Chapter Sixty- Two

I curled up in my camping bag before stretching and opening my eyes, I blinked a few times and looked around the tent to see I was the only one in it, not worried at all I just rested back and closed in my eyes, it was so quiet and breezy early in the morning, so it just made me feel more sleepy as I contemplated going back to sleep, it wasn't like we were in a rush, we didn't plan anything, in fact for the past week everything we did was completely spontaneous, like when we went hiking, or fished for some odd reason, and then we walked to the edge of the cliff and sat in silence for hours, or yesterday when we attempted to hunt a boar and failed miserably, making my dad get upset and pout for the rest of the day, I laughed at the image of a grown man stomping his feet like a five year old.

The past two weeks have been nice and so calming, it made me happy to be away from all the chaos in my life, to be away from school, teacher's, Nash and even Jax, but it's not like I really wanted to be with out him, I just felt it was something I had to do, but after being away for a while and having time to myself, I got to thinking that maybe I wanted to be with him, I wanted him to hold me, to kiss me and to take care of me, now that I thought about it all those months we were together we never went past making out and I wanted to have a chance to have that with him, for him to touch me and make love to me, Nash was my first and my last and I really wanted to change that.

I smiled, he wanted me and I wanted him, maybe we could have that, I could hold back and just wait to see what happens, he said he would love and take care of me, so I could give him a shot, in fact I will when we head back tomorrow, I'm going to find Jax and let him know how I feel, what I want for us and everything he said he wanted to do for me, for us, I'd let him do it and I would love every second of it, I sighed content with my thoughts, I was finally going to try to be happy and at this point there was nothing that could change that.

I was just drifting off back to sleep with a smile on my face when I heard someone call my name, I peeked my one eye open to see my dad standing there, smiling down at me, his hair was tussled, a shades hiding his eyes, he had on a white t shirt, brown lumberjack pants and a big brown jacket with a hood, he looked so happy so I smiled back at him "are you going to get up or do I have to drag you out of this tent?" he asked with a teasing tone and I quickly shot up knowing how child like my dad was and never went back on a threat.

The way I sprinted out of the camping bag made him laugh so hard, that he was soon wiping tears from his eyes and instead of feeling weird about it, I joined him, it felt good to laugh like that again, to see a shinning smile on my dads face and I wanted to see it more often, I know everything that has happened lately was stressing him out and he was starting to get frown lines on his face, so I wanted to be able to make him laugh, for there to be at least one thing that makes him laugh and if I was that one thing I would stick around.

He chuckled "just get dressed quickly, today is our last day here before we pack up and start heading back tomorrow." I nodded and he chuckled again before he was walking away with a smile on his face, I rolled my eyes and started going through my duffel bag for something to wear as I heard him begin to whistle as he moved around, probably making breakfast, I pulled out a black tank top, black pants similar to his and a large green jacket, I grabbed up my combat boots and grabbed some stuff to take a bath with before I headed to the lake.

I quickly got washed dried and then dressed before I was heading back to camp, I slipped on my shades as I made my way down the path and could still hear whistling a long with something frying, I walked over to the center of the camp where my dad was standing over the fire, a wood was hovering above it using two other woods to stand and was holding up a pot with oil in it, I watched as my dad pulled out four eggs from a container we keep the food in and cracked them on the slide of the pan before dropping them to one side of the pan, he then grabbed two giant peaces of bacon and dropped them on the other side.

He had a giant smile on his face as he took out some seasoning and sprinkled them with and then just watched them sizzle for a few minutes before flipping them over, he grabbed up two plates and put two eggs each inside and then put on large peace of bacon on each plate, he hadn't even noticed me as he set them down on one of the logs, it was as if he had slipped into his own world as he cooked, which he always did when we were kids, he would come home late at night and instead of jumping into his bed as you would expect him to he would be in the kitchen frying up something or sticking something in the oven, I guess cooking was his relief for all the stress in his life, but I know with everything that happened lately he hadn't been able to do it and that made me sad to know I was the cost of all of it.

I jumped out of the daze I had slipped into while thinking when he clapped his hand down on my shoulder making me jump, I looked up at my dad startled just as worry pooled into his eyes and he pursed his lips "are you okay Dustin, you were out of it for a bit there?"

I nodded and scratched the back of my neck "yeah I'm fine, was just thinking about when we were kids and used to wake up in the middle of the night to you cooking."

His eyes brightened back as he chuckled "yeah, it was the best I bet that's the reason you're so big and can mow anyone down on the football field." I nodded and we both chuckled "anyho's breakfast is ready come dig in." I nodded and e moved to the logs and started eating, I moaned at the taste of it making my dad glow with pride, oh boy did I just stroke his ego.

After breakfast we cleaned up everything and took all the dishes to be washed up before packing them away, we just sat on the ground with our heads leaning on the logs as we stared up at the sky, it was really peaceful and I wanted it to stay this way for as long as possible, with the the sun shinning bright our shades on to protect our eyes from the glare, the birds somewhere in the trees chirping away the sound of the river flowing not too far from our camp, it was so calming that I found myself drifting off to sleep until I heard my dad shift while clearing his throat and turned to look at him.

He was sitting up and scratching the back of his head while looking completely nervous, to be honest he looked a bit scared when he took off his shades and bit into his lip, worry shot through me and I quickly sat up going to reach for his hand but he shook his head, so I just sat back and watched him while he fidgeted with his fingers and then cleared his throat for the third time, he finally sat still and then turned to look at me, his mouth opened like he wanted to say something but it closed back and he just sat silent for a minute before sighing "Dustin?" I looked at him and nodded eager for him to tell me what was on his mind "I have something I want to tell you, in fact I've wanted to tell you for a while now but every time I think it's time to tell you something happens and just erases the idea completely."

"But I though maybe I should just finally tell you and get it all over with..." he stopped and I furrowed my brows getting impatient and he seemed to sense it because he gulped and chewed on his lip before nodding "Dustin... you are... you're adopted." my eyes widened and he winced waiting for my reaction.

A reaction I just couldn't give because only one thing popped into my mind at that moment, I wanted to die.