Owen Grady

You had just arrived in Isla Nublar with your 6 year old son Matty. You were much more excited than him, to be honest, he wasn't excited, at all. But you thought it would be a great idea to clear your minds and have fun. You were recently divorced and that hadn't been a good time for you and especially for your child.
Little Matty was holding your hand too hard. He was a little afraid and really nervous because the dinosaurs. On the way to your room, you tried to calm him.
"Hey, they informed me that the park is totally safe. And besides, I'm here, it will be all right..."
"How can you be so sure?" He looked at you hesitant.
"Because I'm your mother, I know things!" You smiled at him.
"I don't know..."
"Well, we'll only see what you want...the scariest can stay out of our plans. What do you say?"
"Okay, I guess is okay. We can go to...the...petting zoo?"
"Great ideia! Baby animals are awesome!" You said super happy.
After you settle in hotel room, you changed clothes and quickly went there. The Gentle Giants Petting Zoo was located by the Visitor's Center, so you didn't had to walk too much.
You saw a lot of tiny triceratops, they were all so cute. The zoo keepers were feeding them with shoots and leaves.
"Do they eat this everyday?" You asked.
"Yeah, and they also consume around 10kg of hay, ferns, corn...oh and even small trees." Mary, the zoo keeper answered.
"That's very interesting. They're so small but already eat a lot. Can we pet him?"
"Of course, come on in!"
You pushed Matty and stood 50 cm from the triceratops. You gave a little rub under his frill.
"Do you wanna try to ride him?" You asked to Matty.
"Hmm...yeah!" He really wanted to go.
You rode the triceratops around the enclosure, it was so fun. Your son was so happy so you grabbed your camera and started filming a short video.
"Matty say hi!" He looked at your camera and started to wave. "Are you having fun?"
"Yeah, this is amaze balls!"
"Who taught you that?"
"Uncle Simon."
"Oh, of course! Hey, tell me... where are we?"
"At the petting zoo!"
"Yeah! But this is not a regular zoo, right?"
"No, is cooler!"
"And what are we riding?"
"Baby triceratops. They're the best." You turned the camera to you.
"Matty is right, they're really friendly! Oh and we are in Jurassic World! YAAAY!"
Suddenly you hear an alarm ringing, then someone talking on a loudspeaker.
"Warning, this is not a test, all the attractions are closed from now. All visitors must go to the main street as soon as possible."
You quickly jumped off the triceratops, grabbed your little boy's hand and followed the orders. All the people were running, you had no idea of the gravity of the situation, but you knew something was going wrong. At one point you couldn't run anymore and stopped for a few seconds to rest. Many people were bumping into you, and from one moment to the next, Matty let out your hand. You were desperately trying to find him in the crowd. But he was too small, it was impossible.
"Matty, where are you? Baby?" You screamed, but no sign of him.
You knew you couldn't stay still, you had to find your son. So you ran to the entrance of the control room where was a security guard there and could help you. You showed him a photo of Matty, and he told you that they would look for him. He said that you should go to a safe place, because what was coming was too dangerous. As soon as he said that, you saw in the sky a dark cloud, it looked like smoke, but it faded as they approached. It was a band of pterosaurs and they were going down, picking up everything with their large beaks that appeared in front of them. You could not think of anything else apart from your son.
Not far away, Matty was fine, but very scared. He walked away from the crowd, and was on a bumpy road. He sat there on the floor waiting for someone. After a few minutes, a man on a motorcycle passed by him, but he only noticed that Matty was there a few meters ahead. Quickly turned back.
"Hey kid, what are you doing here all alone?" That man asked in a raspy and worried voice.
"I got lost from my mom. I can't find her." Matty said whining.
"I'm gonna find your mom. You can go with me, I'm Owen, the raptors trainer." Owen said smiling. He picked up Matty and put him on the motorcycle. As was only a helmet, Owen placed it on Matty's head. While he was driving, Owen was talking to distract him.
