Chapter Forty-Seven

Jax

I sat on the field watching as Dustin caught the ball that Seth had sent speeding his way before breaking into a run trying to get to the touchdown as a bunch of other guys ran after him. He barely got there in time and you could see the distaste written over his features, he let out a deep breath before storming to the water section, he grabbed up his water and dropped down next to me on the bench.

"This is bullshit, I'm getting worse instead of better and now I feel like punching a fucking wall." he said before guzzling down the water.

"Okay boys I think it's best we call it a day, you guys seem so tired that your speed and everything is being cut back." she gazed at all of us before her eyes landed on Dustin and she wore a sad smile "Dustin come with me, we need to have a little chat." He nodded and stood up following her into the locker room.

I gritted my teeth, fuck, everything that had happened to him over the past few weeks is now affecting his game and it doesn't seem like it's just going to go away. I glanced around the area as I chewed on my lip, something I had unintentionally picked up from Dustin over the time we had spent together, my eyes scanned everywhere on the look out for Nash like Brysen had told me to do, he said Caspian would hang around the school to keep an eye on things, but he couldn't be here all the time because he had a job.

Dustin

I followed coach into her office and sat down after she told me to " Dustin I just found out today that you're no longer living with your parents, because of something that happened with your mom and I was just wondering if you're okay cause you seem a bit distracted lately."

I stared at her before shaking my head I shouldn't involve someone else into my problems "I'm fine."

"Are you sure and that's not the reason that your play is being affected?"

"No I'm just tired is all, but I'm sure it'll pass." I gave her my best smile.

She didn't look convinced but nodded anyway "okay if you say so, but if you need something, anything at all don't hesitate to ask, okay?" I nodded "okay go get yourself cleaned up and head home." I nodded and stood up walking out her office.

An hour later we were sitting in front of the hut, we had come here to get some dinner, but stayed in the car after Brysen told us to, now we were watching Caspian and him as they argued with Nash and the blonde guy who they called Mitch. Nash couldn't see me from where we were parked but I felt my body shake every time he glanced this way, Jax placed his hand on mine trying to calm my nerves as we watched on.

Caspian pushed Nash sending him down onto his ass just before Brysen kicked him in the ribs and we could hear them yelling as a crowd started to form around them "you come near my fucking cousin and I'll fuck you up so bad you won't know right from left!" he was about to kick him again when he was pushed back by Mitch who earned a punch from Caspian sending him to the ground next to Nash.

"You fucking touch him again and I'll rip your hands off, pretty boy!" Caspian shouted in his face with his Irish accent ringing through every word with power.

Brysen stooped down in front of Nash and whispered something to him making his eyes flash open and he jumped to his feet "you leave him the fuck alone!"

"Yeah well you leave those boys alone and I get any hint of you trying to hurt them and I won't spare your beloved, fuck with us and we'll rip you apart!" he pushed him to the ground before walking into the hut, a few minutes he came out carry four bags and walked along with Caspian getting into his car.

Jax started the engine and followed them out the parking lot we headed down the road in silence as he kept his grip on my hand the entire way. We pulled up to the house I had been calling my home for the past week, Jax got out and quickly came around the car for me, we walked inside after he placed his hand around my waist, I sat down next to him and we started eating, we could over hear Brysen on the phone in the kitchen probably telling Becky what happened.

The last week she's spent most of her time with me whenever she didn't have to work, everyone's been really good to me and for what reason I don't know. Jax told me that I had a panic attack and said a lot of stuff, which he won't tell me what I said, but something told me it was bad with the way everyone was acting around me, they were behaving like I was some fragile thing that could be broken because of the slightest thing.

After eating Jax lead me up to the room, we took separate showers and I changed into one of his sweaters after pulling on my boxers, I climbed into the bed pulling the sheet over myself. I heard the bathroom door open and listened to his footsteps as he walked around getting his clothes, I turned around just as he slipped on some sweats, he was bare chested so his tattoos were on full display, he smiled at me before crawling in the bed and pulling me into his chest within a few minutes I had drifted off.

---

I jumped up when I heard someone screaming and quickly looked to my side to see Jax shaking as cold sweats ravaged his body, he screamed mama and I saw tears run down his face. Calling his name I shook him but he wasn't responding he just kept tossing and turning in the bed, I shook him again and he screamed out begging his papa to come back, the bedroom door opened and Brysen ran in and he jumped on the bed moving me aside before he shook Jax.

When he wouldn't wake he slapped him and he instantly jumped up screaming before he covered his ears and pulled his knees into his chest rocking back and forth, I watched unaware of what I should do. Brysen moved off the bed and into the bathroom coming back with a cloth, a glass of water and some tablets, He held Jax to him and made him swallow the pills before sending the water down after it, then he took the cloth and wiped off his face and the rest of his skin.

Soon after he just sat there rubbing his back as he tried to get him back to sleep, but Jax refused to close in his eyes as he just stared off into his space. He had his own problems and he was trying to help me. I didn't deserve this kind of love from him but he deserved so much better than I could ever give him.