Chapter Seven

That ladies and gentlemen, is coach Vanessa, what a beauty, but she could kick you ass in ten seconds so don't push your luck.

Dustin

I groaned before knocking on the door "come in." i opened the door and went inside to see the principle, coach and Mike standing there with his parents.

"Have a seat Dustin." i rolled my eyes and dropped down in the chair that was in the middle of the room.

"Are you kidding me, what are you five that you have to bring your parents into this?" i chuckled and he looked me up and down.

"Dustin this is no joke, you dislocated his shoulder." the principle said fixing her glasses.

"It was an accident, things tend to happen when you play football."

"That is not what happened and you know it!" Mike said stepping forward.

"Okay boys stop, Dustin Mike's shoulder got dislocated right after he knocked you out."

"Like i said, things happen, he just happened to have the ball and i went after it, isn't that what you're supposed to do?"

"Some of the other players said it was planned." coach said from behind me.

"Well those players are just looking for trouble where there is none."

"You purposely did this to me."

I rolled my eyes "look do you have any proof, cause i would seriously like to see it." there was nothing but silence "that's what i thought, now unless i'm in trouble, i got classes to go to."

"Speaking of which, where were you this morning." the principle asked me.

"I had some stuff come up that i needed to take care of."

"Care to explain?"

"No."

"Okay you can head off to class."

--

I spun and kicked the punching bag, today was gym day and this was my favorite thing to do, i threw a few punches at the bag and i could see everyone watching me , i stopped and turned to someone.

"Did you leave something on me?!" they all turned back to their own exercises "thought so."

I punched into the bag and kicked it, moving as fast as i could, i had been doing this for an hour and i wasn't getting tired, my anger plus all those burritos i ate really helped me to keep going. coach came into view and just looked me up and down.

"What?" i said gritting my teeth to keep my voice down.

"You seem tense, take a break, go and cool off." i rolled my eyes and took off my gloves before going outside.

She really needed to learn to time these things, but then again she was on a football team in high school, a male football team, so she must know what she's doing.

I walked to the side of the building and saw Jax smoking, he let out the smoke and for some reason he looked so good doing it, i watched him up and down and spotted something strange. i walked up to him.

"Hey." he said glancing at me lazily.

"Hey, i didn't know you had tattoos and smoked."

He smirked "well i do, so what?"

"I was just pointing it out, cause we've never seen a kid around here with tattoos."

"Well i'm not form around here, now am i."

"That's for sure." it went silent for a bit before i felt his eyes on me "what?"

"Can i ask you a question?"

"You already did."

"No smart ass, anyways what were you doing at that party?"

I scratched my head "what are you talking about?"

"That college party, you were there with a guy."

My eyes widened and the realization hit me, it was him, he was the guy that Nash was fighting with, i just stood there and looked at him, what would i even say to that?

"Hello, you still there?" he said waving his hand in front of my face.

"I got invited by a friend."

"That guy?" he said exhaling another set of smoke.

"Yeah, him."

"Cool... i just thought..."

"Thought what?"

"Nothing, i think we should go back inside." he dropped his cigarette and smashed it.

What was he getting at?

--

We all stood in a circle with our eyes closed, it was a thing we did before every game, putting our hearts and breaths in sync. We all opened our eyes and all everyone saw was determination, we were going to knock them for six and no one could stop us.

"Who are we?!" i shouted.

"Blood Fangs!" everyone said in unison.

"Who are we?!"

"Blood fangs!"

"Who. are. we?!"

"Blood. Fangs!" with that we all ran out the locker screaming our heads off.

We looked and saw all our girls doing their dancing, i looked up into the stands and saw my family, but i wasn't looking for them, my eye traveled all the way up to the left and there he was, Nash was there cheering me on, i slipped on my helmet and ran onto the field quickly taking our positions.

"Broken dreams." i shouted and everyone yelled yes. it was one of our plays that meant we would be out for blood from beginning to end.