Chapter Forty-Nine

Jax

I broke into a run going after the player from the other team that held the ball, we needed to catch him and I could see I wasn't the only one going after him as Dustin, coach and some of the main players screamed from the line. I was just about to grab his shirt when someone ran into me knocking me over and I watched as the guy got across the line into the touch down area and we all screamed as the other team cheered and started celebrating, holding their player up on their shoulders.

The other team had just won and we lost the game by two points, I sighed rolling my eyes before just dropping back on the grass, sprawled out like a starfish, this sucked ass. I stared up at the night sky, wow it was a nice view from a pathetic place, I wonder what coach is doing, she's probably throwing her clipboard at her husband. I laughed remembering the time we were in practice and he gave the team mates different practice material than what she set out and the day ended with him having the clip board thrown at his face.

I heard footsteps approaching and smiled when Dustin came into my view blocking out all the stars "so I see you're feeling the defeat as it burns through your core." I sighed and pretended to cry "don't worry it'll pass, well at least for you, but I'm not so sure about David." I nodded and sat up to see David standing behind the two coaches and Seth as the other team members were yelling on him "poor kid, look what he has to deal with, well I guess I better go feed the wolves before they kill the sheep." I nodded and he helped me stand up.

We ran over and Dustin whistled getting the attention of the whole team "what, are you idiots five? it was just a stupid practice game and we lost by like two points, I mean if we had lost by six or more points then I would have allowed you to go for blood, but it's two points-"

"Two points that make a difference we had the game and the little princess over here lost the ball costing us the whole fucking game, I mean-" Mike stopped when Dustin screamed on him.

"Shut the hell up and don't interrupt me when I'm fucking speaking or I'll make you go and run on that track right now, which I don't think you want to do!" Mike dropped his head and Dustin cleared his throat "now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by that cow, it was two frigging points get the fuck over it, all of you that are behaving high and fucking mighty have been where David is right now and you had cost us more than just a practice game, speaking mainly to Erin who cost us our trophy when we went to Michigan, so chill the fuck out go in there soak in some ice baths and then go home and sleep and I don't want to hear about this ever and if I catch a whiff of a rumor passing through the school David won't be the only one leaving the team, so get a move on!" they all nodded and grabbed up there stuff before heading inside.

"Thank you Dustin, the three of you can head inside me and coach need to have a chat with David." we all nodded and grabbed up our stuff before going inside.

I glanced back to see what was going to happen only to see Seth leaning against the bleachers watching, I was about to stop when Dustin walked and grabbed my hand pulling me after him, I looked at him questioningly and he shook his head, we went into the locker room to hear some of the team members still arguing, I ran my hand down my face as Dustin sighed before he walked up and slammed his helmet into one of the lockers making the team members jump "what the fuck did I just say, or was I talking to myself?" he folded his arm over his chest and turned to look at Mike when he chuckled.

"You might as well have been faggot, because we don't really care, we just lost a game practice or not, we were so close and it got snatched out of our grip because that little bitch panicked and got the ball taken away from him, so everyone doesn't care really, you gotta allow them to vent."

Dustin sighed and nodded "whatever just don't kill anyone" and then he walked over to Mike and socked him straight in the nose everyone cringed at the sound of a crack and Dustin leaned down to look at Mike who was now gripping his nose "a faggot is a bunch of sticks, go through your dictionary and come up with some proper insults, assfuck." with that he walked past him and headed for the showers.

Within a hour the locker was cleared out and everyone had headed home but we sat down on the benches, waiting for the two people that had yet to use it, soon the door opened and Seth came in, he didn't even spare us a glace as he stripped down, got dressed and headed outside, a while after David came in, he looked up at both of us and the look in his eyes worried me, they looked dead as if he just gave up. He walked past us and walked to his locker , within fifteen minutes he had showered and headed out the locker, we followed out and I waited for Dustin to lock up before we headed to the parking lot, I saw David get on his bike and drive off leaving and I turned to Dustin "something is wrong with him, do you think we should keep an eye on him?"

Dustin shook his head and looked at me "he just kicked off the team he's still reeling from it, give him a while and I'm sure he'll return to his normal self." I nodded and we got in the car before I headed to my house, we pulled up and headed inside, I saw a note from Brysen saying that he won't be home tonight so we got the house for ourselves.

I chuckled and followed Dustin upstairs, he stripped down to his boxers and climbed in the bed, I did the same and climbed in next to him, he sighed when I pulled him to me and we slipped into a comfortable silence before we fell asleep.