Pietro Maximoff and Steve Rodgers

Yours and Pietro's relationship was one that had burned hard and fast, so when it reached it's inevitable end neither of you walked away without any scars. Sat in the room Tony had lent to you since your break up you busied yourself by packing for your next mission. As your relationship with Pietro had developed, he became increasingly protective of you on missions, despite your advanced skill set, and in the end you had left him, fed up of being babied and followed around, making it hard to actually do your job. The moment you realized your relationship was coming to an end you had signed up for the longest mission available, which just so happened to be over a yearlong, you wanted to prove a point to both yourself and your ex-boyfriend that you were perfectly capable of looking after yourself on missions. Slinging your duffle bag over your shoulder you headed up to the landing pad, ready to put this whole mess behind you.
"Agent Y/N." Steve greeted as you boarded the quinjet. "Captain." You nodded, unloading your bag on one of the benches. "I'm glad to hear you'll be joining me, your skills would be a great help." He said with a small smile gracing his lips. "Happy to be of assistance Cap." You smirked, leaning up against the door jam. "It's going to be a long flight, you should get some rest." He murmurs, casting his eyes out the front window. "I might just do that." You mutter lying down on the makeshift bed. "I uh... heard about you and Maximoff..." Steve coughs, still looking out the front of the jet. "I'm sorry." He sighed, flickering his eyes over to yours before snapping them back to the window. "Don't be." You murmured, clutching the pillow to your chest. "You should get some sleep as well Cap, we have a long few months ahead of us." You smiled slightly, closing your eyes and turning your face into the softness of the quilt. "Yeah, I probably should." Steve sighed, rubbing his eyes before laying his head on the back wall.
1 Year Later
Getting over Pietro hadn't been an easy task; even now part of you still felt nothing but love for the Sokovian, however over time your heart had moved on. "Hey Doll, you ready to go home?" Steve asked, sitting down next to you and taking your hand in his. "Of course." You sighed, casting your gaze to the ground. "Your worried about what Maximoff will say?" Steve asked, gently coaxing your gaze up to his. "Of course I am!" You exclaimed, throwing your hands up in the air. "What the hell am I meant to say to him? Oh hey Pietro, long time no see, oh by the way after breaking your heart and leaving for over a year I'm back with my new boyfriend, oh and he's also your team mate." You babbled, throwing your head back against the wall and groaning in annoyance. "We don't have to say anything if you don't want to." Steve murmured, though his eyes conveyed his heartbreak on even suggesting it. "Of course I want to tell them Stevie, I love you and I don't want to keep that a secret from our friends." You murmured cupping his face in your hands. Smiling he placed a light kiss on your lips before grabbing your hand a pulling you up from your seat, "Let's go home." Steve grinned, tucking you under his arm and pulling you along side him. "Yeah, home." You smiled, wrapping your arms around his waist.
On exiting the quinjet you were met with the smiling faces of all your teammates. "Y/N!" Wanda's voice rang out as the Sokovian ran up and engulfed you in a hug. "Hey Wand, how've you been?" You asked pulling back and cocking an eyebrow. "Good yeah." She blushed slightly as her gaze flickered over to Vision. "I'm glad you grinned, linking your fingers back with Steve's. "So the Captain?" Wanda whispered in your ear. Nodding you smiled shyly. "I'm happy for you really." She smiled slightly before furrowing her eyebrows. "You need to talk to him though, you owe him that much." She murmured. "I know." You sighed. "So Captain, we're going to need that mission report?" The calm voice of Maria Hill rang from the side. "Of course right away." Steve smirked, looking down at you. Nodding you kissed him on the cheek. "I'm gonna go speak to Piet." You whispered in his ear before unwinding yourself from him. "Are you sure you don't want me with you?" He asked, catching your hand. "It's better I do it alone." You nodded, running your thumb over his knuckles, "I'll see you in a bit?" You asked, a small smile on your lips. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." Your boyfriend grinned before following after Hill.
Pushing the large glass doors of the gym open you took a seat on the nearest bench and waited for Pietro to slow down from his mad dash around the room. As the blonde Sokovian finally began slowing down his eyes quickly locked onto yours. In seconds he was right in front of, towering over your small form. "What do you want?" He all but growled. "To talk." You murmured, standing up and gently brushing past him. "The time to talk was over a year ago, when you broke my heart and all but disappeared." He growled, arms crossed across his chest. "Look Piet..." You sighed, bowing your head slightly. "Did it even cross your mind what it did to me when you left? Did you even love me at all?" He snarled, blue eyes clouded with unshed tears. "Of course I did, I loved you more than anything! I still do!" You whispered, taking a step closer to him. "Then why did you leave?" He whimpered, casting his eyes to the ground. "Because I needed time and space, and so did you." You murmured, walking up to him and cupping his cheek in your palm. "Do you think we could ever be us again?" Pietro whispered, eyes locked onto yours. "Piet... you know I'm with Steve now..." You murmured, taking a step back as his hand wrapped around your waist. "But you said yourself, you still love me.... So why can't things just go back to normal?" He croaked, breathe hitching in his throat. "I do love you Piet, part of me always will, but I also love Steve. He's good for me, you'll find someone I know you will." You murmured, wrapping your arms around his neck as he buried his face in your shoulder. "I really fell for you Y/N." Pietro mumbled against your skin. "I'm sorry Speedy." You murmured, kissing him on the cheek before leaving him alone once again. "I wished I'd never fallen." Pietro whispered to himself, watching as the doors swung shut behind you.