Chapter Thirty-Six

Dustin

I sat on my bed across from my dad waiting for his reply to everything I had just told him as tears poured down my face and I tried to keep my breathing steady, I had been waiting for his reply for the past five minutes and I was starting to think that I might not get it until he spoke.

"So... so you met this Nash at a party, you started hanging out with him and then a month later you were dating, did I get that right?" I nodded "he took you on trips and always treated you good, eventually you started going by his place and you started making out?" I nodded again feeling a pit in my stomach as more memories flooded my head making more tears come to my eyes.

"So that means that all those times you said you were hanging out with Seth and your friends, or going for training was a lie?" I shook my head.

"Not all of them... just most." he closed in his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Dustin I can understand you being scared to tell us about your sexuality, but the constant lying is what I can't take and then worst of all, the person that cost you most of the trust that we built up together over the years turned out to be some asshole who only wanted you for your virginity and left you the after he got it, do you really think it was worth it and worst of all you got hurt in the process and now he's put all these images all over your school and made things even worse for you, what did you think would happen? the two of you would stay together and that he would never hurt you?!" I felt a sting in my chest when he rose his voice.

"Dustin I am not angry at you and I honestly don't care that you prefer men over women, what I am mad at is the decisions that you made thinking that it would be okay and everything would blow over, only to have them bite you in the ass, what the hell was going through your mind the whole time I don't know and frankly I don't care and I know this will come off wrong but it has to be said, I hope you have learned your lesson that you can't play with something like love and trust, cause those things are hard to come by and if you waste it and lose it, it will be even harder to get it back!" with that he got up and stormed out the room slamming the door behind him.

I slid to the floor pulling my knees to my chest, my dad has never scolded me like that and the way he looked at me, it hurts me way worse than what Nash did does, I picked up my inhaler and took a puff because it was getting harder to breath, my life was crashing to the floor right in front of my eyes and there was nothing I could do about it.

--

I came out of the shower going over to the mirror and wiping the mist off of it, it cleared up and I saw my reflection, the tear streaks were gone and so was the puffiness under my eyes, it had been two weeks since the incident and the whole time I was locked in my room avoiding my problems.

But today I decided I wouldn't cry any more, I needed to be strong so I could fix this mess that was my life, I dried off and got dressed going down to the kitchen, when I walked in my mom looked up at me and instead of greeting me she turned on her heels and walked out the back door.

I looked at my sisters and brothers as they eat all of them averted their eyes and focused o their breakfast, suddenly I didn't feel like eating, I turned and walked out the kitchen heading out to my car, I'll probably grab something to eat when I reached, maybe.

The drive to school was quiet and seemed longer for some reason, I got out my car locking it, I stopped at the stairs preparing myself for what laid behind those doors, I walked up the stairs and went through the doors, I could see everyone stopping what they were doing to look at me and exchange whispers, I ignored them all going to the cafeteria.

As soon as I walked in the cafeteria that was noisy just a minute ago went quiet, I  looked straight ahead going to the table where all my team mates were staring at me from, Aisha's eyes landed on me and she bit her lip before looking away.

Mike got up from the table moving his girl Tia off of him before clapping "well if it isn't our little parading faggot, what did you finally decide it was time to put on some clothes and come back." he said with a smirk on his face.

I walked up to him with a smile on my face and before he could see it coming I clocked him in his face hearing a satisfying crack just before he fell to the ground and I cleared my throat "listen up you fucking nitwits, I may be a faggot as you said but at the end of the fucking day I am your captain and I demand some fucking respect, otherwise you can go get your gym bag and leave my fucking team, got it?!" they all looked at me with blank faces before nodding "good, now move so I can sit."

Some of the guys got up and I sat down, with a smirk on my face, now I'd say that went quite well.