"So, tell me, how's your mom? Her hair, eyes..."
"She's really beautiful. Her hair is curly and brown. Her eyes are big and green!"
"And what's her shirt color?"
"She's with a blue dress."
"Oh..okay! So it will be very easy to find her! Thank you fella, your help was very important. How old are you?"
"I'm 6 and ¾."
"Woow, very precise! And you're enjoying the park? Is your first time here?"
"Hm kinda....Yes it's our first time, mom really wanted to go!"
"And how about you?"
"Not really...I don't really like dinosaurs, they are scary."
"Whaat? For real mate? Are you afraid of them? Well that's because you don't know my raptors, they're super...lovely."
"Are you afraid of something?" Matty asked him curious.
"Nah...yes. But you have to keep it in secret, okay?"
"Deal!"
"I hate clowns."
"My mom hates clowns too!"
"Well, I don't feel so bad now.I have an old friend who also was very afraid of clowns." Owen said as he thought in his high school sweetheart. She was exactly like Matty described her mom, but it should be only a big coincidence.
"And how about your dad? He's here too?"
"Nope...he's working."
"I see...We're almost there."
When they got there, everything was a totally chaos. There were still many pterosaurs, then Owen took Matty to the control room and left him there.
"Where's my mom?" Matty asked tremulous.
"We're gonna find her, I promise you. But I have to leave you here for a few minutes. I'll come back!" Owen said and bent down to tranquilize Matty. He took off his watch from his wrist and handed it to him.
"Can you read time?" Matty nodeed. "I'm gonna give you my watch. I'll be back in 10 minutes." Owen said and hug him.
Owen went to get a gun and ran to the confusion. There he met Claire, who saved him from being killed by an angry pterosaurs. They fought to end it. But the worst was yet to come, because the Indominus Rex, the most dangerous dinosaur ever, had escaped.
"Oh Owen, thank God you're okay!" Claire said and kissed Owen. Behind Claire, Owen saw a woman on her back with a blue dress and curly hair. He quickly tried go to her but a pterosaurs got in the way and he lost her of sight.
"Damn it!" Owen cursed and Claire looked at him extremely confused.
"What's happening?" She asked.
"I found a kid lost in the woods and I promise him that I was going to find her mom."
"Oh my...but he's okay? Where he is?"
"In the control room, he's perfectly fine, just a little bit scared." Owen said looking around.
"Don't worry Owen, I'm gonna send someone to take care of him."
"He's with Vivian."
"But still... she's working, I'm gonna talk to someone." Claire grabbed her phone and started to make some calls.
Owen disappeared and started to search for you. You were next to a restaurant which was very destroyed. A pterosaurs tried to attack you, but you fought him. You had small injuries on your forehead and arms. But that didn't hurt, you just felt pain in your heart. You were exhausted and just wanted your son back.
You were with your head down and hands on your knees, staring at your feet when you saw someone stoping right in front of you.
"Are you okay miss?" A male voice asked you, but you didn't answered and not even looked at him. "Are you Matty's mom?"
As soon as you heard your son's name, you looked up. The sun was blinding you, but Owen saw immediately who you were.
"(Y/N)? Is that you?" He questioned gaping.
"Omg, Owen? Do you know where Matty is? He's hurt? Tell me!" You shouted shivering and hopeless.
"Hey, hey...stay calm. Breathe!" He said placing his hands on your arms. "You have a very brave son and he's cool. I found Matty and took him to a safe place, don't worry. Are you okay?"
"I am now. Thank you so much, I don't have enough words to thank you." You smiled and Owen stared at your wounds. "Oh..this is nothing!"
"No, I need to take care of this wounds...they look bad." Owen said pushing you.
"You're still the same..."
"Is that bad?" He winked at you.
"Maybe...are you working here?"
"Yup, I'm the raptors trainer."
"Oh are you serious? That's new."
"I grew up, I've changed a bit!" He laughed.
