Eggsy Urwin

"Have you ever been called to Merlin's office?" Roxy asked, her voice laced with worry. Eggsy stole a quick glance at her from the corner of his glasses to see her still fidgeting with the edges of her suit.
"I didn't even know he had an office." Eggsy confessed, walking through the walls of the Kingsman headquarters, repeating the directions Merlin gave him in his head.
"Do you think we're in trouble?" Roxy's fidgeting was becoming more and more manic by the second.
"Stop that!" Eggsy hissed, slapping away one of Roxy's hand. She gave him a sheepish look. "And no, you're not in trouble. I, on the other hand..."
"What did you do this time, Eggsy?" Roxy sighed, giving him a side eye.
"Nothing harmful, I promise!" he raised his hands in defense. She gave him another look. "I may or may not have let JB piss in one of the recruit initiates' room."
"Oh, my God," Roxy tried to hold in her laughs. "You're such an arse!" she slapped him playfully.
"Ow! Roxy, you'll wrinkle my suit!" Eggsy giggled like a little girl as he tried to slap away Roxy's hands.
"Ehemm," a woman cleared her throat behind a tall table at the end of the hallway. Without realizing it, Eggsy and Roxy had arrived at the door to Merlin's office.
They shared a nervous look before advancing towards the table. Both of them held in a gasp once they saw that it was a pretty young woman staring expectantly at them. Eggsy wanted to gasp because of how beautiful you were, and Roxy because of the fact that there was another woman in this place. So this is where they had been hiding, she thought.
"I didn't know Merlin had an attractive secretary. Say, how do you suppose I get one?" Eggsy raised an eyebrow slyly at you. Roxy had to resist the urge not to roll her eyes aggressively.
"Not with that weak attempt of a pick up line, that's for sure." you raised your eyebrow back at him without lifting your eyes from the computer you were typing things into.
Eggsy's eyes widened and Roxy snorted in an attempt to cover her cackles.
"Ouch," Eggsy faked a wince, not ready to back down. "Come on now, don't be like that." he pouted, his green eyes already working it's magic through a puppy dog stare.
"Is Merlin expecting you?" you asked in a bored, flat voice, still not lifting your eyes from the screen as you looked through Merlin's schedule. Truth be told, you knew who he was; Merlin already briefed you earlier that morning. He even warned about his womanizing, over confident, coy attitude that he might bring up the second he sees your face. You were fully prepared for this situation.
"Yes, he is. It's probably under—uhh,Lancelot, and Galahad." Roxy stepped in, pushing away Eggsy away slightly. "And I do apologize for my colleague's behavior."
Eggsy gave Roxy a childish glare, but what he wasn't prepared for was the way you looked up from under your lashes at Roxy, a small smile on your lips. You were breathtaking, that's for sure; pretty hair that sat in a neat braid, soft lips, long lashes, sharp eyes, and tinted cheeks. You looked like the kind of woman that everyone would chase to hook up with, but you couldn't because you were too busy kicking ass.
"At least one of you lives by 'Manners Makketh Man', or in this case, woman." you smirked at the girl, still choosing to ignore the guy.
Eggsy looked bewildered. This was probably the first time a girl chose someone else over him, and another girl at that. "Wha-"
"Merlin will see you now." you cut him off with the sound of your keyboard clicking as you pressed enter on Merlin's schedule, looking him deadly in the eye.
At first, the guy's eyes became huge in shock, but slowly the smirk you heard in his voice returned to his face. You had to admit, he was hot; dark blueish-green eyes, cheekbones more structured than your life, jawline that could cut you, dirty blonde hair groomed neatly to the side. But anything that happened at Kingsman was strictly business, you've told yourself that since day one.
Instantly, Merlin's door opened and the three of you could hear his heavily accented voice.
"Come in."
"There you go," you gestured to the door, standing from your chair. "I'm (Y/N) (Y/L/N), by the way." you held out your hand to the girl.
She gave you a cheeky smile as she took your hand. "Rox-"
"Lancelot." you gave her a small wink.
"Yeah," she suppressed a giggle from her mistake.
