Jefferson

You sighed bringing Grace closer to you, reading a book to her as you awaited for her father's return - also your husband. Grace wasn't your child through blood, but you saw her as your daughter. It was a rocky relationship at the start, too complicated to go into really.
"The hunter pulled the angel in closely and softly pressed his lips against his loves, nobody could destroy this moment. No monster, No human, No witch. His brother leaned against his car-
"Mama, what is a car?" Grace asked curiously, leaning her head back to look up at your face. A smile pulled at your lips and shrugged,
"Something imaginary, Sweetheart, at least in this realm"
"They sound strange" she pulled a face at the thought of the imaginary beast.
"Perhaps someone is reading about trots, thinking how strange it is how we travel on a horse. Remember, something strange to us could be perfectly normal for another"
"I guess that makes sense" Grace smiled, snuggling back into your arms to finish reading the book, that was until Jefferson walked in and she jumped up happily and wrapped her arms around him.
"Hello Papa! I've missed you!" she beamed, he laughed and picked her up and kissed her cheek. You watching them with a smile on your face, you couldn't believe you were apart of this family.
"I missed you also, Princess Grace. I also missed the Queen of the household!" He smiled, you took that as a signal to hug him and kiss his lips earning a "ew!" from Grace, both of you laughed.
"And what is a Princess and Queen without their King?" You adored it when he played like this, you weren't the richest family in the village. But the amount of love and care would make any royal jealous.
"Stronger, however a King without his Princess and Queen is a Broken man, Darling - Now –" he looked at Grace to see her facing the other way talking to Mr Bear about what a car will look like "-Where's my real kiss?"
"Right here, my love"
~~
Anger built up within Jeffersons gut, the flash black playing in his mind over and over again, haunting him every waking moment, every night without a break. That was the last memory he had of his darling (y/n) and his beautiful daughter Grace. (y/n) still went by the same name, however Grace was now known as Paige. Both in different families, Grace was just another Kid to (y/n) and (y/n) was just another adult to Grace. Jefferson wasn't even a face in the crowd, he lived in the woods - he lived in a mansion, something he dreamed of being able to share with the two women in his life, now? Now what, he separated himself, remembering was the worst curse imaginable.
He can't stay away any longer, it was eating at him, his soul being engulfed by more blackness. The Saviour had to believe sooner or later, but until then, what? Watch his wife to be anothers? The same for his daughter, just watch her be someone elses? It hurt, it was his family not theirs. He's happy Grace is still with his neighbours, he trusts them but that doesn't't stop him from wanting to rip their goddamn - Breathe, Jefferson, Breath - What made his even more angry, even more sour? The man who (y/n) is supposedly married to used to stalk her, used to admire her and send her gifts to win her heart... now he had it, it wasn't real, no it was a curse, but he still thinks he has it...
He's got to see her!
~~ meeting 1 ~~
You sighed loudly as you made your way to Grannys Diners, you finally got off work and decided you deserved a much needed coffee... Today the mayor was driving you crazy, not to mention things have gotten stupidly busier since that Emma came into town. Having to run after Henry, getting in between arguments. Honestly! It was getting exhausting. When you went inside you ordered a coffee to go, smiling at henry in the corner with his book. He never let that thing leave his side, it was actually amazing how attached he was too it, when you left you noticed a man on the other side of the road. He was tall, his hair messy and just sat there on the bench day dreaming across the road, your stomach jumped at the look of the man and a uneasiness filled your stomach but there was something, familiar about him. You shrugged it off and continued your journey home, the man buried at the back of your mind.
~~ meeting 2 ~~
Your fingers tapped away at your phone, informing the mayor that you were on your way. It was saturday and it was meant to be your day off, apparently not. You had a coffee in one hand, paperwork under your arm and like said your phone in the other, You weren't paying attention to anything and that's when you collided with a firm body causing the boiling hot coffee to spill over you and the other person.
"Mother Fu–" You forced your hand under your arm causing the paperwork to fly everywhere.
"Oh my! I'm terribly sorry I wasn't watching where i was going!" He bent down to pick up the papers and you began to pick them all up before the wind decided to help.
"Oh no, it was mine. I shouldn't be on my phone carrying a hot drink - God I'm so clumsy, I'm so so sorry I hope I didn't-" in the midst of your rambling you looked at the man, it was the one from a few weeks ago! The stranger that's been haunting your dreams, your speech faded and you shut your mouth looking down at your red hand.
"No, it was mine. I'm sorry I should've walked around you - I was in my own little world, I'm mad like that" he joked, a slight chuckle taking his tone. You smiled grimly in return. "Oh dear, your hand is burnt!"
"Nah, just... the sun" you tried to joke, moving your hand but a burning sensation shot through your nerves.
