger seat. I buckled bean into her car seat.

"So how have you been?" He asked. He had flown out from Florida from his family's house to come hang out with me.
"I've been surviving." I sighed. He reached his arm over so his hand was on my shoulder, the cool metal of his ring resting against the warm skin of my neck.
"It's a lot colder up here compared to Florida." He laughed.
"I would assume. It gets wicked cold up here."

We were home soon, it was about time for dinner.
"Let me take care of dinner." He said.
"You don't have to."
"I want to. Now give me your keys and directions to a grocery store." He laughed.  I did, it was for the best, as I had no clue how to cook for a vegan. Frances laid on my chest as we watched television. The front door opened half an hour later and River dragged grocery bags up the stairs, enough vegan friendly food to last him the weeks that he would be staying. He rustled around in the kitchen and came out with a soup. He handed me a bowl. Frances grabbed at the spoon. I filled it with a tiny bit and scooped it into her tiny little mouth. She bounced around excitedly.
"Well the baby likes it." He smiled. I pulled the spoon up to my mouth.
"It's a mixture of vegetable soups in a carton. I hope you don't mind." He laughed. I shook my head.
"It's pretty good."

We put Bean to bed after giving her a bottle. Rio sat on one side of the couch, we watched some movie that I was not interested in.
"I'm gonna go to bed." I informed him.
"Where am I going to sleep?" He asked.
"You can sleep upstairs with me." I smiled. He nodded.

I curled up in Kurt and I's bed, I placed a pillow in the middle, so when Rio did come to bed we would be separated. I quickly fell asleep.