Vacation (43 pt3)

Alex

Rubbing my eyes yawning I walk down the stairs

Rubbing my eyes yawning I walk down the stairs. Dad got me up before the damn world for who knows what.

"He got you up to huh?" Isabel chuckled carrying two mugs in her hand. "We in here."

Following I see Camilla curled up sleeping in a chair. Sitting next to Isabel I put up my hoodie slouching down.

"Good you guys are here I'm sorry to wake you so early but I couldn't sleep and I uh...well here." He came in looking pretty rough handing us all envelopes.

"What are these?" Camila asked.

"They are copies of my will with a special individual message for each of you." He sat in front of us all smiling.

"Dad what's up with this?" I said trying to open it.

"No no don't open it yet. As you all know I've been having some heart problems and just feel that I don't have much time left with you all. Alex and I just met and it sucks all this is happening but that's life for ya." He chuckled sniffing clearing his throat

"I didn't know your problems were this serious. Have you talked to specialist and some other doctored or something to help you?" Isabel said tearing up. "You....you can't leave us daddy."

"Trust me sweetheart I don't want to and just continue to prey I last as long as possible but-"

"No but you will. You have to see all the kids grow up and teach them things and....and....I won't allow you to die I swear if you think your just gonna come back into my life being all happy and changed then leave you've got another fucking thing coming!" Camila yelled throwing her envelope. "We spent most of the time arguing we got things together now...we have an actual and healthy father-daughter relationship. You can't leave."

It was like a tear gas bomb went off. Both girls ran over to him hugging him. I kind of sat back awkwardly. We just met having even got the chance to create a relationship like I always imagined having with my father.

"Losing my mom was tough...she was all I had. I guess I just wasn't meant to have family."

"What?"

Damn...I said that out loud.

"Look Alex I know this is a little harder with you being losing your mom not to long ago and us just meeting but please don't feel like you have to disappear." Alonso stood coming over. "My family is your family and we stick together. Even if we go through something as you can see from me being in the same house as my ex wife and daughters who I didn't always treat the best."

"Yeah I've always wanted a brother so there no way your gonna go back home like we don't exist." Camila punched my arm then hugged me tight. "So is all that the real reason you wanted to do this family trip?"

"Yeah I don't want you guys to only remember me as the controlling father or the father you never knew. I'm proud of all of you for just simply being great kids. I'm happy to have all of you especially right now."