Barry Allen

You were tired after a long day of work at Jitter's. Or at least it felt like a long day because Barry, your good friend and long time crush had not come in yet. Usually he came in around lunch time and yet it was one thirty and you had not seen him.
Having a crush on him was difficult since you were positive he was in love with Iris and honestly why wouldn't he be, she is gorgeous and super smart, meanwhile you believed yourself to be average in every way. Sighing you stood up and grabbed the washrag to go clean off some tables that had recently been vacated.
"(Y/N)!" You heard Barry call from the front of the cafe. You grinned and turned around.
"Barry! Hey, where have you been?" You hoped you didn't sound too needy. You weren't usually like this around people you were interested in, but something about Barry made you feel a little clingy, which you hated.
"Work, weird case today so I couldn't take my break at the usual time." He responded wearily.
"Weird how?" You asked going around the counter to prepare his usual drink.
"It looks like another one of those meta-human attacks."
"Cool! Well I mean that's terrible, but the whole meta-human thing is pretty interesting. Especially how The Flash is using his powers for good." You replied not looking up from the drink you were preparing, so you didn't notice how Barry perked up at that.
"Oh?"
"Yeah it's nice to think that at least one person got those powers and decided to use them to help instead of to harm." You finished off his drink and passed it over to him. He went to pull out his wallet and you shook your head. "Nah it's on the house today."
Barry smiled, "Thanks (Y/N)."
You blushed and started to clean off the counter.
"Hey Barry!" You hear a deep male voice call from door. You turn at the sound ready to take more drink orders and you are greeted by the sight of Oliver freaking Queen standing at the door. Your eyes widen and you look at Barry as if to say, You know Oliver Queen and didn't think to tell me!
"Hey Oliver." Barry smiles easily after sending a shrug your way clearly not wanting to explain how he knew Oliver.
Oliver's eyes slid to you and he smiled. "And who is this?"
"Oh, (Y/N) this is Oliver, Oliver this is (Y/N)." You smiled back easily even though a slight blush was present on your cheeks because holy hell Oliver is even more attractive in person.
"Nice to meet you." He held out his hand and you shook it, though he seemed to hold on a second longer than maybe deemed necessary.
"And you as well."
Meanwhile Barry is more than a little jealous. Since the second Oliver walked in the room your eyes have been glued to him and Oliver is clearly falling into his playboy flirting habits with you. Barry coughed trying to draw your attention away from Oliver.
"Where are Felicity, Diggle and Laurel?" Barry asked, acting a just a tiny bit rude.
"Diggle is parking, I think Laurel and Felicity are just a bit behind me." Oliver replied smoothly and then he turned his attention back to you. He leaned slightly on the counter which caused to shirt ride up slightly. You glanced down and immediately snapped your eyes back up at Barry's cough. You blushed and Oliver grinned. "So (Y/N) any drink recommendations for me?"
"I personally always love our Apple Spice Latte." You replied trying to seem a little more put together because goddamn you weren't some wilting flower because of the sight of some tanned skin.
"Sounds delicious, I'll take one of those."
"Coming right up." You turned towards the machines and began to make the drink. You missed Barry glowering at Oliver and muttering something about stupid GQ model looks. Though Oliver heard and chuckled.
The bell over the door chimed as you handed Oliver his drink as three others walked in who you assumed to be Diggle, Felicity and Laurel that Barry had mentioned earlier.
Oliver payed and winked at you and then turned to go over to his friends. Your blush reappeared and you quickly tried to tamp it down. You faced Barry and raised your eyebrows.
"What the hell, Barry?" You asked, faking anger.
"What?"
"You know Oliver Queen?"
"Yeah, but it doens't really matter. I know him from work and Felicity is my friend so we all hang out sometimes." He really wanted to steer the subject away from Oliver because he didn't quite care for you staring at him dreamily. "How is work?"
"Awful, but you know that. Two part-time jobs isn't the best." You sighed. "I think I get a solid four hours of sleep on a regular basis."
"I'm sorry (Y/N). I wish I could help."
"Yeah well you would think a master's in political science and another in economics would mean something, but apparently not in this city."
At that moment Oliver walked back over. He had heard your mention of your degrees and thought maybe he could hire you for his campaign.
"Hey (Y/N)."
"Yeah?" You smiled kindly at Oliver. "Do you need a refill?"
"Actually I was wondering if you would be willing to work as a campaign manager for my campaign back in Star City? It would nicely. Although it would mean moving to Star City for a few months, though I could provide the money for the move."
You gaped at him. What he being serious?
"Umm yes?" He chuckled.
"Oh did I say that out loud? Ummm... Let me think about it." You replied shakily.
"Sure thing, he is my number. Can you let me know as soon as possible?"
"Of course."
"A refill would be great as well." He winked and handed you his cup.
"Yeah no problem." You quickly made another drink, barely managing to not spill it on yourself in your awed and confused state.
"Thanks." He left and went back over to his friends who began to whisper and gesture widely, obviously about the offer he just made to you.
During that whole encounter Barry had been glowering at Oliver. He was glad you were being offered a job that would pay better than your current ones. But he didn't want you to leave and he wasn't a fan of the extreme flirting Oliver had been doing.
"Holy shit Barry." You breathed. "Do you think I should do it?"
"Of course, it is an amazing opportunity." He tried to smile easily, like he wasn't bothered by the idea of you leaving Central City and him for a long period of time.
"Are you sure?" You tilted your head, looking at him confused; he was usually so supportive.
Barry nodded. "Of course I am (Y/N). I would miss you that's all." You reached out and squeezed his hand.
"I would miss you too, but with that new train you could come visit me and it wouldn't take all that long."
"Yeah, that's true." He chuckled because it really only took him seconds to get to Star City, with him being the Flash and all, but you didn't know that.
He glanced down at your hand, which was still resting on his. You coughed and pulled it away as subtly as you could. Barry shook his head and grabbed your hand once more. You blushed, curious as to why he would want to keep holding your hand.
"Hey (Y/N)... I want to tell you... That, uh.. before you go and Oliver sweeps you off your feet-"
"What?" Was Barry jealous? Does that mean he is likes you? It has to, right?
"Well you clearly are interested in him and he is interested in you. And that means I have no chance..." He winced.
You laughed, "He is not who I'm interested in."
"Oh? Who do you like then?"
"You." You were smiling. Barry looked at you sure that he has heard you wrong. You shook your head and pressed a light kiss to his lips.
"You dork." You smiled against his lips.