The guy looked completely frustrated as he tried to move 'Rox' away as gently as possible, hand already outstretched for you to take. "And I'm-"
"Galahad." you nodded, leaving his hand hanging. "I'm not that much of a bimbo secretary."
'Rox's eyes widened as she let out a laugh, dragging a shocked 'Galahad' into Merlin's office by the collar of his shirt, ignoring his protests.
"Yes, come in. By the time you reach me, ten people will already be dead." Merlin rolled his eyes from his chair in the edge of the room, facing all of the different screens he had. His office was just as Roxy and Eggsy suspected; modern, technology filled, clean cut, and not a single pen out of place.
"We were just having a chat with Miss Moneypenny outside," Eggsy huffed, straightening his collar that Roxy messed up.
"As in the secretary from James Bond?" Merlin raised an eyebrow, turning his chair to face the two agents.
"Yes?" Eggsy said, unsure.
"You bloody idiot." Merlin pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "(Y/N)'s not my secretary, she's my assistant. My secretary is out for the day."
"What difference does it make?" Eggsy suppressed the need to roll his eyes.
"You're more daft than I thought, Galahad." Merlin gave him a look. "She's my assistant; as in, she's properly trained and has done a lot more field agent work than you have. She's your senior. She could've killed you before you even tried to wink at her, but she chose not to. Don't exactly know why, seeing as with the way you talked to her, I would have had your head already."
"Nice." Roxy gave him a taunting look. Eggsy gulped nervously.
"Right then," Merlin rose from his chair. "Your next mission will be breaking and entering into one of the world's tightest museums. A man named Quincy Norman-"
"That's a shit name." Eggsy interrupted Merlin with a whisper, causing Roxy to punch his shoulder. Merlin gave him a death glare, causing Eggsy to give a sheepish smile in return. "Sorry, continue,"
"Last Wednesday, Quincy Norman tried to break in and steal one of the world's most prized sculptures. The owner of the museum, Jack Gallagher, is incredibly worried and so yesterday morning," Merlin clicked a few keys on the keyboard, causing multiple images to appear. "He installed a bunch of new security alarms, not to mention a double in the amount of security guards. We suspect that Norman will strike again during tomorrow's event; a Gala held by the owner's daughter, Rose Gallagher. Important young people from all over the world are invited. Your job is to go undercover as Ella, Ashton, and Tricia Morgan; the three teenage children of Andrew Morgan, the owner of a successful oil company."
"Oh, I am so excited to be with a bunch of prissy rich teenagers." Roxy's lip tightened sarcastically.
"You were a prissy rich teenager two years ago," Eggsy gave her a look. "Wait," he turned to Merlin. "You said three names?"
"Yes, (Y/N)—" Merlin eyed Eggsy. "—will be joining you. If I may say, she's probably as good as I am with hacking skills. You'll need her to break into their security system. The rest, you two may discuss with her for strategies."
"Oh, shit." Eggsy muttered under his breath. Roxy smirked at him.
"You are dismissed." Merlin nodded as if to conclude their conversation. Eggsy and Roxy nodded back, turning to leave Merlin's office. "Oh, and Eggsy?"
"Yes?" Eggsy turned back around.
"May I suggest apologizing to (Y/N) before you go on this mission?" Merlin taunted.
"Screw you, Merlin." Eggsy huffed childishly, stomping out of his office with a giggling Roxy trailing behind him.
Eggsy gritted his teeth as he tied and untied his bow tie. Normal ties were easy, he dealt with them everyday. Harry only had to show him twice and he immediately got it. Bow ties, however, were delicate and short, they require dainty precision, and Eggsy had way too much pride to Google how to do it with his large calloused fingers.
"Rox!" Eggsy called out with a defeated sigh as he untied his bow tie for the seventh time. "Could you come in? I'm having a wee bit of a problem!"
He could hear heels on the wooden floor from the other end of the door. "Uhh, no, it's (Y/N),"
"Shit." Eggsy's muttered under his breath, his eyes widening when he heard your voice.
"Did you need help with something?" you called out from the other end of the door.
Eggsy squinted at his own reflection in the mirror, contemplating it for a second, then shook his head, deciding that the awkward moment wouldn't be worth it.
