Chapter Twenty-Four

Jax

I woke up with my skin soaked in sweat as shivers ran down my spine, brushing it off as I rolled over in my bed checking the time, it was eleven pm on a Saturday morning so I had no reason to get up but my stomach was grumbling cause I would have eaten by now if it was another day, I got up stretching before making my way to the bathroom to catch a cold shower.

I dressed and headed out my room after grabbing up my phone, wallet and car keys, I walked down to the room across the hall knocking on the door, there was no sound.

I pushed open the door and slowly walked in making sure to be very quiet, I watched as he curled himself into a ball holding onto his pillow tight while sucking his thumb, a twenty year old guy that still sucked his thumb no wonder he was never in a relationship.

I picked up the glass of water from the  night stand moved it over his head and tilted it just letting a few drops fall, all he did was turn and mumble something, he had his face to the roof and that was exactly what I wanted, I turned the glass over and the water splashed all over his face.

Brysen jumped up screaming profanities before looking at me stunned "good morning butter cup, I'm heading out to get something to eat, what do you want?"I said trying to hold in my laugh.

He scowled at me "if you weren't offering me food I would so kill you, you inked potato, I want barbecue wings with lots of dipping sauce." I nodded before walking out his room and heading down to my car.

An hour later I pulled up to the barbecue place near the beach, I walked in and the blonde that always took my order came up with a smile on her face "good morning Jax welcome to Macy Ace Bar-B-Que beach hut, do you want your usual today?" I nodded and she walked away smiling.

I moved to sit in my usual spot but stopped when I spotted Dustin, he was sitting in the back boot with his hands to his face as he cried, he was trying so hard to hold in a sob that just slipped out, I felt shot of anger go through my body, he made him cry.

I stood there just staring at him wondering if I should go over to him, I could see his face was red along with his eyes which meant he had been crying for a good while, i sighed dropping my pride as I walked over to him, he looked at me and quickly started drying his face as his body continued to shake.

I slid into the booth next to him and he moved down watching me up and down his lips trembled as he opened his mouth "wh-what are you doing here?" his voice was so low that I barely heard him.

I could feel my anger boiling, I didn't like seeing him in this state, I preferred his lips to curl into a cocky smirk than this "I told you that it was a bad idea to stay around him, you didn't listen to me and now you're crying because he hurt you!" I saw him jump back as my voice raised.

I didn't intend to scare him but the look he gave me made me angry "tell me what he did to you this time." he shook his head as another tear streaked down his face.

"I can't talk about it, I just want to forget it, I want to forget him." he broke into a sob putting his hand over his face to hide it from me.

I moved down and pulled him into a hug, his body froze and I could swear he had stopped breathing, he put his hand on my arms trying to push me away but I held him in place until he stopped fighting resting his head on my shoulder as he cried his heart out.

He got louder as he leaned into me gripping onto my jacket, his heart was broken, I could tell by the way he just let it all out, I wrapped my hands around him pulling him onto my lap, he continued to sob as I rubbed his back in a soothing manner.

--

I felt my mouth slack as I listened to Dustin tell me what happened between him and Nash, his tears were still flowing as tremors ran through his body, I folded my hand into a fist making my knuckles go white, Nash was a dead man for hurting him.

My phone rang and he just sniffled watching as I pulled it out and answered "food!" I pulled back trying to get my ears to stop ringing.

I had forgotten the reason I was here, when I saw Dustin crying, I cursed in my head when I realized that the harshness in Brysen's voice had startled him "calm down I'm bringing it now."

"Hurry up I'm hungry and I've got to get to class soon and I'm not going on a empty stomach."

"Okay I'll be there in a few." I hung up the phone and looked at Dustin who was staring at me up and down, unsure of what to do.

I stood up pulling out my wallet, I paid the server and came back over to me with the bags, I stretched out my hand and he stared at it before slowly moving forward to take it, I gently pulled him to me and we walked out the hut.