"Yeah me too, I guess it's life."
"And you changed too. You're married and have a son...big changes!"
"Well..." You hesitated. "...I'm not married anymore."
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't knew."
"That's okay. How could you know? We haven't seen each other for about... 10 years?"
"10 years? Oh man, we're old (Y/N)!"
"We can't stay forever young, unfortunately."
"But you still look good." Owen said without even thinking. You looked at him with your eyes wide open. "Oh...err...I mean, you're not bad...." He was so embarassed.
"You look good too!" You laughed and squized his hand when he started to disinfect the wounds.
"I know that this burns, but hold on just a little, it's almost done." You looked at him and nodded affirmatively.
"Done! So what are you doing now?"
"Getting a special treatment from an improvised nurse?!" You laughed out loud.
"Not now...in your life. What do you do for living?"
"Yeah I figured that you were talking about that. Well, I'm a undercover operative."
"Like FBI?"
"Something like that... Actually, I'm in an undercover investigation right now. Opps, I shouldn't said that to you. I have to kill you now." You said emotionless.
"Wait what?" Owen asked terrified. The smile he had on his face, went to a frightened face. He was really very distressed.
"Exactly what I said. Must kill you...with tickles!"
"Oh jesus, for a moment I thought you were telling the truth!" He exclamed relieved.
"Maybe, maybe not... Just kidding I'm second assistant director."
"In movies?"
"That's right. I oversee the cast, ensuring that the principal actors are in makeup, in wardrobe, or standing by on the set at the correct times. Well, basically I'm the assistant of the first assistant director."
"Wow. It sounds amazing."
"Sometimes. Isn't that funny. So I know that you train the velociraptors, but what you did before?"
"I was in the Navy."
"My brother was also in the Navy, what a coincidence.... Omg, Matty! Can I go see my son? Please!"
"Of course. He's not too far from here."
You two walked till the control room. Matty was there with two boys, who were Claire's nephews: Gray and Zach. They were playing with some toys. When you saw you son, you ran into him and hugged him tight. Matty was so happy that he started to cry.
"Omg baby, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." You said making sure that he was really okay.
"I missed you! Here's your watch." Matty reached out to give his watch to Owen.
"You can keep it!" Owen said and put it around Matty's arm.
"No Owen, that's too expensive." You said when you saw that it was a vintage Rolex.
"Now it's yours, take care of him. My grandad gave it to my dad, and my dad gave it to me, so is very special. And it deserves to be with a very special guy like you." Owen said and smiled. You looked at him tenderly. At that moment you felt a strange feeling. The feelings you had for him had returned. In fact they never were gone. You just had broken up because the distance, the love never ended. And after so many months of suffering, you finally felt truly happy.
"Mom, can I go play with them?"
"Of course baby, have fun." Matty turned to Gray and Zach and leave you and Owen alone.
"I missed you!" You said holding his hands.
"I missed you too (Y/N)!" Owen hugged you strongly. That hug lasted longer than usual.
"Owen?" You heard someone talking and quickly turned around. You saw a beautiful red-haired woman in front of you and realized that something was wrong by the way she looked Owen.
"Hey, this is (Y/N). Matty's mom!" Owen said introducing you.
"Hi!" You waved awkwardly.
"This is Claire Dearing the head of operations and asset management at Jurassic World."
"It's really nice to meet you. Thank you for having my boy safe."
"No problem. We are here to protect all the visitors. Owen can I talk to you for a second?"
"(Y/N) I have to go, but stay here, I'll come back." He said and followed Claire.
She was walking hurried, Owen barely could keep up.
"Claire, what's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"If you're gonna act like this, I better go!"
"Yeah, you should come back to your friend (Y/N)."
"Wait...are you jealous?"
"No!"
"Yes you are. Listen here Claire, it was only a kiss. If you're thinking that we're dating, you're very wrong."
"We have bigger problems now. Indominus... we need your raptors."
"My raptors?"