"C'mon, we should get some cold water on it"
"No, no I can't - I've got to get to the mayor's office, she'll kill me if I don't turn up"
Something flashed in the man's eyes, it seemed like anger. But for some reason the glint behind his eyes seemed familiar? You took the chance to really acknowledge his features and the first thing you wanted to do was run your hands through the messy, brown that seemed to have no care in the world. Your heart slammed against your ribcage and your breathing seemed to stop when your eyes lingered on his lips.. No, this was wrong. You were a married women! But you never felt this way before Jonathan, nothing as strong and as... well meaningful as this. Which was ridiculous, this man is a complete stranger!
"Honestly I'm okay" You replied with a smile, "I'll fix it at work, oh hey, whats your name?" you asked finally, ignoring the way how you felt your ribcage expand.
"Jefferson, and okay I'll take your word for it" He responded with, tightening the straps on his gloves "May I ask what your name is?"
He was such a Gentlemen.
"(y/n)" you smiled finally balancing out the papers in your hands, "I'll talk to you later Jefferson, now I've got to go"
~~ Jeffersons pov: ~~
His entire body shivered when she said his name, its been so long.. so so long. The way she looked at him too, the way her beautiful eyes lingered on his lips and how they seemed to dance on the outline of his face. It was something she did back in the day before they got together. It was their second meeting then too, Jefferson was dancing on the inside and he felt like his whole body was on fire. Not only that but he felt like he was falling in love all over again, when he spend every day with her he was falling deeper in love with her. But this was different, it wasn't new but it was.
Jefferson felt bad though, he didn't want to hurt (y/n) the way he did. By God, did he just want to take his loves hand and kiss it all over then gently put her hand under the cold water. He also couldn't help how the anger built up in his eyes at the mention of Regina, the fact that (y/n) out of everyone else ended up being her secretary? It was no coincidence. She knew it would get to him the most, he also can't get the image out of his head of her smirking laughing behind her fake persona.
~~ back to readers pov ~~
All day you felt light headed, it was a strange feeling. Every Time you thought of the man with messy hair and sea-green eyes your heart beat faster, you felt the blood travel around your body and your brain wouldn't function properly. This was wrong, completely totally wrong- you were married, he was called Jonathan, your h u s b a n d
Husband. That was it, you paused and let your hand fall on the table in front of you, your eyebrows knitting together in confusion. You feel this way about Jonathan. When looking at him you didn't feel the spark there like you and Jefferson. (Y/n) and Johnathan, (y/n) and Jefferson. You sighed dreamily at how that sounded, god you shouldn't be thinking like this. It was wrong.
But lets be honest, you don't remember even marrying him, or the proposal, or the first date. Its like a large gap of your life has been magically pulled from your brain. It left you lost at times but it wasn't the first time you thought it. All you know is day in, day out both of you leaving work, ordering a take-away then going to bed. There was no magic spark there, at least not from you. It was like your heart wasn't in on it, but your head was forcing you, trying to persuade you to love him?
~ 3rd meeting ~
You walked into Grannys Diners and you were finally relaxed, you had a day off and your mind was at ease. However it was still wondering every moment of the brown eyed heartthrob. Goddamn you really needed to get a grip, you ordered your hot chocolate and sat down near the far end of the café. Sighing, you looked out the window waiting for your husband to get off work.
Husband, yes, the one you keep forgetting about.
Perching your lips, your eyes looked at the steaming cup. You watched the smoke drift off in the air and evaporate. You wished you could do that right now, honestly your life was a goddamn mess.
"(y/n)?" You knew that voice, that sweet velvet voice, the voice that could make protests stop, the type of voice that if it was honey it could cure the worst of throats. Yeah, that voice.
"Oh, Hi Jefferson" You smiled warmly,
"May I take a seat" He asked, gesturing to the opposite one in front of you.
"I'm meeting my husband soon" you responded dryly, not being aimed at him but he seemed to understand.
"I'll be off then, forgive me if i disturbed you"
"No wait, actually-" You cut him off before he had chance to turn around, "You can stay until he comes, but when he does"
"– Yeah, I got it" he responded with a forced smile but his voice held the same chirpy tone. He took a seat and you wasted no time asking him the question you wanted to ask all them weeks ago.
"Do you feel like, a chunk of your life is missing?" You asked, feeling a bit stupid.
This is when Jeffersons heart started hammering away, his voice became dry and his tongue felt heavy. It was such a simple question, but it had the answer to everything. He distracted himself by taking a sip of his tea, now you felt like the craziest person sitting in this place. You were going to apologize to him but he answered before you could -
"Actually, yeah I do" he spoke, his voice cracking.
"No, like I don't even remember mine and my husbands wedding, or his proposal. Or even our first date! Those are things you should remember, right? Those moments that make fairy tales seem real, the memories that we cling to because that's the only magic in this world and without these moments our lives are-"
"Oh, Hey (y/n) and friend" her husband greeted, your heart shattered and jefferson put a hand over the top of yours.
"Everything will make sense, in time. I promise" and with that he got up, apologized to his wife's fake husband and left. The last things he heard was "what was that about, babe?" and the "oh, nothing".
Jefferson's heart hurt, it burned. It stung so much he was about to walk to Regina and ask her personally to remove it. He was going to make Emma believe, goddammit she has to believe - not even Wonderland made him feel this insane.