Luke Hemmings AU

Y/N's POV:
Flashback:
"C'mon Y/N!" He exclaimed, piercing blue eyes watching me as we ran around the castle together, giggling like youngsters do. We ran around the corner and stopped as we heard yelling from our parents. "Ben and Y/S/N can't get married! They're only thirteen!" I heard my mother say. "If you didn't want the two kingdoms to come together, you should've just said." I heard Luke's father say. "Look, we don't have to make any rash decisions now. Just wait a few years until they're a little more independent." Liz attempted to calm her husband. "No. I'm not having this embarrassment and disgrace. I can't believe you two. Our two kingdoms have been allies for years and when we suggest to join the two you make out I'm the mad one here." He shouted. Luke looked at me with scared eyes. We knew what this meant. We didn't like our parents shouting, and we knew this argument wasn't going to be resolved easily. He hugged me, realising I was scared as we heard both sets of parents arguing. "Fine. If you don't wish to be friends, then enemies is fine with me. BEN! LUKE! JACK!" He screamed and before I knew it Luke was ripped out of my arms. "NO! NO LUKE!" I screamed as my father held me back from running to the boy being held by his father. "You can't do this. You can't take away my best friend." I cried, struggling but my father kept a tight grip. When he finally let go I ran sobbing to the courtyard where the carriage was riding away, and Luke screamed my name out the back window as it drove further and further from the castle.
Present Day:
Over the years, disliking had turned into war. The two kingdoms were plotting against one another and attacking to and fro. It's not easy when you think how close I was to the Royal Family.
"Y/N, are you sure you're going to be okay? I don't think it's safe, think of how vulnerable you are." My father tried to persuade me otherwise. My older brother had a menacing glare on him as he stared at me. "I'll be fine, I've got a dagger with me." I reassured him smiling at him and pecking him on the cheek before pulling myself up on the horse and galloping out of the courtyard and into the woods.
I came to the edge, the boarder line, where the two kingdoms meet and he was already standing there waiting for me. "I thought you weren't gonna come." He came over, helping me off the saddle. "I just ran off after my father said he didn't think it was safe. My older brother already thinks it's outrageous that a woman wants to help with the war, if he found out I was meeting you he'd flip." I told him, looking up at the boy towering above me. I placed my arms around his neck and his around my waist, both pairs of arms right around our bodies, as if afraid to let go of each other. "I'm running out of excuses to come and see you." I mumbled in his shoulder. "Same." He told me, pulling away. We both sat on the tree trunk and I lay my head on his shoulder. "I wish we didn't have to fight Luke. Think of how if our parents never fought then it'd be just like before, we'd be best friends getting to see each other like usual." I said. "Well, we're still best friends. Nothing is ever gonna change that. But we can't undo what's already been done." He said, resting his head on mine. And I didn't even realise that we both had begun slipping into a sleep.
——————————————————-
"Well, well, well." I heard in darkness. Opening my eyes I found my older brother towering over me. I then suddenly realised where I was. Luke was here lying with me and his arm around my waist. All of a sudden I was being pulled up by Knights and many had a grip on Luke. "No! NO! LUKE! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" I shouted at my brother as he ordered them to punch him bloody. I was being held back, reminded of that memory so many years ago where I couldn't do anything but watch. I cried as he saw me, still taking punches from them. "AS YOUR PRINCESS I COMMAND YOU TO STOP!" I yelled at them and Luke was left with blood trailing from his head and his lip, staring at me. "We shall take him to trial before the King before you can beat him to death without a sentence." I told them. They put shackles on him and me before forcing us onto horses and taking us to the castle.
———————————————————-
There were 10 people standing in the throne room. Me, my brother, my parents, my 3 sisters, 2 guards and Luke. "May I ask why when I ask you to go search for our daughter you come back with her in shackles? And with the enemies son as well?" I could see my father getting angry. "Let them both go immediately." He told the guards. As soon as we were free, Luke fell in agony. I immediately went to the ground with him, attempting to hold him up and keep him conscious. "This is your doing." I told my brother. "No, you've been the one fraternising with enemy. This is all your doing Y/N." He told me, a pleased smirk on his face. "Explain please, and can someone fetch the doctor for this boy!" The King said.
"Stay awake. Stay with me Luke." I whispered.
"She has been seeing him every time she left. She should be killed. It's most likely she's been helping them so she can overthrow us. Then she can claim the throne for herself!" He accused. My father turned to me.
"I've known Luke since I was a baby. He was my best friend and still is. I love him and I can't be separated from him just because you and the Hemming's had a falling out. But how were we meant to do it without you all stopping us? Because everyone believes we hate each other when we can't because we know each other too well to change our opinions of each other now. I'm not willing to lose him." I poured out.
"Help me stand." He mumbled, as I allowed him to lean on me in order for him to rise. "Sire, your majesty, it's my fault your daughter's involved in this. I was the one who sent secret notes into the castle, arranging meet ups and it was originally my idea. Because I love her too." He said weakly. "But I agreed with it, making me just as guilty." I contradicted.
"Look at them. They're both just as weak as each other. What's the point of letting them live? We could lose this war because of them and they should both be hung." My brother argued.
"Just because you wish to have complete dominance over all kingdoms does not mean you hang everyone who gets in your way." I told him.
"Why how dare you, you little whore. I should," and his hand began raising. Expecting some impact, it never came. Luke had moved in front of me, but I could see him gripping my brothers wrist. "You don't hurt her, family or not, you never hit a woman." Luke growled. "Y/N, go over to your sisters." He told me. I ran from behind his back to my sisters who had open arms and protectively wrapped them around me, hugging tightly and staring at my brother in shock.
"You cannot do that! That is abuse! I will not stand for-" "You have caused that boy much more abuse than he has caused you." My father interrupted. "Y—yyyess sire. Buuuu—ttt-" he stuttered. "GO TO YOUR CHAMBERS NOW! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS WITHOUT MY CONSENT. GUARDS!" He yelled, and they dragged him back to his room. The doctor was checking over Luke, and I was sighing with relief. My parents came down off their thrones and my father went "Don't think I'm done with you yet Y/N." He said. I ran over to Luke and hugged him tightly. "Ow." He said. "Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I forgot." I apologised in a rushed manner. "What did he say?" He asked, as the doctor started leading him to the medical room. "He still needs to speak with us." I told him. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "Hey, hey. Come here." He said holding me. Kissing me on the head he squeezed me before the Doctor physically dragged him away from me. I couldn't have him taken away again. We couldn't be separated again.