Sherlock Holmes

Hey there little red riding hood
You sure are looking good
You're everything a big bad wolf could want
Sherlock sat uninhibited on a stranger's door stoop, trying to focus his mind even slightly. However, Sherlock from a couple hours earlier had made sure that wasn't going to happen. The morning sun had crested over the London horizon and condescending businessmen, lawyers, and other authorities buzzed blurrily by. Eventually the professional landscape had changed and waitresses and other workers whirled by as Sherlock's mind slowly regained full blown conscious status.
The injection site on his arm began to hurt less and his heart had already begun to slow down. A repulsing aroma rose up from his tarnished attire, making him wince in disgust. His new hangout, since the last one had been busted by Mycroft and Lestrade, didn't have the luxury of running water. Thankfully Mycroft would be gone by now allowing Sherlock to easily sneak in, shower, shave, and steal some new apparel. Maybe this time his outfit would look less homeless cocaine addict and more properly housed cocaine addict.
He stood up as blood rushed to his head and he stumbled forward into you as you were passing by. "I'm sorry," Sherlock spit out.
You looked him up and down before quickly realizing the state of the man in front of you. You shot him a compassionate look, understanding his grave and dismal situation before pressing on to work.
Sherlock stared after you mesmerized as he tried to engrave your short meeting into his mind palace to revisit later. Never before had he felt such an intense feeling before and that's coming from a cocaine addict. It felt... peaceful yet invigorating. He needed to study you, he need to understand you, he needed to know you.
Little red riding hood
I don't think little big girls should
Go walking in these spooky old woods alone
What big eyes you have
The kind of eyes that drive wolves mad
Just to see that you don't get chased
I think I oughta walk with you for a ways
Sherlock returned to the front stoop for the third day in a row to watch you on your way to wherever you went every morning. He knew this behavior probably wasn't the most gentlemen-like but then again he wasn't a gentlemen. An old suit of Mycroft's fit swimmingly and a stolen bottle of cologne made him appear to be a brand new man. In fact he looked so divine that the fancy house positioned behind him could even appear to be his. The cocaine was still there but what could he do?
8:24... 8:25... 8:26 am and there you went on your way without even a single glance in Sherlock's direction. To be completely honest, the only real interaction you had was when Sherlock fell over high which wasn't really the best first impression but it would do. He got to see you once, he got to look in your eyes once, and he got to touch you once. That interaction would do for the rest of time.
What full lips you have
They're sure to lure someone bad
So until you get to Grandma's place
I think you oughta walk with me and be safe
Gonna keep my sheep suit on
'Til I'm sure that you've been shown
That I can be trusted walking with you alone
Sherlock sat bored upon his familiar door stoop. Usually the rising sun greeted him as he waited for a sacred glimpse upon your heavenly face, but tonight it was the setting sun that whispered to him good-night. Lately, Sherlock had been trying to curb his little drug habit and with nothing else to do he returned to his stoop. After all, who knows if you'll happen to pass by?
Hours past and the night only grew darker as nameless faces wondered around the murky London night. Sherlock searched the streets studying the pedestrians and sharpening his dulling mind. Everyone seemed so boring and grey that they blended into the background. Sherlock looked up and down the street once more thinking about returning to Mycroft's to take advantage of the guest bedroom. However, he caught a slight glimpse of you walking down the street all alone.
The rest of London had wandered home by now and you and Sherlock seemed to be the only one out. You walked ever so close to Sherlock as you lessened the distance that separated you. Closer and closer and- you were gone. Sherlock immediately stood up to investigate your sudden departure. He could hear muffled screaming from a near-by alley and his adrenaline rushed through his body.
A crazed drug addict had you pinned to a wall as he rummaged through your belongings, looking for something to barter. "Hey!" Sherlock yelled. The perpetrator snapped his head in Sherlock's direction before relaxing at the sight of a familiar face.
"Shezzie!" he greeted. "You know how it is."