"Yes, to track her. Can you please cooperate?"
"I don't think that's a good idea. I mean my girls never were on the field."
"Well, they need to be one day, so..."
"Guys, I'm sorry, but you need to see this." Vivian peered at the door.
Owen and Claire ran into the main room. On the big screen was the park's map and the exact location of Indominus. She was moving towards the raptors cage.
"I need to go!" Owen said and left the room. He passed by you and stopped in front of you.
"Indominus is near the raptors cage, I have to save them."
"So go!" You encouraged him.
"Not before doing this!"
He grabbed your arm, pulled you close and kissed your lips. You froze and just could smile slightly. Owen left the building quickly.
Claire saw everything. Without thinking twice she came to you and started to talk to you.
"For how long did you know him?" She asked you.
"About 15 years."
"But don't you have a husband?"
"No. I'm divorced."
"Sorry to hear that. Do you know that that kiss was only a friendly kiss, right? I mean, he's with me now." Claire was being a totally bitch to you.
"Oh...yeah. You shouldn't feel threatened by me. We're just good friends." You said that with a smile on your face, but deep down you felt your heart breaking into a million pieces. "...Sorry Claire, I have to go to my son." You went away almost in tears.
"If Owen is dating her, why did he kissed me?" You were thinking when your child pulls your hand.
"Mom, we have to go."
"Sorry, but why?"
"People are leaving the island."
"Oh oh...that's bad news. " You couldn't leave Owen. You needed to see him again, even if it was the last thing you did in your life. But you couldn't stay there with your son, so you took the hardest decision that you ever had in your life. "Listen Matty, you have to be a grown boy. I can't go, I have to stay. But don't worry, I'll be by your side really soon."
"He can go with us." Zach offered help.
"Really? Thank you so much. Please take care of him."
"We will!" Gray said.
"But I don't wanna go." Matty said, clutching your arm.
"You have to. You're a big boy, you'll be fine. I love you." You said goodbye and ran to the main room.
When you got there, all the staff was leaving the building. The only one who was still sitting in the chair was Lowery. You pulled up a chair and sat next to him and looked at his computer. You stared for a few seconds at the monitor to try to understand what was going on. You could see that there was a map on it and red lights that moved. Next to it was another computer showing the soldiers' vital signs.
"This is what I think it is?" You asked pointing to the screen. There were names of all soldiers, and Owen's too.
"Yeah, we can see if they are alive or dead. It's kinda weird I know..."
"Not weird, is torture."
"Wait, what are you still doing here? Didn't you heard about the evacuation?"
"Yes I did, but I wanted to stay. I need to see Owen once again."
"You shouldn't be here. Is too dangerous."
"So why are you here?"
"Because is my job, is my duty."
"But everyone left..."
"I'm not everyone."
"Seems fair. Where's Owen now?"
"He's literally in the middle of the park. In the woods."
"And can I go there?"
"Are you crazy? Of course not."
"Maybe I am."
"Sorry (Y/N), but I can't let you go there."
Out of nowhere, you heard a beep. It was an alarm. You instinctively looked at the computer and saw Owen's name flashing.
"What's happening?" You asked anguished.
"I'm sorry..."
"What? Why? What's wrong?"
"We lost him."
"What do you mean by "lost him"?"
"The vital signs ceased."
"Oh no...it can't be true. Do something, please!" You weren't believing in what you were listening. Lowery was trying to make contact with Owen but he wasn't responding. You grabbed the mike.
"Owen, Owen please talk to me. Please. Don't leave me. Oh my god, I love you. Please say something!" You were screaming and crying.
He couldn't be dead. You had so much to tell you, so much to confess. You wanted to tell him, live and in color, that you loved him and that you never, ever stopped loving him. Your story couldn't end like this. You deserved, at least, one last kiss.
Lowery looked at you and noticed that you were feeling helpless. He tried to find Barry and entered in contact with him.
"Barry, do you hear me?" He said through the microphone.
