Chapter Forty-One

And here we have the beautiful Ruby Rose playing Becky, our friendly neighborhood lesbian.

Dustin

I sat in my dads car as we headed to another apartment the last two we went to were just fine for me but they weren't up to his standards, at least that's what he said, but i know the reason we didn't pick the first one was because they had a set of twins that were standing by the door checking me out as a bulge formed in their pants and as for the second building it was right across from a bar which had several bikers parked outside keeping an eye on us, so yeah.

He pulled up to the third one and i was about to get out when i stopped and got back in, my dad turned to look at me "what's wrong Dus is it your asthma kicking up again?" i shook my head "then what is it?" i looked down at my hands studying whether or not i should tell him that this was the same apartment building that i was left in after Nash broke me.

I took a deep breath shaking my head and got back out the car heading inside, the woman saw me and a frown formed on her face which vanished when my dad came in, he walked up to her and shook her hand , she glanced at me but focused on my dad.

"Welcome i was waiting on you, the apartment we talked about is on the third floor and it has two bedrooms, a living room, two bathrooms and a kitchen area, shall we take a look?" my dad nodded and put his hand on my back leading me to the elevator.

I was trying to control my breathing after she said it was on the third floor, could it really be the same apartment and if it was would i be able to keep my mask up? the elevator stopped and we turned heading in the direction of the apartment only to stop right in front of it, my heart sped up and i stuck my hand into my pocket holding onto my inhaler as i braced for when she would open it, but instead she opened the door across from it and if you could have died from relief i would have.

We walked in and it immediately hit me that the apartments were similar but not completely the same, the facing of the whole apartment was different and instead of having beige walls it was light brown, we walked into the living room and then moved to the kitchen which also had a different design and i really like the black cupboards trying to forget the white ones that were in the other apartment.

We got to one of the rooms and i was small making me cringe, i hated small spaces, we left that room and i died again when we went into the other room that was twice it's size and had it's own bathroom, i looked at my dad and saw he was pleased until his smile dropped into a frown.

He scratched the back of his head "i know this sounds strange but who are his neighbors going to be if we take this?" she smiled.

"Okay just across the hall there is Wendi, Ellie and Melanie, they are triplets and they all attend Stanford university and they have part time jobs so their hardly home, mostly Ellie is around and it is very easy to mix the three of them up, which i advise against cause you will receive a lecture on how they are very different which means they are easy to tell apart." she let out a laugh tapping my father on his shoulder before continuing "to your left we have Daisy who is also a college student and she will only be home during the day time most likely sleeping on your right you have, Rebecca who's a nurse and she is also hardly ever home, just across from Rebecca is Michael he's a... i believe he's a bartender that works down at the paper plane, his girlfriend Stacy i believe her name is stays with him and finally just across from Daisy we have Becky our neighborhood lesbian but she's quiet and every time you catch her she has her head buried in a book, the rest of the apartments are waiting to be filled and none of my tenants are trouble makers so your son should be fine."

My dad breathed a sigh of relief before smiling at her "we'll take it."

"Okay follow me down so we can sign some paper work and then get your boy settled." my dad nodded and we followed her down.

--

It was two pm and we were bringing up the last of my luggage, i hadn't seen my mom when i went with dad to collect my stuff, but if i had i would have asked her why, but i guess it was the best, i kicked open my door heading inside with my dad at my heels, we decided that the spare room would be used for my studies so he had already set that up with my computer and other things.

I went into the big room as I've just started calling it, dropping my suitcase on the ground, my dad put down the one he had and checked his watch before walking over and giving me a hug " i gotta head back to work, are you good on your own?" i nodded "okay, i'll come by to check on you tonight before going home, bye." i followed him to the door and out to the elevator, we were waiting for it to come up and when it did this girl with giant glasses and black hair that was in a boy cut came out, she smiled at me but continued on.

I waved my dad off one last time before heading back to my apartment i looked and saw the girl braced up against her door she smiled at me and stretched out her hand "Hey i'm Becky but u can call me Becks and you are."

I took her hand into mine "Dustin but you can call me Dus."

"Well hey Dus welcome to our building have a nice stay." she winked at me before turning around and going into her apartment, i walked into mine closing the door behind me before heading to the kitchen and pulling out a box frosted flakes before dropping down in front of the tv.