Peter Quill

Honestly, you should have both known better. You wanted to blame Peter, mostly, because it wasn't just like you could find contraceptive pills in SPACE for gods sake. However, you knew you were equally to blame. You hadn't stopped him, and you hadn't told him to use protection, either.
God, you weren't even dating. It had been a one night sort of deal, when you were both wasted. Oh, sure, you were friends. But you weren't together. And you had no idea how he was going to react to this particular bit of news.
Best to get it over with.
"After another round, sweetheart?" He smirked at you from his bunk.
"Don't be an asshat, Quill. We need to talk."
"Uh oh," his smirk remained firmly in place, "what's the matter?"
That was it. You decided to wipe that smirk out of his mind for a while.
"The matter?" You feigned innocence, "nothing, I mean... I'm only pregnant with your child." You shrugged.
He choked.
"That's not funny." He informed you, "you shouldn't joke about that!"
You laughed humourlessly.
"I'm not joking," you sighed, your prank losing its humour, "seriously, Peter."
He swore colourfully, using a handful of words you had never heard before and had no idea what they meant. Of course, you could guess.
"Yeah..." You sighed, "that was pretty much my reaction too."
"Well..." He shrugged, "it's not THAT bad... I mean... We have enough money..."
"You're not seriously suggesting we keep it?" You blinked at him; you hadn't been expecting him to want that. You'd been expecting an argument.
"Why, don't you want to?"
"No, no, I do want to. I wasn't expecting you to want to, though..." You explained.
"Never really had a father, and Yondu was a crap father figure, so... Y'know," he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "here's hoping I do a better job, right?"
"Yeah... Yeah... I'm sure you will," you smiled lightly.
You hadn't expected him to react this way; you were almost stunned, then, when he looked at you awkwardly.
"So. Uh... Can you feel it yet?"
"Yeah," you shrugged, "I'm kinda dumb when it comes to this sorta thing, didn't realise that I was... You know... Until..."
You trailed off, further confused by the expression on his face.
"What?"
"Just. Can I... Can I feel?"
"Oh. Well. Yeah. Sure. Come over here?"
He practically leapt off his bunk and trotted over to you, cautiously putting his hand on the bump under your shirt.
"Whoa, you feel that?" He stared at you, fascinated.
"Yeah, kinda hurts when she does that," you stretched.
"She, huh?"
"I always picture a girl," you shrugged.
"Hell, long as the kid's healthy I don't care if it's a boy, a girl, or a goddamn unicorn." Peter said, and you smiled.
Sometimes, happy endings don't involve a kiss and a wedding. Sometimes, they're forged by two friends raising a child that they didn't mean to have, but couldn't bear to be without.