Chapter Fifty Six

I got out the elevator and walked to my apartment, cringing at the sight of the door that was across from mine before I pushed open my own and headed inside closing the door behind me, I dropped my bag and headed straight for the kitchen after stripping off my sweater going to the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water, only stopping for a second to stare at the remaining piece of cake from the last time the girls had been over here before I slammed in the door and took a few gulps of the water.

 I started to head for my room when there was a loud banging on my door that startled me into dropping the bottle, I clicked my tongue at the water that was spilling on my floor before I walked over to the door that the person on the other side continued to bang on, I pulled it open and glared at Seth who was giving me a more forceful glare that made me step back as I folded my arms over my chest, he walked in and slammed the door in as I just stared him down "what the hell is your problem banging my door down like that?"

He let out a humorless chuckle as he turned to face me "you want to tell me why the hell I had to go to practice this afternoon and not to see you there, only to talk to coach for her to tell me that you signed out of the team this morning, want to tell me what the hell that's about?!" I rolled my eyes and walked past him snatching the bottle of the floor dropping it in the bin, I grabbed the cloth from by the sink and quickly dabbed up the rest of the water, I could feel his heated eyes on me as I moved around and tried to ignore him because that was a conversation I didn't want to have, he made a strange sound of frustration that made me look at him "well?"

I rolled my eyes again and threw the cloth in the sink before I leaned against the counter and shrugged my shoulder "I just don't want to be part of the team anymore, shouldn't I have the right to make the decision to leave somewhere I'm not comfortable being?"

His brows furrowed and he seemed to relax at that, speaking quietly "Dus I hope that doesn't have a double meaning." I just looked at him not saying anything "she told me that you said you had to leave because being on the team was stopping you from doing something you needed to get done, what did you mean by that?" he just looked worried as he sucked his bottom lip in his mouth and it made me grit my teeth, he shouldn't be worried about me, I wanted him to be angry to feel betrayed, I wanted him to not care.

I ran my hand through my hair and gave him my best smile "it's nothing really I just needed to sort out some family stuff is all-"

"But couldn't you have just asked for some time off, I'm sure coach would have understood, she would've-"

I cut him off with a shake of my head "I need to do it my way, don't worry about it, oh and I kinda have plans with my dad this afternoon I need you to go, plus don't you have someone else you should be fussing over" I asked with a raised brow.

"He gave me a questioning look "Amy's got practice this afternoon..." he stopped when I gave him a drawl look and he seemed to realize who I was talking about when his eyes widened before he seemed to get angry "Dus don't start with that shit again, I told you nothing is going on with me and David so stop bringing it up."

I rolled my eyes "yeah right, everyone in school knows you want to hit that, with the way you look at him when you think I'm not looking I wouldn't be surprised if you already had."

His face went red and he looked like he was on the verge of yelling when I covered his mouth, pushed him to my door opened in and pushed him out "you best hope Amy doesn't find out, that'll be a shit storm for the centuries." he was about to say something when I slammed the door in his face and could hear all sorts of foul words that would make a nun blush.

I laughed before heading to my room and closed in the door, I took a deep breath before I gritted my teeth and found myself sliding down the door as I sunk my nails into my arms, why was it so hard to push everyone away, I was doing this for their sake and yet they wouldn't just leave me alone, especially Jax, I didn't want to hurt him and at this point I was praying it never came to that, but if it ever did I wouldn't hesitate to do what need to be done, I sucked in a sharp breath before I forced myself to stand up and head to my bathroom.

I took a quick shower and dried my skin before changing into a blur button up shirt, black jeans, witha white tank top and my football jersey, I quickly got dressed, and combed my hair before I slipped into a pair of Doc's, I went through my clothes grabbed my wallet, keys and phone before I grabbed my bag and headed to the door, I locked up the apartment before I went downstairs and decided instead of driving I would take the short walk to the restaurant we had agreed to meet at.

Twenty minutes later I walked through the door and spoke to the hostess who lead me to a private booth, my dad was sitting there looking out the window, he had changed from his working clothes into a white t shirt, grey jeans, runners and a leather jacket, his shades were sitting on the table as he sipped from a cup of what I could only guess was black coffee with no sugar, the only coffee he ever drank, I slid into the booth and he looked from the window to me, he smile was unsure, it made my chest tighten for a minute and had me sucking in a deep breath, his smiles had always been bright and cheerful and just the look of it had me guessing the current status of him home life.

He placed his cup down and took my hand giving it a tight squeeze before he let go "Dustin, it's been a while since I've seen you, how have you been doing, is everything okay where school and the apartment is concerned?"

I nodded and smiled at him "everything's pretty good actually, been quiet at the apartment and right now I'm thinking about taking a break from school, it's a little tough right now."I felt awful for lying to him but what other choice did I have, the last thing I wanted was for him to go digging around and find out about everything that has been happening, I could see he was already going through stress and he certainly didn't need mine adding to that.

He nodded and I relaxed when his smile brightened as if things in his life had gotten better "that's good to hear, I'm happy everything is settling back with you and there's not really any trouble at your apartment, bu why do you want to take a break from school, does it have something to do with the people there?" he sounded so concerned that it was drilling a hole in my chest to lie to him.

"No it has nothing to do with them, school is pretty good, it's just got a little hectic I just want to take some time to myself, I already spoke to coach and she said it was okay for me to sit out of the games for a while, just need to speak to my principal and hopefully she'll give me two or three weeks off." I said nodding and he smiled.

His brows furrowed for a minute before he looked at me "maybe I could go in and talk to her, I know how much of a witch she could be and maybe... we could use the time we get to go on a trip, just me and you what do you say?"he looked so hopeful I would say yes.

And just then an Idea came to my mind, I could go with him, spend time with him and just on the last day I could get it all done, I was about to reply when the waitress came over and asked if we needed anything, I just got a mocha latte and a slice of cheese cake, while my dad ordered a refill of his coffee and a slice of strawberry shortcake.

I looked back at him when she left and smiled "a trip sounds nice, I'd really like that." he brightened up just before he dug into his cake.