Secrets(15)

*sometime ago*
Alonso

Opening my eyes I tried keeping my breathing as slow and easy as possible

Opening my eyes I tried keeping my breathing as slow and easy as possible. The beeping of the heart monitor made my head throb as I looked around trying to get how I got here. Last thing I remember is sitting in a meeting for a new investment.

"Your up good I um have something to share with you?" My doctor came in standing next to my bed.

"What happened?"

"You had a heart attack. Your blood pressure and heart rate are out of this world has anything changed lately?"

"No I've just been working. I don't have the stress of my bitch family over my shoulder now so I can really do my job:"

He shook his head looking at his clipboard. "You don't even know the damage your doing to your body do you? You need to relax take time off be around family not away from them. Keeping up what your doing will only lead to a quick trip in that closed bed and I know you don't want that. Have you been taking those pills I have you from your last attack?"

"No I forget to a lot and sometimes I just don't want to it's a waste of my time." I sat up more grabbing the cup of water on my side.

"Alonso this isn't good for your body it's not as well as you think."

*present*

Everyone's eyes were on me. I hoped Mona would forget about that day. After that visit to my doctor I've started looking at life different. To much time was spent being a controlling ignorant asshole and now is time to make up for that.

"Please give me a reason not to knock you out on my floor that does not have to do with my fiancé being you daughter." Chris started towards me just before Camila stood in front of him.

"Baby don't."

"Wait fiancé? Your getting married?" I spot the diamond ring on her left hand.

"Yes dad sometime in June were planning right now." She smiled rubbing on Chris chest just like Abella use to do with me.

I caught her looking at me.

"Hello we not done with this other shit! My daughter is scared you will put your hands on my girl."

"Yes I know it was a long time ago but I have no real excuse." I said hands up surrendering. "She caught me in the lies I was telling."

"He apologized for everything earlier today it's all good." She held his face kissing his cheek. "Relax let's go see if Mona is ok."