"Let her go," Sherlock demanded. A confused expression spread across the addict's face. "I mean it, Richard. Leave her alone."
Richard looked betrayed and threw you to the ground before stalking off into the night. Sherlock rushed to your side and checked you over for any wounds. You looked up at his face taking him in. "Get off me!" you ordered, beginning to collect your things.
Sherlock looked at your strewn belongings and helped you gather them. He presented your compact mirror and keys to you before you snatched them from him. You stood up to be on your way before freezing in the alleyway. "Thank you," you muttered, turning to Sherlock before running off.
Little red riding hood
I'd like to hold you if I could
But you might think I'm a big bad wolf so I won't
Withdrawal symptoms had been hitting Sherlock rather hard but the fear for your safety kept him away from any of his usual spots. Besides, Richard had spread Sherlock's recent recovery attempt and fancy for you to the others. Sherlock had begun to watch you more often now which was probably only ruining his chances of ever getting to hold you but your wellbeing mattered.
He stood stationed outside of your workplace door waiting for the clock to strike 3 pm signaling quitting time. Slowly but surely eager workers flowed out of the office building and began their pilgrimage home. Finally you walked onto the London streets checking your e-mails and beginning your own walk home. "Are you going to follow me or do you want to try walking together today?" you called out. Sherlock looked around assuming you were talking to someone else and certainly not to him. You were the neighborhood addict you couldn't be seen with him. "Well?" you said smiling at him.
Sherlock quickly fell in line beside you and you walked down the street together this time. "Is there a reason you seem to follow me everywhere now?" you asked, wanting to get straight to the point.
"Your safety mostly. Your name has been slowly spreading around the wrong circles," Sherlock apprehensively admitted.
"Oh... I see you speak then. I have to admit I secretly wished your first words to me would've been less... frightening," you joked.
Sherlock cracked a small smile. "Nothing will happen to you, I swear."
"Then I'll take your word for it."
What a big heart I have
The better to love you with
Little red riding hood
Even bad wolves can be good
Sherlock stood guarding your workplace once again waiting. It was all he seemed to be doing lately but he didn't mind. You had allowed him to walk you home from work every day for the past three weeks. Even though you never admitted it, Sherlock knew you were secretly scared after that night in the alley and he was more than willing to keep you safe.
2:58... 2:59... 3:00 pm and right on cue the onslaught of people flooded onto the streets like they did every day. Never changing their path, never changing their schedule. Eventually you joined them and you began your walk.
"How was work today? Nathan causing you any more problems?" Sherlock asked.
"It was a pleasant but much need surprise. Nathan didn't stop by my desk once. In fact I didn't see him on my floor today either. You didn't scare him off, did you?"
Sherlock scoffed at your outrageous proposition. "Of course not. Mycroft did."
You laughed at your new found friend, heart beating in your chest. So you might have caught feelings for your own personal vigilante and maybe that wasn't healthy but you didn't care anymore. He was sweet and intelligent and he really did care about you.
In time you arrived back to your flat and stood looking at Sherlock, wondering if today he would make a move. Sherlock's face tensed up like he was nervous and you grow anxious in excitement. "Do you really think you should be seen with me?" Sherlock asked instead.
"What are you talking about?"
"You know about my little habit. Can I really drag you into all of this? For Pete's sake, I'm living with my brother."
"I'd willingly be dragged into any mess of yours," you admitted. "You've been clean for a month, you've moved out of the drug den, and you've even begun to pick up hobbies. You're trying Sherl. Let me be a part of your new life." You moved your hand to grasp Sherlock's lovingly before he quickly moved in to steal a kiss of your lips.
You smiled up at him pleased but he looked terrified. So terrified in fact that he took off running in the other direction. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" you called after him but he was already gone and that you would definitely be seeing him tomorrow.
I try to keep satisfied
Just to walk close by your side
Maybe you'll see things my way
'Fore we get to Grandma's place