Chapter Fifty-Two

I sighed cracking my neck before I slipped on my hat and headed out the door, Jax smiled at me as I walked over to the car but I couldn't return it, so I just got in and pulled on my seat belt before looking out the window, I heard the car start and drive off before he spoke to me "don't worry Dustin, I sure everything is going to be fine today, we'll just go to classes and then a the end of the day, we'll go to practice, all you have to do is focus on what's necessary and ignore the rest." I felt him place his hand on my leg and massage it but I still didn't look at him, I just felt so tired, I felt as if something bad was going to happen today but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Jax pulled into the parking lot and parked the car before we got out and headed to the school, I could feel everyone's eyes on me, it was no surprise that the news had spread around the school already, I could hear people whispering about it and some even went as far as to laugh and make jokes, but I kept my head up, there was no way in hell I was going to give them something else to talk about, I ignored them all and kept my back straight and Jax and I walked in sync. I got to my locker and pulled out my books before we headed through the halls and to our first class, as I did I saw Seth sitting there with some of the team around him, but I ignored them and took a seat at the back next to Jax.

Seth came and took the seat right in front of me spinning around in his seat to face us, he looked at me with a deep frown and scanned my face before he spoke "I can see you're holding up well." I rose a brow at him and he slumped in the chair "I'm happy, I don't want to see you how I saw you yesterday, that really scared me man, you had me thinking you would do something stupid, especially with all the shit you've been going through lately."

I rolled my eyes slouching in my chair as I folded my hand over my chest "oh really I wasn't expecting the new captain to be so worried about the person he booted out, I'm sure you were overjoyed that you finally got the chance to show coach what you can do, to out do the faggot captain, isn't this what you always wanted." I asked sneering at him.

When I was finished he looked as if he had just been slapped  as he watched me with his eyes wide and his mouth open, he leaned in giving me a hurt look "you honestly think I did this? Dustin for Christ sake you're my best friend, why in the world would I want to do this to you." I rolled my eyes looking away "I didn't want this Dus, I've told you time and time again that I was happy being vice captain, I don't want the responsibility and you're more suited as the captain than I am, as far as I'm concerned I'm just keeping your spot until coach puts you back where you're meant to be, I honestly can't believe you'd think I would do something like this to you, you;re my best friend I would never stoop so low." he looked defeated as he turned around facing the board when the teacher came in the class.

I know what I said wasn't cool and I definitely hurt him, but feeling the way I was and my general mood I didn't know what to say and decided keeping my mouth shut was my best option or I'd probably cost more harm than I had, I felt a hand on my leg and turned to look at Jax who gave me a soft as he formed a circle on it, he leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on my head before he turned to face the board and started taking down notes.

-----

I walked out my bio class and headed for my locker on my own, none of my team mates or Jax was around, the only person I saw was David and he was sitting at the front of the class giving the teacher his undivided attention so I'd might as well have been alone in the class, I opened my locker placing my books inside before closing it in and nearly jumping three feet in the air when I saw Aisha standing there, she covered her mouth and started giggling, I glared at her "haha very funny" I shook my head and she stopped laughing as she fanned herself "what do you want Aisha?" she leaned against the locker and smiled at me.

"I just came to see how you were doing, heard what happened yesterday, it spread throught eh school like a wildfire," she stopped and just looked at me "but from the looks of things you seem to be doing well, I'm glad you're not taking it too hard, that was a shitty thing for them to do, I honestly thought people in this school were better than that, but I guess that's a whole though wasted." I nodded and leaned on a locker next to her, she smiled at me before staring across the hall at her friends that seemed to be waiting on her "anyways do you wanna go somewhere to grab lunch, I really want to talk to you and the cafeteria food isn't all that bad but I'm really sick of eating the same thing over and over again, so waht do you say?" I looked from her friends to her and nodded.

"Yeah I'm sick of their food too."

We walked down the hall together, I was looking ahead when I felt her arm inter lock with mine and I looked down to see her smiling at me "don't sweat it everyone know's you're gay and I have a thing for hanging out with gay people." I rolled my eyes and she let out a short giggle.

As we were about to head out the door I saw Jax leaning against the school entrance and he turned to look at me with a questioning look before his eyes darted to the way Aisha was holding on to my arm and he frowned, I walked up to him and told him we were heading to the cafe I'd be back in time for afternoon classes and he said okay before placing a kiss on my head and we both smiled, well until Aisha let out a squeal that had us jumping and looking to her making her give us a sheepish smile.

We walked down the street going to the cafe that was just across from the park, the same cafe that we had last spoken in before she ignore me for a good four weeks, we bought ordered our lunches before we went to the table at the back and sat down, I stared out the window before I heard her sigh and turned to look at her "so here we are?" I nodded and smiled at her before taking a sip of my drink "I guess I should start since I invited you?" I shrugged and she huffed "I'm sorry for being a bitch to you when you needed someone in your corner, and don't bother telling me it was okay, because you know how stubborn I could be."

"Yeah I do."