"Yup-"
"Are you okay? Where's Owen? Is he okay? Tell me!" You interrupted him.
"I'm okay. I don't know where he is...I'm sorry."
"No. He can not be dead. I have so much to say..." You leaned against the table, slid to the ground and put your hands on the head. Tears streamed down your face. You felt hopeless, without support. It seemed that your life was over in that moment. Of course you had your son and loved him more than anything in the world, but with Owen was a different thing.
A several minutes had passed, and you were still there, without saying anything. Lowery was trying to help the others, but he also wanted to help you, so he tried something different. That thing it could kill you both, but it was the only way. You had to go to the field to find him. He ran to a storage room, pulled out some guns and helmets for your protection. You looked at him and quickly got up and then stood for a moment, trying to figure out what was happening. Lowery had done everything for you don't go after Owen, but now he was willing to go outside? It did not make sense.
"What are you doing?" You inquired looking tense.
"We...we gotta go. This is probably going to kill us, but I saw your desperation. And if it were me, I would like to have someone who would go after me and didn't give up on me, so...you can't give up on him, you have to try. After all he's the love of your life, right?" His forehead was dripping, he was so nervous that the sweat was running almost like a river. Of course Lowery wasn't really prepared for that, neither you, but he had something in his favor: he knew the park and all the hiding places.
"Are you sure about that? I mean, I can go alone. I don't want you to get hurt because of me."
"I know the park, and besides that, I don't have anyone. I will not be missed. But you have your kid, so you need me to protect you. I'll do anything to save you."
"Why are you being so nice to me? I'm just a stranger."
"Because...the park is doomed, I can't do anything else, execpt helping you. Anyway, we don't have time for this. Are you with me or not?" Lowery reached out and cracked a smile.
"Yes. Thank you so much! You're a good person." You gushed and rubbed his back.
You two left the control room, looked back trying to memorize that space, because you knew that it would probably be the last time you would have the opportunity to do so. Lowery was visibly moved, after all he loved his job. You watched him carefully and tried to comfort him.
"Hey, you did a great job there. And you will see that you will re-enter through those doors." You cheered him.
"Thank you for trying to cheer me up, I really appreciate it."You just nodded and started walking toward the road. Lowery pulled you by the shirt.
"We're not going by foot."
"But...I don't see any cars here."
"You're right...there are no cars...here."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Come with me."
He went around the building, and in the back was there a bus.
"We're not going on that." You laughed.
"Sorry to contradict you, but yes."
"Lowery, are you kidding me? This is an old bus. We're not even gonna leave this place..."
"Just trust me."
He sat in the driver's seat and started the engine. You looked at him reticent and when the bus started to walk, you had to hold on to something, otherwise you would fell on the floor. Although he asked you to trust him, you were not so sure about that.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" You said out loud, because the engine was making too much noise.
"110% sure!"
"Wow, that was precise."
"Yeah, I'm like that."
"Oh my god, who would say that my visit to the park would end up this way?"
"This is bad?"
"No...it's just unexpected."
"If you would came already knowing what would happen here, that would be unexpected. Oh and this is not over yet!"
A few miles and bumps later, you came to the part of the park where it was Barry. He gestured for you to pull over. The expression on his face showed that he was noticeably shocked to see you there.
"You shouldn't be here, it's too dangerous!" Barry fumed.
"Sorry Barry, but you had news of Owen?" Lowery asked.
"Please tell me you know where he is!" You begged.
"(Y/N)...we don't know. We lost contact with him near the raptors cage." He tried to be brief and say no more, because he saw you were terrified.
Suddenly, someone shouted that Indominus was just 2 miles away. All rushed to their posts, and in the confusion, you moved away from the road and entered in the forest. You acted instinctively, like a dinosaur. After a few minutes, you realize you had no idea what you were doing.
