Damn Son(40)

Alonso

*month ago*I've read over this letter time after time

*month ago*
I've read over this letter time after time. Melissa...dead? Me...a son!? I can't believe this shit. They say what's done in the dark comes to light and I should've listened. How am I gonna explain this to the others? Should I even meet the kid I mean it's not like I can teach him anything. From the pictures she sent he's a grown as man by now. What can me being in his life now do?

This is just some crazy shit. What am gonna do? Getting up from my home office desk and heading to my mini bar I pour a glass of brown liquid. Taking that glass back and pouring another and then another. I guess the right thing to do would be to at lease meet him. Maybe give some condolence some his mother did just pass. Melissa did leave ways to contact him meaning that's what she wanted to happen from this letter.

Picking up my phone I slowly dial the number. My heart raced as it rings. It picks up with a short pause. "Hello?" A female voice says.

Clearing my throat I sit up more in my chair. "Hey uh is Alexander Santos there?"

"Depends on who's calling." She mumbled into the phone.

"Well uh my name is Alonso Cisneros..."

A long pause went from both our ends. The last time my heart was beating this fast I was watching Abrelle walk down the aisle. Damn that just hit me....she is gonna kill me.

"Did you say....Alonso Cisneros?"

"Yes-"

"Oh please hold. Baby come get the phone...hurry!!"

Loosening my tie I take back another glass before a male voice comes through. "Hello?"

"Alex?"

"Yes...your Alonso Cisneros....my father?"

"It looks so. I uh got a letter a while ago and just now gained up the courage to make an effort to reach out to you."

"Yeah I've been trying to get to you and but its hard getting in contact with someone big." He chuckled on the other end. "So um I don't really know how this works."

"Same here but I do want to meet you so uh why don't I fly you and your girlfriend I think that was out here, put you in a nice hotel if your not comfortable with being at my house just yet and just get to know each other." I offer now walking around.

"That sounds very generous of you. I uh I think that sounds nice and we can just crash at your place."

"Great that's great I would really like you to meet my daughters."

"Yeah don't think I'm a creep but I googled you and found out a dancer named Camila is your daughter. My girlfriend is a really big fan of hers. I actually scheduled a dancer class at the Swizz academy to secretly meet her."

"Ok that sounds like a plan but I still want to do something for you all to meet properly. You just give me a date I'll get the tickets and have you out here."