"Umm, no, thank you. Could you tell Roxy to come in once she's done?"
He could hear you chuckle, causing him to furrow his brows. "I won't bite if you actually need help, Galahad."
Eggsy scrunched his nose at the code name. He never really liked the formality of the codenames. He always thought that Harry would have that name forever.
"Yeah, okay." he sighed, unlocking the door.
He turned back to the mirror, hoping to maybe quickly figure it out so that he didn't have to face you, but it was already too late seeing as you were already behind him.
"Need help with your bow tie?" you put down your clutch on the small table in the corner of the changing room, ready to help him.
"Uhh—" Eggsy's eyes widened once he took in your appearance through the mirror. You wore a pretty icy blue dress that seemed to twinkle when you moved. It reminded him of Queen Elsa from Frozen, Daisy's favorite movie. He made a reminder in his head to make sure that Roxy watches that movie later.
He stole a glance at you again and admired your hair that was put up into a curly updo to frame your soft features, and your gentle colored make up that added youth to your face. Now that you were in normal clothes—well, relatively normal compared to the Kingsman suits—he could imagine you walking down the street like every other normal person.
"You look really young." he blurted. Eggsy cursed at himself for his nonexistent filter at moments like these.
"Thanks?" your eyebrows raised, your lips pursing in an amused smile. "Did you need help with your bow tie?" you repeated.
"Yes, please." he gave you a defeated look as he handed you the bow tie. Eggsy held in his breath as you walked towards him, standing only a few inches away from him as your finger accidentally touched his neck when you lifted up his collar.
"Cold?" you smirked once you saw goosebumps form on the sliver of skin that your finger touched.
"You said you wouldn't bite." Eggsy whined like a child.
"Sorry," you chuckled, your skillful fingers working fast on his bow tie. "Couldn't help myself."
Eggsy noticed that when you were focusing, you had your bottom lip in-between your teeth. However, once you realized that you had lipstick on, you quickly pushed your lip out again. This happened a few times before you finally finished.
"There," you reached out to straighten his collar and his blazer. "That should do it." you looked up at him to give him a small smile.
"Wait," you turned to walk out the door, but Eggsy grabbed your arm gently. You gave him a questioning look. "I never got to apologize for my," he cleared his throat awkwardly, trying to find the correct words. "Ungentlemanly behavior." he gave you a guilty smile.
"Oh, Darling. I said I wouldn't bite, but it's going to take a lot more than that if you want to be forgiven for being an arsehole." you returned his guilty smile mockingly before exiting the changing room, walking away from an open-mouthed Eggsy.
~*~
"Do we all understand the strategy?" you asked, looking over Merlin's clipboard. Technically, it was more yours than his seeing as you were always the one organizing it and making sure that everything is on it.
"Yes." Eggsy and Roxy said at the same time. Roxy's smile was big and her yes were wider than usual. Everything about you; from the way you made organized diagrams for the strategy, to the way you said 'we' like you were a real team, she admired.
"Remember, knights. I will be your eye on the outside. The only way I can see in is through your glasses, Galahad. If I see any suspicious guests, I'll be the first to tell you. But once you're in, you're in. I won't have control." Merlin said through the partition of the limousine.
Eggsy nodded, leaning his arm against Roxy's. Roxy gave him a bright, readying smile through her red lipstick that matched her red dress. Eggsy didn't quite understand her dress; short in the front, long in the back. He shrugged, what did he know about women's fashion anyway? Nothing.
"We're here," Merlin announced, pulling up to the front of the museum that was decorated to perfection tonight. Eggsy and Roxy's eyes widened once they saw that they had reporters, a red carpet, and everything else in between. "Lancelot, Galahad, Morgana," Merlin turned in his driver's seat. "Good luck."
"Thanks, Merlin." the three of you said at the same time just as a valet opened the limo door for you.
"Smile for the camera." you whispered before you stepped out, your dress descending behind you like a sheet of twinkling ice. Eggsy's eyes widened as he followed you out of the car, the flashing lights immediately blinding him, Roxy following suit.
Everything happened at once; the shouting camera men, the flash, the music, the walking, the smiling.
"Ashton! Ella!" Eggsy could hear your voice, but he was too overwhelmed to figure out where you were.
