Chapter Fifty Eight

I sat in the cruiser looking through the window as I looked out it, there was a song playing soft in the background and my dad had on the AC as he hummed along and drove up the highway, we left the house a few hours ago and I had only calmed down about an hour ago, but I felt so drained that I couldn't find myself doing anything, my dad turned off the highway going down a road that headed out the city, I knew he was lancing at me every few minutes but I couldn't find it in me to pretend to be happy.

My dad turned up the radio and tapped me so I would shift before he rolled down the window, the breeze hit me hard in my face as I leaned back in the seat closing my eyes, he hadn't said anything since we first started our trip and he was trying to calm me down, but then went quiet and allowed me to have my space, until now "are you hungry Dustin?" I turned and looked at him, he looked so concerned and I didn't feel hungry but to be honest I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning and maybe I needed to eat something so I nodded and he gave a small smile at that "okay, so we'll find a cafe and stop to get something to eat, we can relax for a bit and then head out again, how does that sound?" he asked glancing at me and I nodded before he looked back out on the road.

I slouched fown further into the seat and placed my bare feet on the dash as I wrapped my arms around myself and just sat there, I heard my dad rewind the song for what might have been the sixth time, to be honest I was starting to like it it was as if it suited the moment, so I found myself humming to it and with that everything started to feel lighter, and then I was sure that this song would be on continuous replay during our trip and I really didn't mind. 

Jax

I paced back and forth in the room as I tried to get on to Dusting for only god knows how many times, the phone said that he could either be out of the service area or switched off and I found everything building up as I flung the phone across the room and let out a frustrated scream, I stomped over to my bed and dropped down on it covering my face, my breathing was harsh as I found my heart racing, I had been trying for days to get in contact with him but he would either ignore my calls or switch his phone off the one time he actually answered the phone he was silent as I tried to convince him to come back until he finally cut me off and said that this was the only way to make everything better, I couldn't get it out my head that meant he was going to do something that would cause a lot of damage.

I had even went as far as talking to Seth to see what was going on with him only to find out that he had resigned from the team and just left school after being granted an extra three weeks off along with his vacation with the promise that he would come back but my gut was screaming at me that there was a possibility he wouldn't come back, I came up with several things that could go wrong and all of them only made me more worried and stressed than the one that came before it, I got out of bed and walked to the rack slipping my black jacket over the white t I was wearing, I fixed the belt on my black jeans before I went to the bed and sat down to slip on my boots.

I got up and went to my closet grabbing my helmet off of the top shelf before I picked up my phone off the floor fixed it back and slipped it in my pocket, heading out my room I went down the stairs and headed for the door only to be stopped by Brysen, he folded his arms over his chest, he arched his brow at me and I sighed "I'm going by Seth for a bit, I need to find Dustin I think something's going on and he needs my help."

His face softened at that and he nodded "fine just let me know if you find anything out I'll have the guys on stand by to head out." I nodded and he patted me on my shoulder before I grabbed my keys off the hook by the door, I went through a door that connected the house to the garage and walked past my car, I yanked the covering off of my black Dyna wide glide, before I opened the garage door and headed out, I closed it and headed towards Seth's house hoping he would have some answer's to where Dustin would be.

I soon pulled up in front of his two story house and got off the bike going to the door and knocking a few times before it was opened by a woman with black hair and a bright smile that shared similar features to Seth, her eyes widened for a bit and she looked me up and down before clearing her throat "Good afternoon how can I have, I mean help you."

I arched my brow as her miss wording before I gave her a smile "I'm here to see Seth."

"Oh okay and and who may I say is here to him?"

"Jax." she nodded and then went inside leaving the door ajar, I heard her call up stairs before there was a rushed sound of feet coming down the stores and then a very shirtless Seth came to the door, he stepped outside pulling the door in before he leaned against the frame with his arms folded.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I came to find out if you knew where Dustin would be I haven't heard from him in close to two weeks and I have this weird feeling growing in my gut, I think he needs my help."

He squinted his eyes at me and nodded "I haven't heard from him since the lat time we spoke and that was when I went to his apartment to find out why he quit the team, he said everything was fine, but if you really need to know what's going on I can take you to his house to speak to his sister." I nodded and he stood straight "wait a bit, I need to throw something on and then we'll head over."

I nodded and stepped back waiting on him as he went back inside and cam back dressed in blue jeans, a black t shirt and a pair of chucks, he reached for my helmet and my first thought was to pull it away and he rolled his eyes "you don't need that, It's just a short walk from here to his house, I'm putting it on the table by the door." I nodded and handed it over so he could put it up, he called out to his mom telling her he'd be back before he came out back slipping on a pair of shades and his jacket, he nodded a head and I followed him as we headed down the side walk going a block down to a two story house that was similar to Seth's.

He walked up and knocked on the door, it was soon opened by a woman that I recognized to be Dustin's mother from the time she had come to the school because of the incident and I suddenly felt my blood boiling at just the sight of her, if my mom was a live and she found out what she had done to Dustin she would have brought the wrath of Hades down upon her, because one thing my moth never messed around with was her children.

But I didn't have her anymore and at first I thought Dustin was lucky to have one but with the way she just turned against him, I got to thinking it might have been better if she wasn't around in the first place, she just watched us with a smile on her face as she stood there in a t shirt and yoga pants with her hair pulled up into a frizzy pony tail "Ms. Norton, I'm here to see Casey, is she around?" she nodded and stepped back into the house before I heard her and someone talking before a small girl came to the door.

She was way shorter than me standing at about five' four, five' five which made me think that she had to be like fourteen or something "hey Seth what can I do for ya, oh who's this?" she asked after spotting me.

Seth jutted his thumb in my direction "this is Jax and I was wondering if you could tell me where Dustin is?"

Her face seemed to drop and her smile quivered "he went on a trip with dad a few days ago."

"Oh so he's okay then?"

I asked and she looked at me with a frown "if you call having a nervous break down okay, then yes he's fine."