Chapter Sixty Three-Finale

Jax

Our bikes turned the corner smoothly before straitening up, I looked down at my phone and saw that I was getting closer and closer, I looked around for a bit slowing down but pressed on the gas when I saw the dirt trail Dustin's sister had told me about, it was the only one around for a mile and I could see the trail of the jeeps tires, it was faint but it was visible enough to reassure me I was going in the right direction, we turned quickly and started up the trail, it was a bit bumpy but we were able to maneuver our bikes through it, we were getting closer.

I was preparing myself for what I would tell Dustin to convince him to come back with me, to let me take care of him and keep him safe, I wanted nothing but the best for him and selfishly I wanted to be the one to give him the best, I wanted to be the one that made him smile, laugh I wanted to be the reason he was happy and I would make sure that I was always there to be that for him and to do those things for him whether or not he wanted me to.

We turned going with the trail as it curved around a group of trees before going back to a straight line, I looked at my phone and a smile split across my face, we were here, I looked up and saw that we were in a clearing and not too far from us was a big jeep, I parked my bike and took the keys dropping it in my back pocket, we started to walk to were I could see a giant tent but had to break into a run when we heard someone shout "Dustin!" we ran around the jeep to see two figures running into the tree's the one at the back repeatedly calling out to the person in front and by then I had guessed it was Dustin and his dad.

I sped up my pace going straight through the clearing and breaking into the trees, I threw off my jacket and moved faster, I could see them running ahead of me, Dustin's dad repeatedly calling out for him but he just kept running, I could hear the other's footsteps running behind me trying to catch up, I didn't know where they were going but with the way Dustin's dad was going after him it had to be something bad, I watched as he stretched his long hand out nearly gripping Dustin's jacket but he tripped over a rock and rolled a little before falling face first into the ground, I winced but didn't stop, Brysen stopped and went back to help him.

I ran feeling my legs burning and looked to my side just as I saw someone was running next to me, Becky glanced at me before speeding up her pace, I took off my shirt and tossed it to the side just as we broke out into another clearing, my eyes widened, my heart stopping when I saw where Dustin was headed "Dustin!" I screamed out and for the first time since the chase started he looked back and his eyes widened, he slid to a stop just at the end of the cliff and just stood there before he turned around and looked at me.

I stopped and braced on my knees taking in several breaths of air then stood straight and felt my heart crack just a little at the sight of his tear stained face, I started walking over to him in a fast pace, I wanted to pull him to me and hold him close but my steps faltered when he stepped back going closer to the edge, I just watched as more tears poured down his face and he shook his head, he sniffed and I bit my lip "no, please don't come any closer, stay away." he whimpered out and I sucked my lips into my mouth biting down hard.

"Dustin." I looked back to see Caspian walking with next to his dad supporting him, the man was covered in dirt his cloths and face a complete mess and he had some grazes on it but he didn't act like he ha just fallen, he pulled his hand from Caspian's shoulder and limped closer to where I was stopping when Dustin shifted, I could see the panic in his eyes but he put forward a strong face and stood as tall as he could with what looked liked a sprained ankle "Dustin, please come away from there and let me talk to you, please?" he sounded as if he was begging but all Dustin did was watch him in the eyes and shake his head.

His dad limped closer and stretched his hand out to Dustin "please just come away from there, I'll tell you everything, okay, but I can't think straight knowing that you are standing at the edge of the cliff, please just move forward, please?" he looked desperate and more tears spilled down Dustin's face and he stepped back causing his father to let out a sound between a whine and a whimper that made my heart constrict "okay Dustin don't move back, you can stay where you are just let me explain everything please?" he whined and I could see the tears that were glazing his eyes spill down his bruised cheek, Dustin seemed to consider it and slowly nodded, his dad shifting and looking a little less terrified.