Chapter Fifty-Three

Happy belated birthday Dany1908, my favorite weirdo, hope your day was great and here you go. 

"It's kinda funny though, when I found out what happened to you, I just wanted to hold you to my chest and take you far from here, while simultaneously wanting to go find that guy and beat him into a pulp, also to lock myself away because I felt so stupid that I never noticed, all the times you vanished, the weird times you would start smiling at your phone before quickly replying to whoever, but I guess it as just meant to happen, all of it in some cruel, strange way was meant to be so you could find who you were truly meant to be with and the same goes for me." she smiled up at me before taking a sip of her latte.

"Yeah I guess you're right." I looked out the window and saw someone standing across the street just watching at us, her eyes were locked on Aisha for a bit before it locked on me and she blushed before looking away, I turned to Aisha with a raised brow and she gave me a sheepish smile.

"Well apologizing and asking if we could be friends wasn't the only reason I wanted to speak to you today." I gave her my full attention and she stared at me for a bit before pulling out her phone and texting someone "well I wanna tell you that I was able to move on too, You have Jax now so there wouldn't be a problem." I felt heat rush to my face and she laughed "and don't even try to hide it, I see the two of you all the time and let me just tell you, you might not understand what this means, but I ship the two of you so hard I might just write a fanfic." I scrunched up my brows at her and she laughed.

Just then I looked up to see the girl from across the street standing there with a mighty blush on her tanned cheeks, I looked her up and down to see she had long blonde frizzy hair that was left down with a beanie over it, her brown eyes seemed to dart everywhere but me, her cheeks were covered in freckles and her button nose seemed to be twitching with nervousness, she had on a see through black football jersey dress, white jeans, a white crop top and chucks, she had her bag thrown over her shoulder and was squeezing the strap to death, I could see her about to panic until Aisha took hold of her hand and pulled her into the booth next her before she looked at me "Dustin, this is Mickey, she's my girlfriend and we've been dating for a week now and I really wanted you to meet her."

She gave me a nervous smile and I looked over at Mickey with a raised eyebrow until it hit me "wait aren't you David's friends?" she looked up at me and nodded "okay cool, the name's Dustin, nice to meet you." I stretched my hand over the table and she shook it.

"It's nice to meet you too." we talked for a while after that until we got our stuff and headed back to school so we wouldn't be late, Aisha had thrown her arm over Mickey's shoulder and Mickey had her arm around her waist, which was kinda cute, I was happy that Aisha had finally forgiven me and was able to find someone to be with, it felt as if everything was finally settling back, I was thinking that maybe it would be okay that I wasn't captain anymore, I did need the time to think and just mow over everything that has happened, maybe I should talk to my dad and see what's up with him, I could call him when I got home.

I smiled to myself, thinking that maybe Aisha was right, maybe this was all playing out the way it was meant to be, maybe I shouldn't fight it and just go with the flow, I felt as if I was floating on cloud nine as we made our way into the school the first bell had already rung but we still had ten minutes to make it to class before the late bell, I waved Aisha and Mickey before going to my locker, as I was about to open it I felt someone wrap a heavy arm around my shoulder's, I thought it was Jax until the arm tightened and I was being thrown into the row of lockers across from mine, I slammed face first into the metal and stumbled back holding my nose as it gushed blood.

I dropped to my knee's grunting as I tried to stop blood from running from my nose, I felt someone take grip of my hair yanking me to my feet as I let out a yelp, they slammed my back into the lockers and I screwed my eyes tight because of the pain before I blinked them open to see Nash looking at me, he took his free hand and wrapped it around my neck as he snarled at me, I raised up my hands trying to pull his away as he started to cut off my air. "I finally have you to myself, do you know how long I've waited for this but those stupid people wouldn't let me anywhere near you, protecting you as if you were something innocent, you're just a fucking whore, one that put my Mouse in the hospital, he only got out yesterday but he's on crutches while you're here enjoying your life to the fullest, you should be suffering not him and I'll make you suffer!" with that he pulled me forward and slammed me back into the locker repeatedly, he was about to do it again when I raised my foot and kicked him straight in the gut.

He grunted but instead of letting go he tightened his grip and everything started to get blurry and I begun to feel light headed, my arms dropped from his and everything was about to go black until his hand was yanked from my neck causing me to gasp as I dropped to my knees, I bent over holding my stomach and neck as I tried to get air back into my lungs, I felt someone's hand on my neck and looked up to see Becky who gave me a worried smile, my head dropped back down as I continued to take in ragged breaths, when I was breathing as well as I could I looked up in the direction the yelling was coming from.

Seth and Jax had Nash against a locker as they beat the bloody hell out of him, he tried fighting back, but faced against my pissed off boyfriend and  best friend he really didn't stand a chance, Becky helped me to my feet as they continued on him, I looked around and a crowd was forming around us, I saw Brysen standing there next to some of his friends just watching with scowls on their faces, I should feel happy that they were standing up for me and protecting me, but everything he said just made me feel worthless, made me feel empty.

If I could take back everything that I did for him, everything that happened when I was his then I would, I would take it all back in a heartbeat, because everything that's happening today is a result of our... relationship, because of me, if I could I would take back the day I was born, because I am not worth all the trouble that everyone was going through.

Having to stand there and watch them fight for someone as pathetic as me just made me feel more terrible than I did before, to think that the captain of the Blood Fangs, one of the best high school football teams in our state, couldn't stand up for himself, just added more weight to my shoulders and I just wished it would all stop, I just wished it would all come to an end as I watched Brysen and Jax, shove Nash against a wall yelling on him, in the middle of the school after he attacked me.

I felt Becky wrap her arm around my shoulder pulling me to her, she held me to her as she turned around and headed for her bike, she gave me a helmet, clicking it together after she slipped it on my head, she then pulled on hers getting on the bike before I got on behind her placing my hands around her waist and started the bike pulling off.

Instead of feeling the rush as she raced down the road heading to the house all I felt was numb.