Chapter Forty-Four

That cutie pie up there is Brysen, doesn't he make you just want to kiss him?

Jax 

I walked down the hall going to my class after washing my face, I can't believe I fell asleep in class and had a panic attack, I was thanking the heavens that none of the guys were there and I was only there to do a makeup class. I walked up tot the teacher I came to know as Mrs. Banks, she was a petite thing that only stood at 5'5 with long brown hair and hazel eyes, she was quiet aside from explaining everything to me which was a relief I hate teachers that try to make conversation with you, it's the most awkward thing I have ever experienced.

I was about to push open the door when I heard shouting coming from the room, I pushed a little and peered in to see David and her going at it, she was trying to stay calm while he looked like he was on the verge of having a panic attack "mom just leave it alone, it doesn't fucking concern you, stop pretending like you give a fuck about me, cause you made it so abundantly clear that you didn't when I told you, so just stop it and leave me the fuck alone!" with that he stormed out the door and headed down the hall way, I let out a breath of relief when I realized he didn't see me.

I knocked on the door and pushed it open she quickly wiped her tear filled eyes from under her cat eye glasses, before looking up at me and giving me a forced smile, she quickly picked up a set of papers and shoved them into my hands "you've caught up enough just study those for the next class that you will be taking with the other students and you should be fine, you can go now."

I walked up to her "what was-"

"You can go now!" her normally calm voice was harsh as she turned her back to me, I walked and grabbed up my stuff before walking out the door, something was up with David and she clearly didn't want anyone to know what, I shook my head, if she didn't want anyone knowing then it wasn't my place to try and figure it out.

I stopped at my locker and stuffed all the things inside just as the bell went off, I listened as heavy noise and rushed footsteps poured into the hall, checking the time I realized that we only had a half an hour before practice and I needed to get something to eat. I walked into the cafeteria dodging all the students that were in a rush to leave the school as if they had other important things to do with their lives, right.

I pushed open the doors and saw the other teammates lined up collecting something to eat as well Dustin was there laughing with Jeb, he was getting back to his old self but I could see he was still struggling. Just as I was about to grab something to eat the cafeteria doors flew open and Seth tumbled back inside landing on his ass as David stormed in and was about to say something when he looked up to see all of us watching him.

He glanced at Seth who was now standing up with the help of Jeb before moving over to the line and collecting food, Dustin looked between the two before walking over to Seth and dragging him out of the cafeteria. I walked over to David who just bit his lip and ignored me trying to act as if nothing happened, we all took our seat and dug into our food him finishing before us and leaving through the back as Seth came through the front, what the hell was up with them?

--

I drove down the street  and pulled up in our driveway, I grabbed the key out the ignition and headed inside to see Brysen siting in the couch with papers spread all over the floor as he typed out something "what the hell is all this Brysen?" he looked back at me and rolled his eyes before refocusing on his laptop screen.

"I'm clearly working on a paper, anyway prince charming hows your relationship going, or did you mess this one up like you did all the others?" I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't mess anything up, he said he wasn't ready and asked me to give him sometime to get over his last one." I said plopping down on the couch.

"You mean he needs time to plan his escape from you." he said chuckling.

"Oh just focus on your paper and leave me alone nerd, trying to give me advice on relationships when you've never even had one."

He closed down his laptop and turned to me "it might seem weird to someone who's constantly jumping from relationship to relationship but maybe there is more important things to focus on in life like school or I don't know your future, than who you're going to bone next." with that he got up and ran up the stairs and I listened as his door slammed in before something was thrown across the room.

I heaved a sigh and slumped down in the chair, he always acted like everything was fine but the minute I bring up him never being in a relationship he gets all defensive and then goes up in his room to throw a tantrum. I pulled out my phone and dialed his cause I knew there was no point in going up the stairs when he's not going to open the door, it takes three tries before he finally picks up.

"What do you want spawn of Satan?!" he hissed from the other side.

"Oh calm down Betty boo, what do you want for dinner?"

"Barbecue, duh and don't come back without my offerings." I started laughing at him and he hung up the phone.

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

---

I pulled up in front of the barbecue hut and jumped out only to immediately break into a run, I pushed Nash to the side just before he kicked Dustin. I landed on top of him and repeatedly slammed my fist down on his face until blood was coming out his nose, I got up and turned around to see Dustin sitting in the corner crying with a bloody lip, I walked over and pulled him up holding him to me as he cried.

I rubbed his back and kissed his head as he gripped onto my shirt and continued to cry, I placed another kiss on his head trying to calm him down but his crying got worse. I looked up at the glass for the hut door just in time to see Nash swinging for my head, I let got of Dustin and spun around clocking him straight in his jaw, he stumbled back and I ran up grabbing him by his jacket and kneed him in his stomach, before kneeing him in his face and watching him collapse on the ground.

By this time there was a crowd just watching on as one of the girls that normally served me was trying to calm Dustin down, I walked over and pulled him up into my arms as his body shook and his continued to cry. He buried his face in my neck when I picked him up and carried him inside the hut, I cleaned up his lip and they gave him a glass of water which he didn't drink because he was too busy crying into my chest... once again.