Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jax

I had been focused on the road  trying to get us as far away from the mansion as possible until I heard Dustin release a shaky breath.

I turned looking at him to see him shaking as tears flowed down his face, for some reason he looked terrified, as he bit his lip trying to hold in his sob.

I pulled the car over moving to his side as I placed my hand on his, he jumped looking at me before he pulled his hand away, he shook his head moving closer to the door.

The next thing I knew he was jumping out the car and running back the way we had just came, I bolted behind him trying to catch up, I knew he was faster than me but something told me if I let him go it would not end well for us.

I jumped grabbing him by the jacket before we both toppled to the ground, I moved quickly getting over him and pulling him to me as he tried to get away.

He struggled leaving me with no choice but to wrap my legs around him to hold him in place, he screamed as he continued to try and pull away from me.

"Babe please calm down it's okay, please?"

He frantically shook his head as the tears continued to streak down his face "no please let me go I have to go back, I have to apologies I didn't mean to hurt him, let me go?!"

I stopped for a minute trying to take in what had just said "babe what are you saying? He hurt you and you just got a chance to make him pay and but you want to apologize, why?"

" It was a mistake, I don't want him hurt I still love him!" he continued to fight.

"But he hurt you so bad how could you still love him after everything he's done, after he broke your heart?"

"I don't care he could hurt me a hundred times but I will always love him!" he turned to me "please let me go I need to be with him?" 

I squeezed his neck and watched as he collapsed in my arms, it stung my chest after he said that he still loved him, but I love him so I can't let him go, I can't allow him to get hurt ever again I just hopes he doesn't hate me after this.

--

I lowered Dustin into the bed after taking off his dirty clothes, I moved to the bathroom taking the wash cloth and wetting it before going back over to him to clean the blood on his skin, he was badly bruised by Nash yet he still wanted to be with him.

I took the cloth and gently pressed it on the bruise he had on his head, he flinched before settling back, I wiped it off before putting a bandage on it, I cleaned off the rest of him before pulling on my giant t shirt on him and covering him up.

It was a two bedroom apartment so I could either sleep in the bed with him or sleep downstairs in the couch, I didn't want to go far from him but I also didn't want to force him to be with me when he clearly didn't love me, I grabbed some cushions from downstairs and threw a sheet over it before going to sleep.

--

I couldn't sleep knowing that Dustin was hurt and because of other reasons, I turned over looking up at the bed when I heard him mumbling, I got up and looked at his face feeling a spike go through my heart when I saw he was crying, all this because he loved someone that didn't feel the same way, I guess I could understand how he felt.

It wasn't like this was the first time that I loved someone that didn't love me back, it was beginning to turn into a habit, I guess it was expected because of my past, I should work on that, I thought as I licked my dry lips, but I don't want to fix it, at least not now, all I have to do is hope that one day he loves me back.

I glanced back at his face and felt my lips curl into a soft smile when I saw his brown eyes looking at me, he pulled up and I watched as he chewed his lip when his eyes landed on my sleeping arrangement, he pinched his ear before brushing back his hair.

"I'm sorry." he said it so low that I barely heard him, in fact I only caught it because I read his lips.

"It's okay, I don't mind, how are you feeling?" he looked up at me and his eyes seemed to search mine for something before he shook his head and licked his lips.

"I'm fine."

I shook my head "no you're not, you can trust me just tell me what's wrong." I sounded as if i was close to pleading and all I got in return was a blank stare, he seemed to have slipped into deep thought, before he blinked and his eyes caught mine once again.

A tear slipped down his face joining the rest that was already lingering there "I still love him, he was my first love, the first time I saw him, all the images of us being together and doing things together just flashed through my head and I was so happy when he said that he liked me and wanted to try us being together." I watched as more tears ran down his face and he let out a shaky breath.

"But it was all a lie, he used me" he brought his hands up to his face and I watched as his shoulders shook "he took my time, he took my love, he took my virginity and then he just left after breaking my heart" he pulled his knees up to his chest "b-but I still love him and I don't know why and I'm afraid that I will always love him, no matter what he does or says to me, I will always love him."

He wiped off some of his tears and looked at me "I'm sorry, I know you love me but I don't think I can ever share that feeling with you, I don't think I can ever share it with anyone besides him and I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry." he started sobbing.

I heard everything he said but for some reason I loved him more, I moved onto the bed going next to him before pulling him into a hug, his body stiffened for a second before he relaxed into my hug and continued to sob, I don't care if he loves me or not, I will always be there for him, always.