Chapter Forty-Eight

Dustin

I blinked open my eyes and looked down to see Jax with his face buried in my chest, for the past few nights he's been having nightmares and then when we woke up again we would be in this exact position. I kissed his head and he looked up at me lazily as he chewed on his lip, I chuckled at the fact that he picked up my habit over a short period of time, I slid down next to him and pecked his lip he looked from my eyes to my lips before kissing me back.

The kiss literally took my breath away, we pulled back panting before he kissed me again, by this time I had slid onto him and our lips moved in sync, I don't know what came over me or why I was behaving like this but I liked it. When we pulled back for another breath he smirked at me "we have that big game today don't want coach to ring us a new one for being late." we both laughed and got up tot prepare for school.

--

I closed in my eyes trying to breath deep as the cafeteria erupted in yelling and people telling me it was a bad idea, I leaned back in the chair as David walked up to me, there was panic in his eyes as we watched on to everyone's reaction. He sat down and gave me a pleading look "Dustin please change your mind, I'm not ready to play in a big game I'm barely improving everyone knows it, what if I loose the game?"

I looked at him and sighed "if you loose the game, which shouldn't happen because the rest of the team is there to help you, you are off the team and don't worry, you're not the only one that's being tested today, it's you, Jax, Den, Marlon and about five other guys so if you don't perform you won't be the only one going out the door, well it depends on how well each of you play, so instead of sitting here panicking like a five year old go and get your self prepared we only have so much time before the game starts." he nodded and got up walking out the door.

I bit my lip, I feel sorry for him even he knew that depending on him to play in the game was a bad idea, but there was an agreement between the visiting team and us that this game would only be a test one and the official one would be kept in early January cause they had some players they wanted to test as well. I looked up to see Seth watching at the door where David just left through and he had a worried look on his face, I don't see why cause this whole thing was his idea, he walked out the door behind him and I rolled my eyes looking at Jax.

He smiled at me and the bell went off telling us we needed to head to class hopefully today would go smooth and we wouldn't loose anyone.

---

The locker room was loud as everyone got dressed and ready to go out, it was fifteen minutes from now that they would call us out and all that had to play today were running on there last nerves, except for me. Most of the normal players would start off the game and then the second we would leave it to the new players, I looked around and spotted all the players except one, where the hell was that kid?

I got up and walked around the locker with everyone moving out my way, I pushed open the door to the showers and saw David leaning against the wall, he jumped when he looked up and saw me before leaning back against the wall "what are you doing in here instead of being out there with the rest of the team?"

He chuckled "well I've been avoiding them since lunch when they were taunting me and telling me that it's going to be so peaceful and easier for them to work when I get kicked off the team."

"So you're just going to allow them to kill your confidence right off the bat, you're not even going to try?"

He chuckled again "I haven't had any of that since..." he stopped and shook his head before walking past me I grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"David what's going on come on you can tell me I'm your captain?"

He shook his head "come tomorrow morning you're not going to be my captain and you're going to forget about me like everyone else did, like he did." he bit his lip yanking his hand from my grip before walking out the showers.

I walked behind him and tried to catch up only to watch as he vanished into the crowd of guys that were now heading out, Seth grabbed my arm handing me my helmet "come on captain in front!" I ran with him to the front just as they announced us and we ran out cheering and yelling while people in the stands cheered for us, I looked through the bleachers and spotted my dad cheering me on all by himself, I waved at him before lowering my head and running on.

--

I snatched the ball up and ran just as Seth and the other team members slammed into the players from the other team, I tucked the ball under my arm as I sprinted to the touch down, they were coming at me from all sides. I looked up and saw that Mike was wide open, so I threw it and he caught it without a problem sprinting to the touch down as we all continued to run, he was stopped in his tracks by a player from the other team so he looked around and tossed the ball back to me, I sprinted through knocking over two layers from the other team before running and jumping to the touch down.

Everyone cheered when I hit my mark, looking up at the board I could see we were in the lead by twenty points and the team was doing pretty well, the bell went off telling us all that it was half time, so we all jogged into locker room shouting and cheering. The coach came in beaming at us "Okay boys great work, now we're going to turn it over to our new bloods", she said looking from us to where David and Jax were seated "okay now why do my babies look like if there going to be butchered at a butcher shop." everyone laughed "good that's more like it, you are all going to be awesome out there, and even if you can't keep up your teammates are going to be there to back you up, so calm down and go out there and kick some ass, Blood fangs!"

"Blood Fangs!"