You were walking in circles, or at least that was what you thought, it seemed you were always going in the same places. A hidden branch on the ground made you stumble, and hurt the knee. Out of nowhere you started to hear water running, it looked like a river. You went there because you needed to clean the wound. When you began to approach, you saw something on the ground. It was a piece of cloth with the exactly same color of Owen's pants. You took a few steps and approached the water. Next to the opposite shore you saw something immersed.
Without thinking twice, you jumped into the water, the stream wasn't very strong, so you reached the thing you were seeing without problem. Your hands were shaking and your heart was pounding, because you feared that it was Owen. Once you saw what it was, you covered your mouth with your hands, and popped your eyes. You were shocked.
It was a triceratops cub. It was so tiny, so defenseless. You felt sad and angry, but at the same time, relieved. It wasn't Owen. But he certainly was near.
You swam to the shore, and looked around. You called Owen again and again, but you didn't get response. You were losing your mind, you couldn't even think straight. And to make things worse, the sky were getting dark and after a couple minutes the rain started to fall down. You heard thunders and tried to go to place where there were not trees.
You found a clearing and stood there, waiting for the storm to pass. You knew it was better to stay there than near trees, because it was more likely to be struck by lightning. A moment later you heard a noise, like a shot, but it could have been just thunder. Suspicious, you followed the sound, and saw someone in the distance.
"Owen is that you?" You shouted.
"Get down!" He ordered.
"Why?" You questioned as you turned around seeing some dinosaur behind you.
Confused and frightened, you started to run at full speed. But the dinosaur, it was not a land dinosaur, it was a flying dinosaur. So he flew and was able to catch you, although Owen has tried to hit him.
"(Y/N)!" Owen screamed and followed the animal.
At that point, you couldn't think in anyone else besides your son. He needed you, you just couldn't die. So, you tried to swinging from side to side, in order to that dinosaur let you go. You looked down and saw that you were really high, if you fell from there, you would end up dead. But if you stayed there, you could die too. After a few miles, he started to come down and you saw the opportunity to release yourself.
After many attempts, you finally fell on the ground. Your body ached, but you couldn't stand there. You were an easy target, and he quickly could pick you up again. You ran in the opposite direction, hoping to find Owen. The fact that he is healthy and safe, give you even more strength to continue. When you were in the middle of the trees, you had to dodge a rock that was there and crashed into something.
You landed on your back, but felt someone lifting you. Your eyes met a familiar green eyes and the most beautiful smile in the world. Owen hugged you hard against his chest.
"Owen, I love you." You said giggling.
"I know!" Owen said with the corners of his mouth rising and you gasped. "What?" He smirked.
"Nothing...I'm glad I find you!" He kissed you and you started to shiver.
"You shouldn't be here...you need to change, you're freezing." Owen said worried.
"Where should I be? The love of my life is here, I can't leave without him."
"Who is he?" Owen asked with his jaw clenched.
"His name is Owen...I'm not sure if you know him..." You said palying with you hair.
He wrapped his arms around you, raised you in the air, and when you come down, your lips met again.
"I always loved you (Y/N)." Owen said holding your hand.
"So, let's go home!" You exclaimed.
"Where's home?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.
"Whenever Matty is."
He smiled and took you away from the forest. You came back to Lowery and explained everything to him. While you were in a safe place, Owen and the others, capturated Indominus.
A few months have passed, the park was still closed, but you were living there. You quit your job and Matty went to a school in the island. You were feeling really happy. Specially because something beautiful was happening...inside of you.
One day, Owen and Matty arrived home and you were smiling waiting for them.
"Hey honey, we're home!" He said opening the door. Matty ran towards you and kissed your cheek and Owen passed his hand on your belly.
"I need to tell you something...it's a girl!" You said pointing to your belly. The men of your life pulled you into a group hug.
"Can we name her Blue?" Matty said excited.
"Hmm...I don't know fella, we already have one..." Owen said rubbing his head.
"Yeah baby, you need to chose another one." You glanced at Matty.
"Well...maybe Emma?"
You and Owen nodded smiling.