A Special Day(59)

Abella

It was going on midnight

It was going on midnight. The kids were sleeping while their parents and the others went out. I was more than happy to stay with my grand kids I love being with these little ones. Just my luck Alonso decided to stay in to something about being tired.

I was watching some talk show when knocking came from my door. Putting on my robe I got up to answer it. "What can I do for you Alonso?"

"Would you like to have a glass with me. Sort of a celebration of our youngest child getting married in the morning." He smiled holding a bottle of wince and two glasses.

"Uh I guess it won't hurt."

He took my hand leading the way to the living area. "Did you enjoy seeing our girl on that stage tonight?" He hands me a glass of the white wine.

"Yes she looked flawless. We did good with her...it might've had a little bump but we still did a great job." I took a sip nodding at the sweet and tart taste.

"Yeah both our girls grew up to be beautiful young ladies. I'm glad they have you as an example." He smiled raising his glass to me.

"Thank you. When you weren't being a controlling ass....I'm sure the girls appreciated you being around." He chuckled. "So um...how's your son?"

He smirked. "He's fine Abella a great kid actually."

"I bet....his mother was nice. At lease that's what I use to think."

"Do I still need to apologize?"

"No it's still amusing to me but I'm slowly coming to just live with it." I sigh taking back the rest of the glass filling it again.

"I know I'm still getting use to it myself. I always wanted to have a son but you know kind of expected you to give me that. He'd have my dashing good looks with your brains and kind heart." He gushed moving over.

"Yes oh what could've been." I shrug. "Well this was nice...goodnight."

"Wait Abella can I uh run something by you?" He caught me mid walk. "You know I love you right?"

That....caught me by surprise. "Uh I guess."

"You might not feel the same anymore but my feelings for you have never changed. I might've had a funny way of showing it but that was only because I was a guilty cheating dog who knew I had betrayed your love and trust."

He was now in front of me holding both my hands. "Alonso-"

"Living without you is a nightmare. I want to feel whole again and only you can give me that feeling. Baby I miss you."

My heart was racing as his hand laid on my cheek inching closer.

"I just need one more chance. Abella please."