Dean Winchester

You and Dean have always promised to with each other till the end, dating or not. But who knew the end would be so soon?
-1989-
You were at the park with your mother, having a relaxing Saturday afternoon enjoying the weather and fun at the playground. You were sitting and eating with your mother when a Frisbee landed in front of your eyes, leaving you and your mother confused. You looked to your right and saw a young boy with what looked like his uncle or someone running to your direction. "Sorry, we didn't mean to throw it this way." The boy laughed, making you giggle too. "It's okay, it didn't ruin our food." You both chuckled while the older man and your mother talked, leaving you both to yourselves. "Uh, since I got this in your way, do you want to go play?" You asked your mom if it was okay, she shook her head and continued talking to the older man while you walked down the hill with the boy, feeling all the butterflies in your stomach.
"So are you going to ask for my name?" The boy asked, tossing the Frisbee to you while you ran and tossed it back. "I was waiting for you to ask for mine." You smiled, but then froze. Did that sound to flirty? Was he going to think you liked him? Did he think you were going to give him "Cooties"? His voice caught you out of your thoughts. "My names Dean" "My names y/n" you blushed, were you really starting to like a kid you just met?
-1994-
You and Dean were in high school now, mostly had the same classes, and always walked home together. You met his little brother Sam on the first day of being there, he was always like your little brother too but Dean seemed more than a brother to you. You've grew to have feelings for that dork more than you ever had for anyone, but he would never feel the same. (So you thought)
"Give me back my books!" Sam yelled, trying to reach his book from the bully's hand. "Aww, does wittle baby want his book? To bad." The taller kid laughed, pushing Sam into his locker. Dean walked passed you and threw the kid against the locker doors, slamming his back hard against it with his shirt in his fist. "Give me the damn book, kid." Dean snarled while you walked over and helped Sam out of his locker. "Let's get you out of here" You said, wrapping your arm over Sam's small shoulder. "But my books" he frowned. "Dean's going to get them don't worry, let's go get you a soda." You smiled while he smiled back.
"What are you going to do about it?" He laughed, spitting in his face after. Dean wiped the spit off his face with his sleeve and punched the kid in the nose, making him groan in pain. "I could be your worst nightmare buddy, now do you really want that over a few books?" The kid dropped the books as Dean dropped him, than ran away.
"Here's your books, you okay?" Dean asked Sam, giving him a worried look. "Yeah, I got soda so I'm good." Sam laughed, making Dean chuckle too. He gave you a smile and a soft "thank you", making your heart pound what seemed like a thousand times a second. "Tough as nails, aren't you Sammy?" He smiled, giving him a pat on the back while giving you a wink, making you nearly pass out.
-1996-
"Do you really have to go? Why can't you and Sammy stay and live with me?" You frowned at Dean. "My dad...he wouldn't allow that." Dean sighed, itching the back of his head and not looking at you in the eyes. "Promise you won't leave, promise you'll always come back to me." Dean finally looked at you with tears running down his face, one of his eyes black and purple. He said him and Sam got in a fight, but you knew that wasn't the truth but if he didn't want to tell you the truth, you respected his wishes. "Always." He sniffled, pulling out his necklace under his shirt that had half of a heart on it. You looked down at your chest and looked at the other half, blinking the tears away.
You ran up to Dean and gave him a tight, long hug full of the sounds of your guys sniffles, and the wetness of your tears. "This was the most fun I've ever had." *if you know where that's from, bravo to you ;)* Dean said into your hair while you cried and tightened onto his jacket. "It isn't over yet Dean, this isn't goodbye." Dean rubbed your back softly, leaving a soft kiss on your head.
Dean and Sam were the only two friends you've ever had. They've helped you with bullies, when you were stressed with school they'd always bring pizza over and watch The Three Stooges with you to cheer you up, which always worked. If you and your mom got in a heated argument Dean would let you come over and cry into his chest, then not complain about the wetness on his shirt. He would let you eat his last piece of pie, no matter how bad he wanted it. He would make you soup when you were sick, and buy you 50 dollars worth of chocolate when you were craving it. He would always laugh at your jokes, even if they weren't funny. And most of all he just always made sure that you were okay.
He looked down and wiped your tears away with his thumbs, giving you a soft broken smile before leaning down and planting his lips softly on top of yours, leaving you weak. You placed your hands on his neck and kissed back as hard as you could, letting all the tears flow as you did while he didn't hold back and did the same. He hopped and prayed to himself that he would see you again, cause he knew how much he needed you to survive.
"Not goodbye." You smiled. "No, just see you again."
-2008-
You were walking into the bar when you noticed a black 67 Impala that looked a lot like Johns, but there was no way. You shook your head and laughed to yourself, then walked inside. "A beer please." You sighed. You told the bartended you'd be right back, walked into the bathroom to clean off for the night, not wanting anyone to notice the blood covered all over your skin. You took a paper towel and cleaned the dirt and vampires blood off your face, hands and clothes then walked back out, seeing someone in your seat. You walked up angrily, tapping him on the shoulder with your other hand bundled in a fist that's ready to punch until he turned around, and you knew right away who it was.
