Chapter Fifty

If I could take back everything that I did for him, everything that happened when I was his then I would, I would take it all back in a heartbeat, because everything that's happening today is a result of our... relationship, because of me, if I could I would take back the day I was born, because I am not worth all the trouble that everyone was going through.

Having to sit there and watch them fight for someone as pathetic as me just made me feel more terrible than I did before, to think that the captain of the Blood Fangs, one of the best high school football teams in our state, couldn't stand up for himself, just added more weight to my shoulders and I just wished it would all stop, I just wished it would all come to an end as I watched Brysen and Jax, shove Nash against a wall yelling on him, in the middle of the school after he attacked me.
I felt Becky wrap her arm around my shoulder pulling me to her, she held me to her as she turned around and headed for her bike, she gave me a helmet, clicking it together after she slipped it on my head, she then pulled on hers getting on the bike before I got on behind her placing my hands around her waist and started the bike pulling off.

Instead of feeling the rush as she raced down the road heading to the house all I felt was numb.

Two Days Earlier.

I walked out the shower, wrapped the towel around my hips then grabbed up the other to dry my hair as I headed out the bathroom heading straight for the closet that stood at the other end of the room, I went in swishing through the clothes until, I grabbed a red t, black jeans, a leather jacket and a black and red vans, I quickly dried off and dressed moving to the counter to do my hair, as I was doing that someone came up behind me and wrapped their arms around my torso placing light kisses on my neck. I looked up at the mirror to see it was Jax, he looked up and smiled at me before I turned around and he pulled me into a tight hug placing a kiss on my head.

"How are you feeling baby?" He asked stepping back to look at me as he ran his thumb on my cheek.

"I'm feeling fine, why do you always ask me that?" I asked curious because ever since I woke up here after the panic attack that he still refused to tell me about, every morning he would ask that, or if I was okay and it just made me think that he expected something to be wrong with me, but right now, I was the happiest I had ever been in a long while.

"I just want to make sure that you're okay." he said pecking the side of my lip.

"I know that, but why?"

He shook his head "I just worry sometimes, after everything that happened to you..." he trailed off and his gaze moved to the floor before he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back "I'm okay and I always will be, as long as you're there, okay?"

He nodded "Okay, I'll always be there for you." with that he leaned down pressing his lips against mine, giving me a tender kiss, I was the one to deepen it, gripping the arms of his hoodie as I parted my lips giving him an invitation that he accepted feverishly.

We came up for air and he kissed me on my head "Let's go we have school to get to." I nodded allowing him to drag me out the room and down to the kitchen, where we eat eggs and pancakes before heading out the door to his car, Jax held my hand running his thumb over it all the way to school.

When we got out the car he didn't hold my hand we just walked close to each-other as we went into the school, we were heading for the cafeteria when I spotted David staring through the window in the door, looking longingly at the team, he gripped the door handle so tight his knuckles had turned white, Jax cleared his throat causing him to jump and turn to look at us with wide eyes.

"Are you okay David?" I asked giving him a concerned look.

He scowled at me, grunting "fine" before he tried to walk past us but Jax caught him by his elbow.

"Look I know we may not be on the same team anymore but you can come to us if you need anything, okay."

He snorted and pulled his elbow out of Jax's grip "don't worry about me Jax, he's your main concern, so take care of him because he needs you more now than ever before" he stopped and glanced at me "don't let them tear you down, captain" with that he walked off heading out the school entrance leaving us to stare at his back.

Jax looked at me and bit his lip chewing on it before he leaned forward and gave me a quick peck on my head, he leaned back and looked at me "Let's go." I nodded and followed after him.

He pushed the door open and we walked in to see the team sitting in their usual spot, well all except Seth and David, I walked up to the team and was about to sit down when Mike stood up and came over to me clearing his throat, I folded my arms over my chest and looked him up and down, he smiled at me "so the team and I were thinking... maybe you shouldn't be where you are, you know when it comes to the team" he stopped and I arched my brow waiting on him to finish "maybe you should step down as captain and hand it over to someone more qualified, someone that wasn't a, well you, but remember it wasn't just mine but the entire team's idea." he finished off by shrugging his shoulders and I looked at him before chuckling.

"Yeah good luck with that, is there anything else you'd like to get off your back?"

He smirked "yes, coach wants to see you before the school bell rings." 

I arched my brow before looking at the other team members, Aiden, who had been on bad terms with me since what happened with his sister and started hanging out with Mike more than he did us, looked up at me with his usual scowl on his face "yeah, he ain't lying." I looked from him to Jed who's hands had balled into tight fist simply nodded and I returned the gesture before leaving the cafeteria with Jax on my heels.

We made it to the coaches office and knocked on the door, pushing it open when she said it was okay to come in, her and her husband were sitting behind their desk looked up at us, she gave me a side smile "Dustin please take a seat, Jax you can wait outside thank you." he gave me a worried look before reluctantly leaving and closing the door behind him. I did as I was told taking a seat from across them and I watched her as she swallowed before her husband gave me a sad smile and got up leaving the office "Dustin, as you know I am responsible for the well being and comfort of every member of my team..." I nodded when she swallowed hard before continuing "well that means is that if any of my team is uncomfortable with a situation occurring on the team, I have to do everything in my power to fix that."

She sighed heavily "with that said, Dustin I have made the decision to demote you from team captain."