Chapter Twenty-Five

Dustin

I looked over at Jax from the passenger seat, his face was tense as he gritted his teeth, I looked at his hands that were gripping the wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white, he was angry because I was hurt but I really wasn't expecting him to be so nice to me.

After all he did warn me and I didn't listen to him, when he started talking to me I could swear he would make fun of me until he pulled me into his arms, I was scared but the way he held me, he was protective and refused to let me go, I felt safe with him, like I could trust him as much as I trusted ...

I was snapped out of my thought when I heard the car door on my side open, I looked up to see him watching at me with emotions in his eyes that I couldn't read, once again he stretched out his hand to me, his lips curled into a soft smile coaxing me to take his hand.

I held it and he helped me out the car, when I got out he wrapped his arm around my torso in a protective manner as he guided me to the house, I leaned against him, wrapping both my hands around his waist, he rubbed my back and opened the door.

I glanced around before cautiously stepping in, he locked the door and I jumped behind him when I heard the thunder of someones feet as they ran down the stairs straight to the living room, his black hair was a mess and he scowled at Jax before snatching the bag from him.

"Now I have to eat on the go thanks to you, you fucking asshole" I moved further behind Jax.

I don't know why I behaved like that but ever since Nash hurt me, I felt scared just having people around me, that's why I couldn't leave the house, I knew if I only went to school and ended up surrounded by all those people, I would loose my cool.

I watched as he rushed past us heading out the door, he didn't seem to notice me and I was left staring at the door, I jumped when I felt someone touch my hand, I looked to see Jax giving me a worried look, he took my hand and pulled me into a hug.

His face rested in my head and for a split second I saw a image of when Nash did the same thing for me, I pushed him away stepping back as I shook my head, I didn't want him to touch me, I didn't want anyone to touch me, not now and not ever again.

Jax

I watched as he sunk down to the ground with his hands covering his ears and a panic look on his face, I walked up and he pulled back even more, he was terrified of me, this was not the Dustin I met on the field that day and I didn't like the one that replaced him.

I walked up to him and he seemed to shrink even more, I put my hands around him as he shook his head telling me to leave him alone, I pulled him up into my arms and he started to fight and panic hitting me in my face before I grabbed his hands and held them down.

He cried out and screamed he wanted me to put him down, he didn't want to be touched, he gripped my hand trying to get me to release him his body shook as he frantically tried to free himself of my touch, he didn't want me and he didn't love me.

He continued to scream and fight with all his might, tears ran down his face and he sobbed in between screams, I couldn't see him like this, I squeezed his neck and his body went limp, his head dropped back and I could see the tears now running to the side of his face.

I turned and walked up to my room easing him down to the bed, I fixed his head and pulled the cover over him, he was fragile and broken because of Nash, there is going to be a party tonight where I knew he would be and there is where I'll make him pay for hurting the boy I loved, Dustin.

--

I leaned against the door listening  as he took a shower, the water stopped and I could here his light steps coming towards the door only stopping once probably to pull on the towel, the door eased open and the moment he saw me he dropped his gaze.

I handed him the clothes and turned to walk out the room closing in the door, I was taking him with me in hopes that he would forget him after he got his answers, I looked at the stairs he had been up there way too long for just dressing.

I went up back opening the door to find him collapsed on the ground crying, I closed me eyes before taking a deep breath and walking over to him, I pulled him to me and he froze before easing into me, I heard him release a shaky breath before he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

I held him to me sitting down as I pulled him onto me, he wrapped his arms around my neck as his legs went around my waist, his body shivered as I felt his hot breath on my neck, his fingers moved up into my hair "please don't leave me, not like everyone else?"

"I'll never leave you... I swear."