"Y/N/N?" Dean smiled in amazement. "Dean?" You said softly, taking in every feature. He jumped up and hugged you so tight you thought your bones were going to break in any second, but you didn't care. "Son of a bitch! It's so good to see you!" He laughed excitedly, hugging you again. "We gotta catch up! Do you want to come over to my place?" You nodded in agreement.
You sat in the front seat of his car, both of your smiles never leaving each other's faces. You decided to get your car the next morning, taking the keys with you so nobody could steal it. You didn't want to leave Dean's side. You looked at his cd's and smiled to yourself. "What's funny?" "You still listen to classic rock" "hey, classic rock will ALWAYS be my love." He chuckled, taking the cd and placing it in. "Oh, I see where I stand." You laughed, stopping when you realized what you said. "Nah, you'll always be my number one. You always have been." He smiled, tapping your nose with his finger after as if you were five, leaving you red as a tomato.
You guys were chatting down the road, catching up and talking about memories when you looked ahead and noticed something, the necklace hanging from the mirror. You placed it between your fingers, catching Dean's attention as he stared between the road and at you. You pulled yours out from underneath your shirt and showed him you still owned it too, all he could do was smile.
-
When you finally pulled in you looked around in amazement. "Smart idea, living in the bunker as a hunter." You said, looking around at all the trees covering the stars and admiring how quiet it was. "Yeah, it helps a lot." Dean sighed, wrapping his arm around your shoulder and looking up in the sky, but he didn't notice you were looking at him, cause he's the stars to you.
You walked in and nearly fell to the floor. "Sammy?" You smiled, seeing him drop his glass of water when he noticed who you were. He ran up to you and gave you a tight hug, almost as tight as Dean's and buried his face into your neck, smiling against it. "Look at you! I bet you could take on those bullies by yourself now huh?" You laughed, making him chuckle too. "Nah, you're more badass than me." He smiled, nudging your shoulder with his elbow.
You all three sat at the table and had some coffee, both remembering how you liked it. "So what have you been up to?! It's been soooo long! I was starting to worry I wouldn't see you again." Sam sighed. "Nah, I'm gonna be up your boys asses forever." You laughed, making them laugh too. "My mom passed away a few months after you guys left, demon killed her. I got the son of a bitch, and that's basically how it all started. Been on the road ever since, now here I am." You sighed, running your fingertips up and down your arm. Sam placed his hand on top of yours and gave you a guilty smile. "We're here for you y/n, do you uh have anywhere to stay?" "No, I've either been in my car or motel." "Well this is your home now." Dean joined in, giving you and Sam a pat on the shoulder. That's where your story started.
-Few months later-
Drugs have been a battle with you since your mother passed away. Without Sam and Dean you had no one, not even Bobby cause he lived back where Sam and Dean were moving back to. You took heroine and any pills you could find to numb the pain, but it never worked. You thought now that you had a home with your boys, the feeling would go away but they kept coming so you kept a stash In your dresser drawer, bad idea.
"What the fuck is this?" Dean asked, throwing the needles and bottle pills on your bed in front of you. You looked at the wall, trying not to make eye contact until he slammed his hand on the dresser to catch your attention. "Fucking tell me right now." He said with force, trying to hold back the tears with anger. "They're...I haven't been using them." You said softly. "They're mostly fucking empty!" His voice broke. "I'm...I was trying to stop but ... I got the urge to do it again, I'm sorry Dean.." You sobbed while shaking like a leaf. Dean's face relaxed as he sat next to you on the bed and cradled you in his arms, shushing you as you cried. "It's okay sweetheart, I'm here now okay? I'm not leaving again, I promise." He mumbled into your hair, running his hand through it as he whispered sweet things to calm you down.
He kissed the scars on your arms and told you everything he loved about you as he did. "The sparkle of your y/e/c eyes" "The way your hair flows" "Your soft hands that always feel so warm" "The way you crinkle your nose when you smile at me" 'Your love for coffee is adorable, even though the way you take it sucks" he chuckled against your skin. "And what I admire most of all, is how you still remember everything."
-
After that he's helped you the nights you were crying in pain, the nights you've been begging to take the shots again, when you would punch, kick, scream and cry all he would do is sit you down and tell you how much he loved you. He told you how strong you were, and how you would kick this addictions ass. You beat it, you beat it with him. And most of all, he didn't even tell Sam. He knew this wasn't who you were, this was just a problem that needed solved. And he respected your wishes with not telling Sam.
-2009-
"You never told me about Dad." You said out of the blue, you always called John dad along with the boys. Dean looked at you with a sad look, then looked back at the TV. You rolled off the bed and sat on his lap, looking at him in the eyes. "You can trust me Dean – O." He sighed and turned down the tv. "He died a few years after we left." You let him continue his story, knowing there was more of it than that.