"She means us, Dumbass." he heard Roxy whisper in his ear before slipping her hand into his, instantly calming him down.
"Coming, Tricia!" Roxy grinned at you effortlessly, pulling Eggsy along by his hand hand.
"You're doing great, Lancelot." the three of you could hear Merlin through your earpieces. "Galahad, try not to look like you've just seen a ghost."
"Don't be shy, Ashton!" you laughed easily, still maintaining your smile as you posed for the camera while grabbing Eggsy's other hand.
"You do this a lot?" Eggsy leaned down to whisper in your ear, now finally smiling.
"More than you, mate." you winked, hinting about how he disrespected you the first time you met.
Eggsy made a wheezing sound, and Roxy had to suppress her giggles. "I-"
"Keep walking, guys." you cut him off, slowly walking towards the entrance of the museum.
"Good job, Morgana. You're all in now." the three of you could hear Merlin as you walked into the museum. Everyone looked in place with their expensive outfits and the classy decor of the museum. Thankfully, Eggsy didn't feel like the three of you were too far out. He could actually pull off this rich snob look, he thought. "Everything else is going to go through you now. I expect updates from all three of you."
The three of you whispered a reply, indicating that you all understood.
"Ah! The Morgans, yes?" a familiar pretty young girl walked up, her long black gown swaying with each movement.
"Rose Gallagher! I'm Ella Morgan," Roxy replied with just as much enthusiasm, immediately walking up to give Rose a greeting kiss on each cheek. You and Eggsy shared a shrug, not used to talking to immensely classy people. "Thank you for inviting us. This gala is divine."
"'Divine'?" Eggsy mouthed at you. You pursed your lips to suppress a laugh.
"No problem, Darling," Rose gave Roxy a subtle wink. She was flirty from what Eggsy could tell; wavy, shoulder-length brunette hair, petite body, big eyes, dimples. Soft and delicate. "Any young person who appreciates art as much as my family does deserves to be a part of this fine night."
"The Morgans are known to have eyes for sculptures," Roxy winked back. "These are my siblings; Tricia and Ashton Morgan." Roxy stepped aside.
"Pleasure to meet you," you grinned, going in for the cheek kisses like Roxy did. Roxy raised her chin in pride once she realized that you had just used her as an example.
"M'lady," Eggsy cheekily raised an eyebrow as he kissed the back of Rose's hand. It wouldn't hurt to have a little bit of fun. Roxy rolled her eyes.
"My, what a gentleman you are." Rose blushed.
"Trust me, he's only a gentleman around the pretty ones." Roxy joked, hinting at Eggsy while giving you a knowing look. Eggsy took a step back, his cheeks darkening at Roxy's comment.
"You're funny," Rose eyed her, the smirk on her lips causing her dimples to appear. "Well, I should greet the rest," she gestured to the entrance. "Enjoy the rest of the party."
"You too, Miss Gallagher," Roxy smiled politely.
"Please, call me Rose." she winked at Roxy before walking away with the flirty sway of her hips.
"I think she likes you." you pursed your lips in amusement at Roxy, once Rose was out of earshot.
"Pfft, n-no," Roxy sputtered.
"Yes, Rose Gallagher is known to fool around with quite a lot of men and women," Merlin's amused voice interrupted through your earpieces.
"Oh my god," Roxy blushed, hiding her face behind her hands. "Can we please just get on with the mission?"
"Right," Merlin cleared his throat. "I suspect that the sculpture Norman tried to steal would be somewhere obvious, where everyone could see."
"Yes, I see it." you gestured at the large sculpture near the back of the hall, glimmering in the golden light from the grand chandelier hanging above it.
"Looks like Quincy Norman is going to have his work cut out for him tonight," Eggsy mused.
"I don't think Norman is that much of an idiot," you could hear Merlin roll his eyes. "If he was going to steal it, he wouldn't do it himself. Lancelot, Galahad, your job is to blend in and find any suspects through the inside. Morgana, you will have to find the security system to keep an eye on the party. Good luck."
"Alright," you straightened your dress once Merlin stopped talking, giving your colleagues a light smirk. "Who's ready to party?"