Chapter Thirty-Five

Dustin

I washed my face and headed back to the office walking slowly as I tried to clear my head I stopped and for some reason I felt drawn to my locker, I walked up to it and put in the combination, when it opened a note fell out, I opened it and bit my lip trying to keep back the tears.

'This is what you get for hurting my baby you faggot!' I felt a spike go through my heart, this was Nash's hand writing he did this to me, he never loved me and now it was painfully obvious, I clutched the paper to my chest and leaned against the locker.

I felt someone touch my shoulder and turned around to see my dad, he pulled me to him while keeping his hand on my shoulder and lead me back to the office, the door opened and everyone looked at me, my dad put me to sit down before sitting next to me.

"Dustin are you okay?" I didn't even know I was looking at the floor until I heard coaches question.

Was I okay? that's really a funny question to ask in a situation like this, I heard a cut laugh leave my lips before I bit my lip and shook my head, of course I wasn't okay, my whole life was crumbling and it was all his fault and yet I still loved him.

"Okay then maybe it's best we hurry this up." my dad said with a gruff voice as he gave the headmistress a pointed look.

"Okay Dustin can you please answer my questions quickly?" I nodded still staring at the floor.

"This may sound like a silly question but do you know the man that is in the photos with you." I nodded, at least I thought I did.

"And have the two of you been seeing each other willingly?" I nodded, yes unfortunately.

"Would you be willing to tell us who he is and where he might be?" I shook my head, I want nothing to do with him again, cause I know if i see him again it might just be the end of me.

"Okay then can you tell me how this situation came about?" I studied even though I knew the answer, it was the answer to all these questions, but maybe it should be different.

"Love." I said before licking my lips that were now starting to stick together.

"Would you like to explain?" I nodded and sat up looking her straight in her face.

"I fell in love with him and I shouldn't have, I thought he loved me because of all the things he did for me and the way he treated me, but it was all an act, he wanted something from me and unfortunately he got it, just before he left me." I licked my lips again because it seemed as if the time I did before didn't work.

"What did he want from you?" she looked at her phone screen while asking me this question, she was clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

I stopped as I was about to open my mouth and shook my head, the tears were coming to my eyes again as the memory of that night followed but the memory of the day after flashed in my head, I let out a shaky breath trying to hold it in.

"Was it your virginity?" I turned to my dad looking in his eyes, how could he know? "from the look on your face I'd say I hit the nail on the head." I nodded and looked away from him.

The teacher was about to ask another question when my dad raised his hand signalling her to stop " I think that's enough, his mother and I will ask him the other questions and we'll let you know what we think is important." he got up and pulled me to my feet bringing me close to him.

"But sir we need to find out who did this so we can deal with-" she was cut by my fathers deep and dangerously sounding tone.

"I'll ask him that when it's time and I'll deal with the person that did this, you just focus on fixing your school, so when my boy comes back he doesn't have to deal with any bullshit from the other students." my dad turned and left the office going down the hall with me.

The bell rang just as we were half way down the hall, I watched as the class doors opened and students poured out only to stop in their tracks when they spotted me, I could here an eruption of whispers coming from all of them along with laughter and gasp.

One of the doors opened and Seth with some of the team members came out, Aisha was with them and she gave me a pained look before shaking her head and walking away, we got through the doors and went to the parking lot, I saw my mom in the car and she turned her head away the minute she saw me.

My dad opened the door and let me in, before shutting it and going around to the drivers seat, he got in and pulled off before glancing back at me in the mirror.