"The day we left, a few hours before I told you about us leaving I told him how much I hated him. How much I hated him for taking me away from the only person who liked me, who understood me other than my booger nose brother. He got mad and hit me, that's where the black eye came from. He punched me and threw me on the ground, Sam had to pull me away by my jacket. He cried, I cried and my dad went to the bar to get shitfaced drunk. Before he died he told me how proud he was of me, and how he loved me. But I'm not sure if I believe it, who could hurt someone they love, you know?" By now Dean was in tears, and so were you.
You laid your head on his chest, hearing his heart beat and the sound of his sobs above you. You ran your hand up and down his arm as he cried. "I know Dad was proud of you, Dean. He would never stop bragging about you." You chuckled. "He loved you, so much." "Promise me something y/n?" Dean asked randomly. "Promise you'll always come back to me." You kissed Dean softly, feeling his hands cup your face as he kissed softly back. "I always have, haven't I?" Eventually Dean fell asleep while you lied awake, running your fingers in his hair so he'd sleep peacefully.
-Now-
"Don't you die on me y/n! Don't you leave me too!" Dean screamed over his tears, tearing off his shirt to use to cover the stab wound with while you were coughing up blood, holding your hand over the wound. "Damn it, fuck! Cas!" He cried in panic, pressing down on your wound as much as he could. "Come on baby girl, you've pulled through so much you can do this too!" You ran your hand shakily over his cheek, he leaned his head in your hand, holding onto it tightly.
"Please, you promised you wouldn't leave! ..." You coughed up more blood, he placed his thumb over it and wiped it off your face. "Not....goodbye....see you later..." you breathed out. Dean looked up at the sky and remembered the night he first brought you home. He remembered how excited he was for you to see Sam again, to see Bobby again and to meet Cas. Bobby cried when he saw you, that was the first time Dean ever saw Bobby cry. He remembered how you were next to him when he died. You all three were a crying mess but you still hugged him and Sam as if you never would again. You helped them both recover after, even if it was hard for you to recover yourself.
You and Cas were best buds. The first day you met him you kept poking his sides in amazement that he was an actual angel.
-Flashback-
"Y/N, This is Cas. He's family, he's saved us more times than I can count." Dean smiled next to Cas. Cas reached his hand out to shake yours while you gladly shook back. "Always nice to meet another human." You smiled, while Cas tensed up and looked at Dean with worry. "Oh, Cas isn't a human. He's an angel." Your jaw dropped in amazement, and to think you didn't believe in that stuff. "And to think I didn't believe in that stuff!" You laughed while Cas gave you a "displeasing look". "Oh, sorry dude I didn't mean to offend you." "Apology accepted" He smiled while you smiled back.
You all ate dinner at the table together, talking about anything and everything. Dean was mostly talking about Bon Jovi while Sam was trying to talk about the next case. "Why are you poking me, y/n?" Cas asked. "Cause I never poked an angel before." You chuckled, poking him again. Sam and Dean smiled at each other, remembering they were the same way when they both first met Cas.
You and Cas became best friends. You taught him a few things about Game Of Thrones, and talked about your childhood with Sam and Dean.
-End of flashback-
"Tell Sam and Cas that I love them, please?" You begged. Dean didn't answer and just nodded, not wanting to think of moving on after this. "And don't blame yourself, okay?" He shook his head. "Dean, this was nowhere near your fault. Not everything is your fault, so please be kind to yourself. You remember when I was addicted to drugs? Who helped me? You. Who was my first friend? You. Who held me those nights I was crying in pain from the drugs? You. You've helped me more than I can explain, Dean. You taught me what true love was since the beginning, when we were little dorks playing with toys and jamming out to AC/DC together while doing homework."
You both cried at the memories, knowing there won't be any more after this. Dean wrapped his arms around you softly, trying not to cause you anymore pain that you're already in. He hugged you, like the first time he saw you again at that bar but this time? It was softly, not tight. And this time? It was tears of sadness, not tears of joy.
You ran your hand up to his necklace and traced over it softly, smiling while you did. Dean looked down at your hand and kissed it, it already felt cold. He leaned down and kissed you for the last time, but as if it was the first time. As if it was like how it was that day he was leaving. After you both pulled away you started crying in pain, feeling everything start to shut down and finish. "Dean, it hurts.." You cried, hearing him sob too.
"It's okay baby it's okay, you won't be in pain anymore. You're going to get to see your mom again, and dad.." You gripped onto his hand and cried, feeling his tears drip onto your hand. "This...was the most fun...I've ever had..." you choked, starting to lose your vision. "I love you.." was the last thing you said, and the last thing you heard back.
Dean didn't say anything, all he did was sob into your chest, taking in the smell of your perfume for the last time. The smell of your perfume as always been his favorite, no matter how many times he picked on you for it. He kissed your forehead for the last time with your necklace in his hands. He picked up the gun from his pocket, placed his forehead against yours, squeezed his eyes shut tight and placed the gun to his head.
"This isn't goodbye...It's just see you later." Before he heard the sound of Sam and Cas's screams of his name, the loud shot of the gun took over.