More Trouble(16)

Camila

I'm meeting with my father today

I'm meeting with my father today. He text me asking since he didn't get to the real reason he came over that other day. Mona is being dragged along against her will so he can apologize for the incident. Chris is going over some last minute things for his little show off weekend at the academy.

I dressed both my babies warm for the chills outside snapping quick pictures because that's what stay at home moms do. The small amount of times I do leave the house I like to dress them super cute in case the next time we leave its no longer winter.

"Mommy I don't want to see grandpa." Mona pouts after we took a few pictures. "He's mean."

"Not anymore your to young to be having beef with you family. Just suck it up." I pick up Maurice car seat.

"Fine but daddy said I can hit him if he pushes you again."

"No daddy was wrong you can not hit him. I swear he doesn't do much good with you." I strap them both in tight.

I decided for us to go to IHOP since its Mona favorite thinking it'll make her act right. But then again she is Chris child. As I'm driving Maurice starts crying.

"Mona get his bottle out the dip at bag and hold it in his mouth for him."

"He can't hold it my arm gets tired?" She whined.

"Don't be lazy and just the bottle Mona." I look back quickly to make sure she's doing what u said.

Hearing his crying get quiet I went on the drive. By the time we got to IHOP he was asleep. Dad was already here so we went straight to his table. He took the car seat smiling at Maurice. "He's a handsome one gonna be a real lady killer I can already tell."

"My brother won't hurt ladies like you." Mona grilled him the same exact way Chris does.

I was going to say something but dad got to her first. "Sweetheart I wanna apologize for doing what I did to your mommy. It wasn't right I know that and it will never ever ever happen again." He was down on one knee so they were at eye level....sorta. "Is there anyway I can get your approval?"

"I don't know."

"Ok tell you what we'll start with you having whatever you want from here then later when you think of something you can tell me.....how does that sound?"

She smiled running in his arms. They sat as the waiter came by and just like he said she got whatever she wanted.

"So dad what's this news you wanted to tell me that is the reason we're here."

"Oh right I wanted to invite everyone to a charity ball I'm co hosting tomorrow night. It's for a group who deal with those with heart illnesses."

"That's great dad I'm sure after a little kissing up Chris would like to come with me." The waiter brings our drinks. "Are you inviting mom and her boyfriend?"